Page 1938 of 2523 [ 40357 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1935, 1936, 1937, 1938, 1939, 1940, 1941 ... 2523  Next

Blint
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 8:26 pm

superboyian wrote:
My friend Patience maybe....

You are on my mind too.... :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 9:14 pm

It's great seeing old, familiar pals here. :D

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 12:50 pm

I met my brothers friend the other day. He looked at me weird the entire time and called me "ret*d" at one point. I'm still irritated every time I remember that.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 7:35 pm

The amount of crazy things I did it or have argued about while I was on this site many years back. Usually thinking about it makes me gradually disappear and triggers my anxieties. This time, I can do this as I'm obviously not the 18 year old version of myself trying to find myself and how to embrace life.

In a strange way, if it wasn't for this site and the other autism forums. Wouldn't have met some great people on here. Some I've even continued communication with.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 7:37 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
I met my brothers friend the other day. He looked at me weird the entire time and called me "ret*d" at one point. I'm still irritated every time I remember that.

He must be younger than you I take it?

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 7:44 pm

superboyian wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

He's the same age as my oldest brother, he's probably almost 40 or in his early 40s.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 8:01 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
superboyian wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

He's the same age as my oldest brother, he's probably almost 40 or in his early 40s.

Usually it's lack of understanding and has probably never really had the chance or have truly known an autistic person.
If he has maybe a autistic family member, I'm very sure his perspective of you would be completely different.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 8:35 pm

I try and try and try and it doesn’t seem to make one bit of difference. Story of my life, why should this be any different? No matter how hard I try at anything, I always end up failing somehow. Shouldn’t be a surprise, I’ve always known my best isn’t good enough (and had that affirmed by my parents growing up).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 9:00 pm

I'll never look at life the same way since getting myself into Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory. Life is great. :lol:

Relax_on_Standby
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jan 2021, 1:43 am

The coworker I always catch staring at me is talking to her boyfriend again. I felt creeped out about it because of a past experience with a coworker that couldn't respect my space. The poor girl just thought I was cute or something. I still don't talk to her because she's pretty and I guess I feel intimitated, also feel like a jerk. I can't even look her in the face when she trys to talk to me.

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 11:59 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
superboyian wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

Wow what an immature brat of a 40 something

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 12:03 pm

This unspellable book is somehow 20 years behind its own time and 30 years ahead of its own time.

I think the internet is a weird 'place'.

Exists and doesn't exist.

Consists of words which place it in space without it being in space. "Visiting a site" without actually going anywhere.

We probably haven't learned how to use it effectively yet.

Cat fish let the rest of us think that our own images aren't tailored but in reality? They're all both real and not real all at once.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 12:17 pm

internet definitely does exist, so far as a worldwide simultaneous electronic network that envelops the globe and creates neurotransmitter reactions in conscious entity's transferring sense data back and forth on screens through binary code interfacing with other living bio organism sparking their nervous systems fibers in seamless technological symbiosis, can be said to exist. its only weird because its novel.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

KT67
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 6:26 pm

I'm deciding not to get in any political debates I feel emotional about til I get my book read or talk football outside of the game itself.

Advantages:
1 tangible-ish time period. An end date-ish. 'Never again' isn't a SMART.
2 gets me to focus on something
3 the advantages that not getting overly emotional all the time
4 the lack of a 'duty' to fix that which cannot be fixed
5 the lack of need to be right all the time

Internet exists/doesn't exist in the way that Simulcra and Simulation describe existence. When I read that book it reminds me of our online identities and how we live now. It exists like the way he describes Disney Land, which is a physical place made up of the imagination.

Another thing I'd put in that definition is Beamish. A physical location, sure, but one which represents the past which is no longer ongoing. Forever recreating its own existence.

When you go to a site that is still staying in your room. You don't actually go anywhere - even when you are on google earth. Or do you? That's the paradox.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 6:34 pm

The internet is like Plato's Cave. But instead of shadows on the wall its pixels on a LCD. We're all shackled to Windows into other worlds. or tempted to bite into the Apple of never ending dopamine triggering knowledge. Our symbiotic relationship with electronic tools turning us into an Android.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 7:56 pm

I was hoping Biden would turn into a pumpkin at midnight.

Apparently that's not how it works.