Post a pic of yourself RIGHT NOW!

Page 170 of 543 [ 8674 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 167, 168, 169, 170, 171, 172, 173 ... 543  Next

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:08 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

:roll: Caged in haha. It is supposed to have that grainy effect because it captures the mood of the photo...

I like.

Getting close to 10K posts - do you think it will be today or tomorrow?

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:11 pm

Grisha wrote:

definitely today lol. not that i mind, she manages to help keep a lot of interesting threads alive.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

Grisha wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

:roll: Caged in haha. It is supposed to have that grainy effect because it captures the mood of the photo...

I like.

Thanks, I'll hit it today...actuallly, the posting war will speed up as soon as I hit 9836....it'll be go time then.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:13 pm

TechnoMonk wrote:
Grisha wrote:

definitely today lol. not that i mind, she manages to help keep a lot of interesting threads alive.

Haha, how'd you know? Thanks, a lot of people are annoyed at my posting lately....gonna tone it down soon.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:15 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
TechnoMonk wrote:
Grisha wrote:

Haha, how'd you know? Thanks, a lot of people are annoyed at my posting lately....gonna tone it down soon.

theyre not. You're just used to people thinking the worst of you.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:18 pm

TechnoMonk wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
TechnoMonk wrote:
Grisha wrote:

theyre not. You're just used to people thinking the worst of you.

Hmmmmm, no, I'm pretty sure I've annoyed some people, then again, you haven't seen some of the ways I've obtained my posts. :batman:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:15 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

I know. I was just teasing you. I like it. :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:20 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

Your parents finally decided to lock you up or does this have something to do with reaching 10,000 posts?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:30 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

Your parents finally decided to lock you up or does this have something to do with reaching 10,000 posts?

Lol, no, that would be depressing if they literally locked me up (though I now have an 11 pm curfew for running, grr) and it doesn't have to do with the 10K....kinda just random actually....and the curfew thing. :?

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:35 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

Lol, no, that would be depressing if they literally locked me up (though I now have an 11 pm curfew for running, grr) and it doesn't have to do with the 10K....kinda just random actually....and the curfew thing. :?

A curfew? Jees. 8O Oh, I thought perhaps the picture was symbolism for feeling restrained or something. You did say you were going to perhaps leave at 10,000 posts and this picture does coincide with that. I'm probably just over analyzing aren't I?

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:36 pm

It does feel like you're trapped when you never have anyone to do things with. I can't remember the last time i went to the cinema but i absolutely love to go, im just missing out because i don't know anyone. It's a pity that so many things in life are group activities, i'd love for them to make an attempt to attract solo people, a marketing strategy to attract them would make going alone acceptable. Seems like a massively untapped market in my eyes.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:44 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
TeaEarlGreyHot wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
How I feel atm.

Grainy?

A curfew? Jees. 8O Oh, I thought perhaps the picture was symbolism for feeling restrained or something. You did say you were going to perhaps leave at 10,000 posts and this picture does coincide with that. I'm probably just over analyzing aren't I?

Yea, it's pretty lame....supposedly it's just because they don't want to worry about me. :roll: Yea, it is for that too. I am not gonna leave just yet (because I thought I'd end up hitting 10K at the end of august)...I am gonna try and slow down my posting and leave in September though because that is when I go to college. Maybe a little, but it's good to hear your thoughts.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:45 pm

TechnoMonk wrote:
It does feel like you're trapped when you never have anyone to do things with. I can't remember the last time i went to the cinema but i absolutely love to go, im just missing out because i don't know anyone. It's a pity that so many things in life are group activities, i'd love for them to make an attempt to attract solo people, a marketing strategy to attract them would make going alone acceptable. Seems like a massively untapped market in my eyes.

Ha. Well really modern society is geared towards solo activities - you're spoilt for choice? Imagine if you were socially awkward back in the day yet had to keep with a group for your mere survival. That would suck. Nowadays you can just live in a nice place alone, order online groceries and play video games and learn about life through the internet. Works for and against some people with introverted personalities. 8O Why don't you just watch movies at home on a big widescreen television? They're cheap enough these days. I'm kind of confused with your opening sentence of saying you feel like you're trapped because you have noone to do things with yet you then say "It's a pity that so many things in life are group activities".

Chrissyruns wrote:
Yea, it's pretty lame....supposedly it's just because they don't want to worry about me. Yea, it is for that too. I am not gonna leave just yet (because I thought I'd end up hitting 10K at the end of august)...I am gonna try and slow down my posting and leave in September though because that is when I go to college. Maybe a little, but it's good to hear your thoughts.

Sounds more like they want to control you. Saying they are worried is a half truth in my opinion. I do hope you keep posting. I know you have gotten obsessed with this arbitrary 10,000 number but the forum isn't just good for that. At the end of the day you will leave every forum you ever become part of so the amount of posts you make doesn't really matter. I'd say the people you make friends with is more important. But yeah I know what you mean about 'setting a goal' in regards to post count - I've done it on other forums and it does help with motivation I guess. Good luck in college by the way - I'll probably wish you well nearer the time which will be more appropriate but yeah. :)

OneStepBeyond wrote:
lol sorry but your reply was terrible

Can you elaborate on that?

Last edited by blitzkrieg on 11 Aug 2011, 3:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
TechnoMonk wrote:

Ha. Well really modern society is geared towards solo activities - you're spoilt for choice? Imagine if you were socially awkward back in the day yet had to keep with a group for your mere survival. That would suck. Nowadays you can just live in a nice place alone, order online groceries and play video games and learn about life through the internet. Works for and against some people with introverted personalities. 8O Why don't you just watch movies at home on a big widescreen television? They're cheap enough these days. I'm kind of confused with your opening sentence of saying you feel like you're trapped because you have noone to do things with yet you then say "It's a pity that so many things in life are group activities".

lol sorry but your reply was terrible

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:49 pm

blitzkrieg wrote:
TechnoMonk wrote:

The first bolded thing, I agree.

The second thing....maybe he means someone not some people.

TechnoMonk
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:51 pm

it's not the same. i get really absorbed at the cinema. Kinda love the food too :)

i just meant that being solo sucks, but it'd be better if i didnt feel excluded from certain activities.

Last edited by TechnoMonk on 11 Aug 2011, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.