Page 1891 of 2484 [ 39731 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1888, 1889, 1890, 1891, 1892, 1893, 1894 ... 2484  Next

AuroraBorealisGazer
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 11:03 am

Flare crap-- SI joint pain getting much worse. Kept me up most of the night. Stupid body.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 6:22 pm

Parents should teach their kids history.

My dad did with me.

My dad teaching it had more impact on me than school would have done anyway.

They need to quit wasting time on twitter moaning, start teaching their kids. Maybe everyone who's moaning ought to teach each other then we'll know everything then we can pass it all down to all the kids.

Make history books for kids. Make museums exciting and contain everything. Teach it extra curricula.

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2020, 6:58 pm

I had a crush on a friend with bpd but she's going through a breakup and showing how dramatic she can be after ending a 2 week relationship. I don't think I have enough patience for another relationship with a borderline individual.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 7:45 pm

KT67 wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
I still think it's funny.
It's about my sister and her boyfriend.
They've been going since high school, but...

My sister's a college graduate, with a stable job and had a huge career ahead of her.
She's becoming more and more like my mom, only a bit reserved.

While her boyfriend's a high school graduate at best, no stable job, hangs out a lot out, lives off from the house for years now, and all notable thing about him was his rather expensive hobby with motorcycles.
He's basically a still growing teenager with a body older than mine.

Everyone, EVERYONE I've told off about it all tells me that they should break up. :lol:
He doesn't deserve her, she needs someone better and more equal or greater...

I don't ever try and interfere with anyone who tries to associate with her. Not especially her damnable love life. I'd rather deem her capable of fending for herself.
And if someone, IF someone forces my hand to do anything about it? I'd do as she will. :twisted: And I can do worse if cutting the ties isn't enough.

If they love each other, that's enough.

Them being in relationship is one thing.
Even to a point of a real possibility of them having kids out of wedlock.

But the possibility of marriage is an entirely another thing.
Considering that divorce isn't legal here, it's something to be taken very, very seriously...

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Whale_Tuune
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 8:47 pm

I believe that the vast majority of people think that they're good people. They try to be good people.

But I've experienced so much pain at their hands. How is this possible? Are they at fault, or is it me? How do I fix whatever keeps me from connecting with them?

Is it my anxiety? Do I worry too much? Am I really just a freak? Is it their fault?

How do I know what to do?

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 9:27 pm

How to market a potential You-Tube channel.

Lunella
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2020, 10:04 pm

I'm learning to cook things

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 3:19 am

Just feeling weird.
Weird enough that I may not to go out today.

Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:09 am

Perhaps the reason I feel better these days is not masking, but that I have withdrawn from society. When I'm "out there" earning my salary, I superficially interact with a smile, knowing I don't care. When I'm not there, I'm not in the contemporary world at all.

Like someone said, perhaps I made the glass wall between me and the world my friend. I can have my own private discussions with the universe.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 6:19 am

Edna3362 wrote:
KT67 wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
I still think it's funny.
It's about my sister and her boyfriend.
They've been going since high school, but...

My sister's a college graduate, with a stable job and had a huge career ahead of her.
She's becoming more and more like my mom, only a bit reserved.

While her boyfriend's a high school graduate at best, no stable job, hangs out a lot out, lives off from the house for years now, and all notable thing about him was his rather expensive hobby with motorcycles.
He's basically a still growing teenager with a body older than mine.

Everyone, EVERYONE I've told off about it all tells me that they should break up. :lol:
He doesn't deserve her, she needs someone better and more equal or greater...

I don't ever try and interfere with anyone who tries to associate with her. Not especially her damnable love life. I'd rather deem her capable of fending for herself.
And if someone, IF someone forces my hand to do anything about it? I'd do as she will. :twisted: And I can do worse if cutting the ties isn't enough.

If they love each other, that's enough.

Them being in relationship is one thing.
Even to a point of a real possibility of them having kids out of wedlock.

But the possibility of marriage is an entirely another thing.
Considering that divorce isn't legal here, it's something to be taken very, very seriously...

Wow that's a bad law. Yeah don't encourage them to get married unless they're very, very serious about it.

I really don't think it's possible to wipe out knowledge of the history of someone's heritage as easily as for eg wiping out knowledge of LGBT history to LGBT kids. Parents will just pass it on. My dad taught me rebs when I was probably too young for them lol. And the history of one's heritage told by one's parents is going to have more impact than a history lesson at school.

By the time my history teacher at school got onto teaching me that stuff, none of it shocked me. It was taught properly and it's a good thing it was taught but it wasn't my first exposure to the topics.

If my teacher had taught me it the other way around then I would've been a proud rebel. I would've stood up for what I believed in. I would have given the facts out in class. 15 is old enough for that and my dad would've been proud of me. Regardless of consequences.

If that stupid law's in place when my nieces and nephews are old enough, I'll tell them I'm proud of them if they stick up to it. And I'll teach them the proper history. So will their father.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 9:21 am

I'm not an expert at women in terms of gender rather than sex but...

I severely doubt anyone wants to be seen as underage when they're not.

The only person you could pick up would be a little kid (which would make you a creep) or a creep.

Bit different to wanting to look 21. I think lots of ladies would like that. Cos that's seen as desirable by normal people who aren't paedos and are adults.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2020, 10:01 pm

Worried that I made a mistake on the IRS form

Paranoid about getting made redundant from work

Work hasn't answered my email yet. Wrote another one. If they have not answered by Tuesday, phone

Don't want to phone, but lil dipshits leave me without much recourse

Ass holes

A lot of living and dead ants, flies, spiders, etc in Pigpen

Exhausted

Tired of hearing rodents to talk too much and too loud and there are too many of them s**t

Worried about $$$

Join circus

Join the military

Married

Monastery

Don't have enough energy to keep up with the idiots

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 3:04 am

I was talking with one of the old ladies from my building a while ago as I ran in to her on my way home from the library... we had small talk, but she also asked a lot of questions, and I'm not sure if I over shared or not... I mean, she asked, but I'm not sure if all of it was really socially acceptable or if she was being noisy. I did dodge some questions that I thought wasn't mine to asnwer, like when she asked who owns the apartment I'm renting, but I still feel like I said too much.

maycontainthunder
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 3:25 am

Cold feet.

Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 4:45 am

I enjoy life here, but I've made a promise to my wife to relocate to Europe in case we get lucky with a pregnancy. Raising a child here just puts him or her at a disadvantage, globally speaking. I'm not so selfish as to put my own whims ahead of a child's future.

Hopefully we can move back here upon retirement. Or, of course, there might be no child at all. Just speculating. Either way, I've all but revoked my citizenship so would be nice to never go back.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2020, 5:45 am

Okie... I'm in my room, trying to read, with...

.. Neighbors musical plastic toy phone pressumably very cheap, mom's phone, the TV, the computer sounds, another neighbor playing music somewhere, vehicles on the street, and oh tinnitus.

Amongst the cacophony, it's the crude toy phone the most annoying of all.