Page 1710 of 2523 [ 40361 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1707, 1708, 1709, 1710, 1711, 1712, 1713 ... 2523  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 11:59 am

i was so stiff and sore and gimpy the last time i went to the fair, i cursed my decision to not use a wheelchair.

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:07 pm

auntblabby wrote:
in the army and in civil service, whenever the anxiety would reach a certain level, i'd get down on the floor and do pushups.

I wish I could do pushups. At my peak health I could do about 3 full pushups and even some pullups. But no more. And wrist are too weak.

But I like the image and the "jumping into the cold water" attitude.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:20 pm

Must do yard work... but need to be able to process enough info in my brain.to get to that point.think was allergic , big mean plants ,very old big rooted vines grew up in old cattle fence. Was out restoring parts of fencing again. Why do these people need to tear up my fence.. stupid old vine must be poison ivey , am allergic again. It looked dead? Quit early
, thought to rest . Go to coffee shop ? To wake up , where senior staff appear to dislike me.
Complained about this guy who was stalking me. Same day , not seen this guy outside my house 9 months , suddenly , there he is , right after that same convo at coffee shop with senior staff & owner. ?? Coincidence.? Not .
Using that coffee shop for years . Before senior staff was hired , wrote them a bad reveiw on yelp after that . Owner was there during convo , a Canuck ,, omg , did nt want to take responsibility for stuff that happens in his business.. Jesus .! But he said so with a smile . GaVe his business great reveiws before .gotta go find coffee ...! . Do stuff afterwards.

where ever you go ,there you are

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:27 pm

auntblabby wrote:
i was so stiff and sore and gimpy the last time i went to the fair, i cursed my decision to not use a wheelchair.

Will not succumb , back into wheelchair.. it took too long toget out of it..
Rather go try to do push ups. Or try yard work some more. Still have my wheelchair just incase . Long time ago , bought a powered one on the cheap , and hid it in the basement . As a just incase .
Need a jet engine and folding wings , and rocket launchers on my powered wheelchair .

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:47 pm

blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
in the army and in civil service, whenever the anxiety would reach a certain level, i'd get down on the floor and do pushups.

I wish I could do pushups. At my peak health I could do about 3 full pushups and even some pullups. But no more. And wrist are too weak. But I like the image and the "jumping into the cold water" attitude.

it was a physical realization of what joan baez said about how "the antidote to despair, is action."

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 12:53 pm

auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

I wish I could do pushups. At my peak health I could do about 3 full pushups and even some pullups. But no more. And wrist are too weak. But I like the image and the "jumping into the cold water" attitude.

it was a physical realization of what joan baez said about how "the antidote to despair, is action."

Poignant .

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 9:25 pm

Get a grip

Can't complain

Felt like gorging as usual s**t

Going nowhere

Learn something new

This morning, brain felt like going on strike

Depressed as f**k

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 10:26 pm

VA bureaucracy is maddening. local water company keeps sending out my water bills too damned late for me to mail 'em in without being overdue, so i have to tromp on down to the damned place and pay 'em in person now. :x

Yakuzamonroe
Toucan
Toucan

06 Nov 2019, 11:07 pm

With drapes on my windows, I can FINALLY do that weird Carlton dance without anybody seeing me.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

06 Nov 2019, 11:24 pm

auntblabby wrote:
VA bureaucracy is maddening. local water company keeps sending out my water bills too damned late for me to mail 'em in without being overdue, so i have to tromp on down to the damned place and pay 'em in person now. :x

Yup happens here too.. been paying person for a while now..at least it gets me outta the house ...

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 6:44 am

auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Much truth in those words but I am not sure push ups were what she had in mind. :lol:

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 7:36 am

blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:
auntblabby wrote:

Much truth in those words but I am not sure push ups were what she had in mind. :lol:

mebbe not her kind of action [but who knows, she might be another jane fonda workout guru that nobody knows about], but action nonetheless. :)

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:12 am

The newest chapter of my favorite comic that I read today... I have mixed feelings about it.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:17 am

these cost as much as a car but if i won the lotto i'd get one or more.

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 9:26 am

My phone keeps getting alerts that I didn't request and paranoid I unintentionally pressed the wrong button and wasted $$$ or someone hacked my account. But I don't have an account

Financial scam

Any job that will hire me, there has to be something seriously wrong with, otherwise they hire someone that got canned fewer times than me

Idiots expect you to have a phone, computer and free time at all times

Ass holes

The Coldwell banker b***h arranged a job interview with me. When I got there the elevator would not go upstairs. The downstairs Starbucks told me that it has an "extra special way" to get upstairs. No front desk receptionist. Ironic because that was the job I was interviewing for. Then Laura godby told me that she expected me to call or emailed

b***h I didn't have a phone

Not everyone has a phone

She should not have expected me to have a phone

She could have gone downstairs and checked

Nobody would let me borrow their phone

They didn't trust me

Ass holes

But they expect you to believe whatever the f**k they tell you s**t

Dr etchiverri

Sahn
Veteran
Veteran

07 Nov 2019, 10:15 am

When something stops working, a lot of people assume that it's broken and give up on trying to fix it after a few seconds.