Page 2235 of 2518 [ 40278 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2232, 2233, 2234, 2235, 2236, 2237, 2238 ... 2518  Next

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 7:32 am

Covid-19 progress journal: Day 4

Still have a bit of a stuffy nose and a sore throat, but I'm feeling much better than before. My younger brother said he's got a fever last night. ....I hope he's alright. 8O :?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 10:59 am

very thankful for many things.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 12:48 pm

^ mee too. :heart:

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 1:38 pm

People who think the younger generation gets too easily offended by everything should watch this video I just saw from over 40 years ago where this extreme Christian guy was saying the Smurfs represent dead people because they have blue skin and black lips, which are colors people supposedly turn when they die. They also incorrectly said Smurfette was a male Smurf transformed into a female.

And that Yoda is demonic because not only is he a "zen master", but because he has three fingers and three toes, which says "Satan is lord", or some nonsense.

And that a rainbow on a box of cereal, of all things, was a symbol of The New World Order. :roll:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 2:11 pm

is canada infected with those extreme people also?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

26 Dec 2022, 9:49 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
People who think the younger generation gets too easily offended by everything should watch this video I just saw from over 40 years ago where this extreme Christian guy was saying the Smurfs represent dead people because they have blue skin and black lips, which are colors people supposedly turn when they die. They also incorrectly said Smurfette was a male Smurf transformed into a female.

And that Yoda is demonic because not only is he a "zen master", but because he has three fingers and three toes, which says "Satan is lord", or some nonsense.

And that a rainbow on a box of cereal, of all things, was a symbol of The New World Order. :roll:

There always existed people who got offended easily. Sadly, the internet now provides these types of people, a platform to share their whinging on a large scale.

UncannyDanny
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 7:47 am

Covid-19 progress journal: Day 5

Pretty much the same as before, namely a sore throat, a stuffy nose, and even coughing like this guy:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 8:02 am

^ I hope you feel better soon!

I have some things that must be done before the end of the year. One of them would result in me owing $20,000 to the IRS due to a grant I got. I have to return unspent funds or pay taxes on it. Yikes!

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 10:38 am

right now it is raining. rain forecasted the whole day today, and a couple days later this week and next week. got all my sick hours left and could call out. but afraid that the incompetent ghettoass assistant store managers will, unintentionally or out of revenge, mark "no call/no show" instead of "called out". some of the lil dipshits that work at home depot are so f*****g dysfunctional, disorganized, useless, and deficient, that it's surprising that they continue living until age 18 or middle aged, or whatever age those lil ass holes are. when my rags and shoes get wet all day long, then my worthless corpse gets cold and afraid of getting sick. but there is something wrong with everything.

besides, plenty of jobs are bad for your health. even Physicians have to deal with patients with all sorts of contagious diseases. so WTF ever.

my job, Lot Attendant, is working outside. too hot, too cold, raining. doesn't snow where i live. thank buddha.

going to work right now.

my worthless corpse wants and needs minimum wage, s**t.

saving sick hours could be a good thing, because unexpected events occur that require sick hours. but maybe "saving for a rainy day" literally is good enough.

on the other hand, if a car runs over my worthless corpse (which almost happens a couple times a day, the customers drive so recklessly), then all the sick time in the solar system won't do my worthless corpse any good.

there's something wrong with everything.

if my undergrad GPA were 2.67 instead of 2.19, my worthless corpse could've gotten a teaching credential and then junior high school rodents would've been happy to physically injure my worthless corpse.

if I got the degree that i wanted, then maybe i wouldn't have to work retail.

but a previous "friend" (who won't answer my e-mails and i don't know if she wants to be "friends" anymore) correctly told me "no matter how many job skills you get, someone with a better personality will always get the job. that is not "discrimination". they can hire anyone they want. they can do anything they want, legal or illegal, and the only way you could stop them is winning a civil lawsuit.

my previous "friend" was so loyal to her aikido "instructor", kayla b***h. kayla b***h violated the Fair Labor Standards Act by taking slaves. it is illegal for "for profit" businesses to accept "volunteer" labor. for many years , many slaves "volunteered" to do a lot of work for kayla b***h. a couple hours a week. and some of the work is skilled, like WordPress, fixing the building, bookkeeping, and teaching.

f**k kayla b***h!

but right now my worthless corpse has to go to work.

longshot
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 1:01 pm

Just waiting for my next disability pension payment, the sooner the better

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 10:27 pm

Flatulence.

Earlier today I had really bad acid reflux. Then I had light headedness and girgling digestive noises, and took a nap to be rid of the light headedness. Now I have flatulence. Guessing it will resolve shortly with some loose stool.

I didn't eat anything interesting today, until just now, when I finished leftovers from a day and a half before the acid reflux, so I'm pretty sure that wasn't it, but it reminded me just now to finish it up.

I have "digestive issues" so infrequently that they completely mystify me when they happen.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 10:49 pm

It was an awkward silence, turned into a photographic moment. That was kinda mean, but you refused to believe that about them, so you assumed they were being funny. But you didn't find it funny, and then you had a photographic reminder of an awkward moment, and you blamed yourself for making it awkward with silence, when the real fault was memorializing it. And you knew it, but continued to blame yourself.

AmIright?

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 10:59 pm

Come on, someone post something on this site! I'm so bored!

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2022, 11:01 pm

I am the Wolfman!

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 2:33 am

Joe90 wrote:
Come on, someone post something on this site! I'm so bored!

I posted about flatulence. That's not enough?

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

28 Dec 2022, 4:28 am

i'm worried, and i'm worried about not worrying.