Page 1690 of 2523 [ 40366 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1687, 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693 ... 2523  Next

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 2:12 pm

^^^^ Oh no! What happened?

I'm thinking of a friend who just passed away. She's been on my mind for the past 24 hrs. She passed in her sleep, in hospice care. Have found new homes for her 3 dogs, thankfully. Hate cancer ...

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 7:22 pm

Why do aspies find it more interesting to bash each other politically instead of thinking, learning and being rational?

shortfatbalduglyman
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 8:04 pm

Today went to job interview at ACE cash express. Uneventful.

hiring event. And I already applied. Per instructions. Went all the f*****g way there , dress code, whatever. Not even one hour beforehand, emailed job rejection. :roll: that's like cancelling the job interview one hour beforehand. Ass holes

Library closed 10 am, power outage. Could have gone later, but might still have been closed

Pepper jack cheese

Trader Joe's hummus veggie wrap

Kit Kat delicious

Wore trousers not jeans

Gained weight

Pants felt tight

30 is too narrow

32 too wide

Bed 9:15pm to 7 am. Ate breakfast at 2 am. Hummus and wheat bread and chocolate.

Bowel movement. Rocks. Decathlon. Toys r us used to be there.

The penis is annoying

It says "ha?" Instead of; " excuse me"

When I am sleeping, it wakes me up

It kicks me out of the bathroom

Unwanted visitor

It offers me cheap s**t right after I finished eating

Ass hole

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:44 am

blazingstar wrote:
Why do aspies find it more interesting to bash each other politically instead of thinking, learning and being rational?

that is a blessed good question. :scratch:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 6:08 am

I am trying to work out if I am ok. I mean... How do I know if I am mentally ok or not? Is just that something has been said which makes me think I may be having problems. I seem to be ok... I think I'm ok.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 9:24 am

Mountain Goat wrote:
I am trying to work out if I am ok. I mean... How do I know if I am mentally ok or not? Is just that something has been said which makes me think I may be having problems. I seem to be ok... I think I'm ok.

I don't understand this as well. I don't know what i'm feeling. It's like a fog of anxiety is clouding my brain and i can't think.

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 9:41 am

AprilR wrote:
Mountain Goat wrote:

I don't understand this as well. I don't know what i'm feeling. It's like a fog of anxiety is clouding my brain and i can't think.

For quite a few years I felt emotionally numb as we went through a few years of 43 funerals which included family, relatives, a neighbour and many family friends. There were more funerals that we should have gone to but we reached a stage where we couldn't go to any more.

Fogginess. Yes. I sometimes get this as well. Usually when on the fringes of partial shutdowns. It is what I call being "Fragile". I sometimes get a slight headache or pressure feeling with it.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:39 am

auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

Based on my experience and observation; it's mainly about favoring reactivity as opposed to actually pause to think, learn, and tackle it rationally in order to defend their logic, own ideas and beliefs.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:54 am

I'm going to my parents' house for the night later this afternoon. Tomorrow we're having our Thanksgiving turkey dinner. But I'm worried because we're supposed to get a huge rainstorm later today, and I'm afraid the power will go out, and the last time that happened at my parents it was out at their house for two or three days. We won't be able to cook the turkey or anything else, and I'll be really bored and anxious because there's not much to do at my parents' house except watch TV, and I may as well go back to my apartment where the power might still be on, or it will back come on sooner.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 11:08 am

The talks of life is 'unfair'! :lol:

Unfair, like;
Someone meditates then she gets mental health issues and nightmares, while I meditate I get spiritual experiences and some hidden wisdom plus EQ points.

Yeah, it's unfair. :lol:
Why oh why is fate favoring me so??? :twisted: Buuhuuu?! I should be ashamed of myself! Wahwahwah~ :mrgreen:

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 12:05 pm

Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

Based on my experience and observation; it's mainly about favoring reactivity as opposed to actually pause to think, learn, and tackle it rationally in order to defend their logic, own ideas and beliefs.

I see that in NTs and understand it is part of the way their brain functioned. I thought aspies would be more thoughtful. Or, Edna, does it have to do with bullying? Aspies were bullied and so that's what they do in political discussions. Whoever is loudest and snarkiest wins? Is it a part of American culture? Perhaps it is an expression of American free speech.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 12:52 pm

blazingstar wrote:
Edna3362 wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
blazingstar wrote:

I see that in NTs and understand it is part of the way their brain functioned. I thought aspies would be more thoughtful. Or, Edna, does it have to do with bullying? Aspies were bullied and so that's what they do in political discussions. Whoever is loudest and snarkiest wins? Is it a part of American culture? Perhaps it is an expression of American free speech.

Not sure myself...
But I do know is that it's not exclusively American.
My country is very reactive -- collectively reactive. That's why when you post something Filipino on the net somewhere, they come swarming. :twisted:

It's not really about free speech, it might've been something more psychological play thing to catch those with opposing arguments in order to provoke reactivity.
It can be gratifying for someone to pull it off, some understands this and thinks it's fun -- and both opposing parties can appreciate it. And yes, aspies are no exceptions.

'Free speech' is more of a breading ground for a very overt and therefore more provocative psych play as opposed to a more censored culture ones that needs more subtleties.
Some aspies appreciates this type of thing, some are just too sensitive to join in, and some flatout don't.

And this is a forum full of autistics from various parts of the world, along with varying verbal abilities, circumstances, preferences and other issues they've been through -- where the contexts of being literal and non literal gets blurry unless you have enough verbal ability or some accustomed context to catch what's being inserted between the lines, what is not, and if there were any attempts to do so.

But yeah, loudest and snarkiest is one angle on terms of effects of bullying, certain sensitivities, or just human upping one another for whatever reason.

Fastest to answer even might've been a root of favoring reactivity, as how debates in real life works not really exclusively on effects of bullying nor personal expressions...

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 2:09 pm

I wonder if 'pul-seh' is how Indian English would pronounce 'pulse'. I should ask my coworker if I was wrong when I offhandedly 'corrected' him. :?

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:48 pm

Thanks, Edna. I have learned a lot in that post to think about. :heart:

Marknis
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:59 pm

I am thinking about leaving this place again. I can’t stand the people who dislike me still posting and how I can’t prove them wrong.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 5:12 pm

Making sure I don't have an anxiety meltdown in part because my mom guilt-tripped me for choosing to finish homework for my Spanish class instead of going with her to the store to buy groceries.