Page 1 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

When it comes to weird habits mine is quite annoying to some. I love mental disorders and syndromes; learning about it is fun and studying people entertains me. I know I've been doing this for a long time since I found out my mom had Depression and my big sister ADHD. Ever since then I'd observe and record people who acted differently according to the social norm.
Maybe that's why I have fallen for a man with Asperger's Syndrome... I know it's a really weird and invading habit, but that's just me. Does anyone else have weird habits or anything remotely close to what I do? I don't mean to be rude with it; I'm just intrigued by disorders.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 3:29 am

My weird habits are:

Making up gay couples using movie characters and inventing children for them
Photoshopping characters from different movies to make it look like they're a couple
Photoshopping pictures of my favorite actresses to look like fairies
Talking to my imaginary friends and voicing their responses back to myself
Running/pacing in a pattern while listening to music and daydreaming

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2011, 9:23 am

my weird habits are basically due to disorganized thinking. i am a packrat, thought not quite as bad as when i was a child. if i see a shiny object on the ground, i pick it up as though i were a crow collecting items for its nest. i have owned over 50 old cars [many jalopies] in my lifetime, before the age of 45- haven't bought any since then. i sure would love to have enough ca$h to get a used caddy deville but i've never been that rich. i collect pictures of attractive people's naked backsides, only backsides and not front sides. i collect bags and sacks from grocery shopping and make big bundles of 'em that i take to the recycling place once every few years. i collect opaque potato chip bags, only for the purpose of putting my banana peels in 'em so i don't have to see 'em moldering in the trash bin. i have a whole spare bedroom full of old records/CDs/tapes/book/magazines/electronics. since moving to my tin can 3 years ago, i have not really unpacked much, just enough to live. when i need something i dig through boxes to get to it. i can't stand the taste of my tap water, out here in the sticks it is communal well water that tastes like pee-water, so i will only drink filtered water. bathing in the stuff makes me reek. drat.

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

11 Feb 2011, 2:13 pm

I love reading weird habits :D
I tend to packrat things too... Like in grade nine there was a black part of a telephone with it's cord and I picked it up and kept it since late 2010. I believe I threw it away when moving, but I remember how panicky I felt when throwing it away...

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 2:21 pm

I like wallpapering ploughs.

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 8:01 pm

I stretch my wool socks that have shrunk in the wash on gigantic drinking glasses overnight. That way the next morning they are loose and won't strangle my poor little feet.

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

11 Feb 2011, 8:13 pm

My organization system here in my apartment consists of little piles. Little piles of things that go together in categories that I make up as I go along. I am messy but my things are grouped together :)

I really only feel like I am at my best, thought, attention, presentation and concentration wise, while bundled up in a sweatshirt with hood pulled over my head.

When speaking, I tend to mix disciplines and ideologies together, or I'll jump to using semi-coded language and sarcasm about my biggest ideas or conundrums without any sort of pretext or introduction. As my father's advice to me while teaching me to work with wood gave me a good idea of how I present myself, I will repeat it: "You might want to hammer it in with the grain first and then twist against it."

Oaglor
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Feb 2011, 11:10 pm

I take joy in creeping people out. :twisted:

No Nation Stays Strong
Only Death is Eternal

Yensid
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:23 pm

I'm generally a bit clueless. I pretend to be even more clueless than I really am.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2011, 11:35 pm

I take afternoon tea, every day of the week....

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

22 Feb 2011, 1:04 pm

I sometimes pick up litter when I'm out and about.

AwesomeUsername
Raven
Raven

23 Feb 2011, 12:07 am

To the original poster: Your habits are like mine: I'm neurotypical but I love to look for variations in humans. I love studying different kinds of human hair, brains, races, variations in sexes and chomosomes, and even disorders. I'm a huge sucker for studying the human facial structure, and why people have evolved to become as expressive as they are. It's hard to find a lot of information on different groups of people and how they differ physically, because believe it or not a lot of that science is considered racist to some people. What a shame.

As for my habits: Pacing back and forth, imagining made-up characters doing things exciting is one of my stranger ones. I can do that all day long.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2011, 12:14 am

I collect bits and pieces of things i have taken apart (even if i will never have any use for the parts), i collect books (even ones i have not/will not read, i just can't stand the thought of getting rid of a book), i polish silverware before i use it even if it is spotless, the same go's for drinking glasses, i am not shore if this counts as a habit but 17 page text file of quotes that i am always adding to, and i sweep my floor several times a day, and again not shore if this is a habit but i were a navy blue tee shirt and blue jeans every day (not the same pair, i have different pairs, they just all look the same).

Silhouette-Song
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Feb 2011, 1:21 am

AwesomeUsername wrote:
To the original poster: Your habits are like mine: I'm neurotypical but I love to look for variations in humans. I love studying different kinds of human hair, brains, races, variations in sexes and chomosomes, and even disorders. I'm a huge sucker for studying the human facial structure, and why people have evolved to become as expressive as they are. It's hard to find a lot of information on different groups of people and how they differ physically, because believe it or not a lot of that science is considered racist to some people. What a shame.

As for my habits: Pacing back and forth, imagining made-up characters doing things exciting is one of my stranger ones. I can do that all day long.

We would get along quite well.

Kedman
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

24 Feb 2011, 2:03 am

If I were to sit and list 'em all, you'd all think I was a complete basketcase. However, 99% of mine aren't things the average person would notice (I don't think).

However, I am surprised occasionally. My wife and I were sitting in our living room just talking, and I was sitting on the couch with the feet up on the coffee table. She noticed that my toes were moving back and forth rapidly and asked me what I was doing. I told her I was just tapping out the music on the radio. "But the toes on each foot are moving differently", she said. So I had to explain that one foot was tapping normal time, while the other was tapping double-time. (She just smirked and jokingly said "You're weird.") :lol:

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

24 Feb 2011, 2:50 am

I talk to myself a lot when I'm alone. I also rock in my seat to music and pace around my room.