Page 1290 of 2517 [ 40264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1287, 1288, 1289, 1290, 1291, 1292, 1293 ... 2517  Next

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

10 Apr 2018, 9:44 pm

Wanna do something different, new and fun

But financially broke, socially awkward, scared, lazy, apathetic, physically weak, mentally slow

:D

There's someone that I want to interact with

He sometimes goes to a certain activity on Wednesday

But the activity lasts only one hour

And there are other precious lil "people"

Appetite gone haywire

Craving

Cheddar, lasagna, tacos, jalepino, refried beans, fried chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, ice cream,

But too expensive

And trying to lose weight

My "life" is like Sisyphus

:cry:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

11 Apr 2018, 10:41 am

Not much, actually.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

Lace-Bane
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 2:30 pm

cathylynn wrote:
our yard will soon be full of violets. our neighbors want us to kill these weeds. not gonna. they're even edible.
had no idea violets were weeds. not sure why people don’t like them. they take away the alien aesthetic of a cookie cut lawn, and are typically more resilient than what’s planted... at least, it’s so here in the desert.

since this guest house was built, no landscaping has been done, so it’s mostly surrounded by rock and dirt aside from the east facing the main house. could probably landscape it personally, but aesthetic tastes conflict with the family’s generally. not sure a koi pond would do so well here, or things like a cherry tree, though, magnolias appear to do fine.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 10:53 pm

I don't know why I've been extra dizzy the past two or three days. It's something that ordinarily happens to me occasionally (probably because I have low blood pressure), but it's been significantly worse lately for some reason. It's getting to the point where that combined with the rare occasions where my hip will feel just fine while I'm sitting/lying down but when I get up will not support my weight (I do have issues with pain in both my hips, and suspect that's related), I think I'm going to have to teach my service dog to "brace," so he'll come to me and stand firm so he can support/steady me. It's just really annoying because it seems like all my little health complaints like this (I have a good number, none of which have been that much of a problem on their own until fairly recently) are getting worse lately, and this is just another thing to have to deal with.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Apr 2018, 11:50 pm

There are people who like to play weak and there are people who like to play strong. I like to play strong.

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 12:47 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
I don't know why I've been extra dizzy the past two or three days. It's something that ordinarily happens to me occasionally (probably because I have low blood pressure), but it's been significantly worse lately for some reason. It's getting to the point where that combined with the rare occasions where my hip will feel just fine while I'm sitting/lying down but when I get up will not support my weight (I do have issues with pain in both my hips, and suspect that's related), I think I'm going to have to teach my service dog to "brace," so he'll come to me and stand firm so he can support/steady me. It's just really annoying because it seems like all my little health complaints like this (I have a good number, none of which have been that much of a problem on their own until fairly recently) are getting worse lately, and this is just another thing to have to deal with.

do you get enough water and salt? do you feel your heart race or skip beats right before you get dizzy? a check-up wouldn't be the worst idea. it could be anemia. a blood count would show it. maybe you need iron. i don't recommend taking iron if you're not anemic because it can cause nausea and constipation. heavy periods can make you anemic. there are other posibilities. just an example.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:40 am

cathylynn wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

do you get enough water and salt? do you feel your heart race or skip beats right before you get dizzy? a check-up wouldn't be the worst idea. it could be anemia. a blood count would show it. maybe you need iron. i don't recommend taking iron if you're not anemic because it can cause nausea and constipation. heavy periods can make you anemic. there are other posibilities. just an example.

I do probably need to drink more water - I often don't think to have any until I'm really thirsty. I don't feel anything odd with my heart rate when it happens. Mostly it's when I stand up or bend over, which is why I think it's probably due to my low blood pressure. I also haven't been remembering to take my multivitamin, which has some iron - I should probably start doing that again. Since I'm a vegetarian, it's probably not a bad idea for me to be getting supplemental iron. I'm also overdue for a checkup, I can ask for a blood draw then to see if I'll need an iron supplement in addition to the multivitamin and see what my doctor thinks about it, if I'm still having this issue. Thank you for the advice :)

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 11:18 am

dragonsanddemons wrote:
cathylynn wrote:
dragonsanddemons wrote:

I do probably need to drink more water - I often don't think to have any until I'm really thirsty. I don't feel anything odd with my heart rate when it happens. Mostly it's when I stand up or bend over, which is why I think it's probably due to my low blood pressure. I also haven't been remembering to take my multivitamin, which has some iron - I should probably start doing that again. Since I'm a vegetarian, it's probably not a bad idea for me to be getting supplemental iron. I'm also overdue for a checkup, I can ask for a blood draw then to see if I'll need an iron supplement in addition to the multivitamin and see what my doctor thinks about it, if I'm still having this issue. Thank you for the advice :)

you're welcome. getting light-headed with position changes is called orthostatic hypotension. it's common in petite people, especially young women. so, you are right about it likely being your BP. the fact that your pattern has changed is a bit concerning, though.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 5:36 pm

The flowers are out and so am I.

Midnightstar16
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 9:52 pm

how do you get over extreme cases of embarrassment? :|

cathylynn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2018, 10:16 pm

Midnightstar16 wrote:
how do you get over extreme cases of embarrassment? :|

apologize, make amends, and change the subject.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 9:24 am

My "life" is like Sisyphus.

A fifth year electrical engineering undergrad told me that if she were to have wasted as much time studying, as I did, she would have gotten straight A's.

And her major was harder than mine.

And I flunked out of that subject.

Regardless of what I do not eat, I am still fatter than other Chinese men and women

Nobody has the authority to "help" my worthless corpse

Maybe the greatest thing they can assist me with is by ignoring me

Plan, goal, dream, reality, delusional

Fantasies will never come true:

Infantry

Combat engineer

Structural engineer

Writer

Skinny smart handsome cisgender white man

Precious lil "friends"

Clinical depression

Autism

Six out of ten personality disorders diagnosed by Dept of Rehab

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 10:05 am

The April showers that most of British Columbia are getting right now. I remember asking my mum why we got so much rain one time when I was 8. The conversation did not go well.

Me: Why do we get so much rain where we live?

Mother: The British brought it with them when they came.

Me: I hate the British.

Mother: You're lucky your dad isn't here right now. He'd be very hurt if he heard you say that!

Me: Why?

Mother: Because most of his ancestors were British.

Me: Oops.....

This makes me feel guilty enough to show that side of me again. It must be the weather.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 10:09 am

Want to interact with a former aikido instructor

But classes last only one hour

There are plenty of other precious lil"people"

And minimal opportunity for social conversation

Per se

And afterwards he has to go to work

:cry:

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

13 Apr 2018, 11:10 am

Today is my birthday, yay! :D

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2018, 11:38 am

Precious lil "people" act morally innocent, academically smart, socially cool. Self righteous, big egoes condescending

Ain't got no precious lil "friends"

In the past, former precious lil "friends" had the nerve to tell me off when I cam out as trans.

Nothing to do in "life"

So afraid to trust anyone because they might suddenly turn on me

And I ain't psychic or telepathic so I don't know who will suddenly turn on me

Precious lil "people" have more resources than me:. Authority, cash, skill, friends, big egoes, confidence, IQ, higher metabolism

So if and when they suddenly turn on me, they win the competition. Even if they do not have the moral high road.

So it's like I should not interact with anyone with more resources than me

Which is a small group

And they do not necessarily want to interact with me

And whatever

Wish I was in the military

Get some respect

Get treated like a hero

Enlisted, officer

Army, Navy

Military occupational specialty

Deployment

Purple heart

Reserves, active duty

Doesn't matter

A soldier's military occupational specialty could just only be Shower Laundry Repair, and some civilians treat them like heroes

Martyr

That's how I want to get treated

But MEPs disqualifiers

Autism
Gender identity disorder
Clinical depression
Anxiety
Irritable bowel syndrome
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Over six months of professional counseling

At least

Can't join Chair Force