Page 2570 of 2618 [ 41874 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 2567, 2568, 2569, 2570, 2571, 2572, 2573 ... 2618  Next

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 70,089
Location: Chez Quis

25 May 2024, 1:47 pm

utterly absurd wrote:
I think the vet wasn't very concerned because he's perfectly healthy otherwise.
He's 12 years old, and I've heard of older cats having this problem without anything being wrong.


I'm glad the vet thinks he's healthy.
That's very reassuring, assuming they checked all his vitals.

I'm concerned about the vomit thing though.
One of my cats is 20.5 years old and he doesn't even get hairballs.
I've never known any of my cats to vomit, even former ones who were 16 or 17.

Not to be graphic but is it like regurgitated (not swallowed) or digested?
Does he have energy?


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2024
Age: 16
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 849
Location: USA (EST)

25 May 2024, 2:08 pm

I’ve had two kittens with vomiting problems. Both kittens were given away since we weren’t able to care for them.
The first one had respiratory issues and vomited on the last day we had him.
Second one vomited fully digested food everyday for a week, and had awful bowel movements.

Both of these cats were either sick when we got them, or they became sick due to the (at the time) secret mold behind the fridge.


_________________
AuDHD
Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF2)

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)


utterly absurd
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 7 Feb 2024
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Posts: 604
Location: Wisconsin

25 May 2024, 2:45 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
utterly absurd wrote:
I think the vet wasn't very concerned because he's perfectly healthy otherwise.
He's 12 years old, and I've heard of older cats having this problem without anything being wrong.


I'm glad the vet thinks he's healthy.
That's very reassuring, assuming they checked all his vitals.

I'm concerned about the vomit thing though.
One of my cats is 20.5 years old and he doesn't even get hairballs.
I've never known any of my cats to vomit, even former ones who were 16 or 17.

Not to be graphic but is it like regurgitated (not swallowed) or digested?
Does he have energy?

Usually it's partially digested. He has plenty of energy and acts normal.
My aunt's cat had this problem at the end of his life, but he was fine otherwise; he eventually died of old age.
I asked my mom--actually what the vet said was he could be allergic to something in our house, which we doubt because we don't have hairy carpets or anything like that; or that he could be eating too fast, which we've done our best to address and it hasn't helped.
We should probably take him again. I'll bug my mom about it.


_________________
Diagnosed ASD/ADHD age 5. Finally understood that age 17.
Have very strong opinions so sorry if I offend anyone--I still respect your opinion.
He/him (or anything, I don't really care)
Feel free to PM me--I like to talk about most things other than sports.


PineappleLobster
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 19 Jan 2024
Age: 16
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 849
Location: USA (EST)

25 May 2024, 7:03 pm

I have eaten so many cherries today



Yes i did pick cherries today


_________________
AuDHD
Neurofibromatosis Type II (NF2)

He/him they/them
~~~~~~~~~~

Feel free to send me a PM! :)


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 70,089
Location: Chez Quis

25 May 2024, 7:08 pm

utterly absurd wrote:
We should probably take him again. I'll bug my mom about it.




Vets can be expensive so I understand her hesitation especially when the vet said not to worry.
I might suggest calling the vet to say you've "kept an eye on it" but it hasn't improved.
See what they suggest.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 27 Oct 2014
Age: 39
Gender: Non-binary
Posts: 26,456
Location: Right over your left shoulder

26 May 2024, 1:29 am

I'd like to try Arby's.

I'd like to see if it lives up to the way cartoon sitcoms and Jon Stewart make it sound. :lol:


_________________
“Anyone who wants to thwart the establishment of a Palestinian state has to support bolstering Hamas and transferring money to Hamas, this is part of our strategy” —Netanyahu
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う
GOP Predators


IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 1 Nov 2017
Gender: Female
Posts: 70,089
Location: Chez Quis

26 May 2024, 2:40 am

Leopard print nightwear factors repeatedly into my life story but it's not even mine.


_________________
And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make.


CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 17 Jul 2004
Age: 49
Gender: Male
Posts: 113,681
Location: Stalag 13

26 May 2024, 5:25 am

The fact that summer is almost here and little Om Noms are in the bushes with sweet smiles on their faces.


_________________
Who wants to adopt a Sweet Pea?


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,435
Location: UK

26 May 2024, 6:33 am

I don't know what day it is


_________________
We have existence


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,458
Location: Manchester, UK

26 May 2024, 8:05 am

I have a couple of radio controlled wallclocks with the time, day/date and temperature on them. Without them I'd be lost.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/264154566837 ... R8ietND2Yw


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,435
Location: UK

26 May 2024, 8:59 am

Oh they're handy

I know it's Sunday now but it's got a Saturday vibe about it


_________________
We have existence


Rossall
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 20 Oct 2021
Age: 53
Gender: Male
Posts: 5,458
Location: Manchester, UK

26 May 2024, 9:12 am

Bank holiday monday tomorrow.


_________________
Diagnosed with ADHD - Inattentive type and undiagnosed aspergers.

Interests: music (especially 80s), computers, electronics, amateur radio, soccer (Liverpool).


Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 11,796
Location: ᜆᜄᜎᜓᜄ᜔

26 May 2024, 9:18 am

In which I'm at least half way on mastering the pattern concepts over humanity.

Because humans and their unpredictability frustrates me.
Because I believe even emotions itself has some sort of 'physics'. Thus whatever I kept dubbing as 'human fundamentals'.
Because the stupid game as rules and I would want to decode it so I'd know how to enter the NT world bubble, bypass their rules or use said rules against them.

In which the knowledge itself just happened to extend to human behaviors, relationship dynamics, and the answer as to why social norms exists.

So I don't need to ask NTs anymore.
I don't need to question anymore; only more present information -- I'll just know how to integrate it.

And should the day come a fellow autistic question all of this, I can aide them to the 'whys'.
Give them a framework on how to approach particular informations.


But as I said...
This is only halfway done. It's not enough and I would know and still feel the gaps...


I want to kill the gaps of knowledge.
The gaps were the main source of my frustration.
The gaps is what makes me feel helpless or made things going to nowhere.


_________________
Gained Number Post Count (1).
Lose Time (n).

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,435
Location: UK

26 May 2024, 9:45 am

Rossall wrote:
Bank holiday monday tomorrow.


Yeah that's what messes with my head


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,435
Location: UK

26 May 2024, 9:47 am

Edna3362 wrote:
In which I'm at least half way on mastering the pattern concepts over humanity.

Because humans and their unpredictability frustrates me.
Because I believe even emotions itself has some sort of 'physics'. Thus whatever I kept dubbing as 'human fundamentals'.
Because the stupid game as rules and I would want to decode it so I'd know how to enter the NT world bubble, bypass their rules or use said rules against them.

In which the knowledge itself just happened to extend to human behaviors, relationship dynamics, and the answer as to why social norms exists.

So I don't need to ask NTs anymore.
I don't need to question anymore; only more present information -- I'll just know how to integrate it.

And should the day come a fellow autistic question all of this, I can aide them to the 'whys'.
Give them a framework on how to approach particular informations.


But as I said...
This is only halfway done. It's not enough and I would know and still feel the gaps...


I want to kill the gaps of knowledge.
The gaps were the main source of my frustration.
The gaps is what makes me feel helpless or made things going to nowhere.


I love watching nt people get drunk I do

They make me feel normal


_________________
We have existence


babybird
Veteran
Veteran

User avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2011
Gender: Female
Posts: 67,435
Location: UK

26 May 2024, 11:11 am

I think that part of what makes me laugh in life is in fact my autistic brain

I'm not obviously autistic and there's no way I would be diagnosed with it these days but personally I know my brain does interpret things in a way that would be described as autistic

And it just makes me laugh

I think there's two of me :lol:


_________________
We have existence