Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:09 am

Yes I know that there are already a lot of cat threads :lol: but I figure I should write about my new friend here. Well I brought my dog with me to the neighboring city to visit my dad and as I'm about to walk through the door, I hear a meow. So naturally I look and there was this little kitty walking out of the garden, up to me and my dad, even with my dog right beside me. Georgie (my dog) starts barking so I ask my dad to take him to the backyard, and we feed the kitty in the house and pet it.

It seemed like he was really starving for some kind of affection (and food as well). Didn't have a collar, but I'm going to the vet on Friday to see if they can scan him for a microchip and if there isn't one, I'm gonna get him his kitty shots just in case. I do plan on looking for the owner even though part of me says this kitten should have been at home (if it has one) instead of wandering the streets in this cold weather. I went to the store and bought a collar and cat supplies already so he has everything he needs. I'm so tempted to name him, keep him, and make this his forever home already. :( What should be his name if I do? I like Willow but that seems to be a feminine name.

Georgie and the kitten are getting along just fine by the way. The three of us have already snuggled up together and took a nice long nap. :D I'm still monitoring them to make sure that they're both safe as can be.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 8:58 am

He looks like an awesome cat. It's a good thing that he gets along with your dog. My cat never got along with my dog. She was a lost kitten too. She and her mother appeared in a box on our porch when I was 4. She was a tough cat, lived a full 18 years.

You could name him William O'Brien. Then you could still call him Willow. (Will-O) He would be a tough Irish kitten. :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:44 am

It's great that the cat and the dog gets along. Congratulations on your new kitten and family member! :D

Sallamandrina
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 10:55 am

He's just lovely, Stellar and all things considered, I hope you get to keep him. I envy you a little :wink: - that's my wish for this year: to get a new kitten.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

03 Feb 2011, 6:47 pm

Thanks guys it was like the best surprise of the day :D I hope you get your new kitten Sallamandrina and I wish you both lots of happiness.

I'm just trying to think of a name now, whether I get to keep him or not. :P I'm still liking Willow (or Will-O :lol: )