I injected contaminated syringe, please help

Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

impulsivedumb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2011, 5:17 pm

I guess i have tried the hardest to forget that this has ever happened, but i did it a couple of years ago. A friend of mine who is Hepatatis C positive, let me lend his syringe one night. We boiled ( i have read that boiling can be even counterproductive )the syringe and i guess washed it also. I only did 1 injection, and i have never did this dumb thing again.

He is a regular user, and ofcourse he had used the syringe just before and during the whole weekend. I did a test 1-2 months after the injection and they found nothing in my blood, but ofcourse i should have done further tests later on. That is what i'm gonna do now.

1: I wonder, what '% do you think it is to aquire Hepatitis C by injecting an contiminated needle? ( i have read it is low %, but i don't know what to believe, considering so many drug addicts will aquire this disease so soon. Also, this syringe have had to be very contimated, because of my friends chronic injection frequency. )

2: Also, if i have it ( which i try to prepare mentally for, but i'm so scared... ) and i get a Chronic Liver infection, is it possible to get cured from the "chronic" liver infection, by curing the Hepatatis C? ( that is depending on genotype and if i'm able to get medication, i know ).

I'm from Europe by the way, and not any english speaking country, but i hope you understand most of what i'm saying. I would be so very happy if you could talk to me about this, because i'm so very afraid. I have been getting a hard time in life lately and a depression, so all bad things i have done in my past comes back to me with double strength right now.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

17 Feb 2011, 5:18 pm

Why did you use his needle in the first place? That's what I want to know.

impulsivedumb
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

17 Feb 2011, 5:32 pm

I did amphetamine

Plywood
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Feb 2011, 7:45 am

These type of threads bring me down...go to a doctor.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:27 am

There's enough bad things happening in this world. We don't need threads like this.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:37 am

just google it or go to a doctor.

Janissy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 8:48 am

Go to a doctor. You need to be tested for Hepatitis C, HIV and anything else that can be transmitted by needles.

However, if you are injecting amphetamines, that's going to damage you a lot worse than Hepatitis. The damage that Hepatitis does is tiny compared to the damage that injecting amphetamine does.

Go to a doctor for testing. If you aren't yet addicted to the amphetamine, stop now and never do it again. If you are addicted, ask the doctor to get you into an addiction treatment program in addition to the testing.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 9:44 am

an apt username if I ever saw one.

How do you know it's contaminated?

Also, if I may: It's your own damn fault if you did contract something and you'd do well if all you get is Hep C. If you absolutely have to do that crap, why not smoke it instead of sticking a filthy needle in your arm?

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Feb 2011, 9:10 pm

snort it. but you should probably get tested, He probably shot up because it hits you faster
remain calm. i always think I have a STD after i have a sensual moment with someone
so I know how you feel

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

18 Feb 2011, 9:18 pm

Silly people doing silly things, how unusual.

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 9:22 pm

Don't flame the guy :roll:

I'd say its unlikely that you have hepatitis (at a guess), but do get tested. I guess that's what happens, although it is unfortunate.

Member of the WP Strident Atheists

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 9:49 pm

Oh my word... 8O

LittleFlower
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Feb 2011, 10:55 pm

impulsivedumb wrote:
I guess i have tried the hardest to forget that this has ever happened, but i did it a couple of years ago. A friend of mine who is Hepatatis C positive, let me lend his syringe one night. We boiled ( i have read that boiling can be even counterproductive )the syringe and i guess washed it also. I only did 1 injection, and i have never did this dumb thing again.

He is a regular user, and ofcourse he had used the syringe just before and during the whole weekend. I did a test 1-2 months after the injection and they found nothing in my blood, but ofcourse i should have done further tests later on. That is what i'm gonna do now.

1: I wonder, what '% do you think it is to aquire Hepatitis C by injecting an contiminated needle? ( i have read it is low %, but i don't know what to believe, considering so many drug addicts will aquire this disease so soon. Also, this syringe have had to be very contimated, because of my friends chronic injection frequency. )

2: Also, if i have it ( which i try to prepare mentally for, but i'm so scared... ) and i get a Chronic Liver infection, is it possible to get cured from the "chronic" liver infection, by curing the Hepatatis C? ( that is depending on genotype and if i'm able to get medication, i know ).

I'm from Europe by the way, and not any english speaking country, but i hope you understand most of what i'm saying. I would be so very happy if you could talk to me about this, because i'm so very afraid. I have been getting a hard time in life lately and a depression, so all bad things i have done in my past comes back to me with double strength right now.

I would suggest an AS site is not the place you are going to get your answers about the dangers of illicit drug use.

In fact, I find it surprising that people aren't allowed to swear here, yet are allowed to discuss illegal activities.

I suggest you contact an appropriate addiction agency in your area in regard to safe drug usage and the risks.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 10:57 pm

ryan93 wrote:
Don't flame the guy :roll:

I'd say its unlikely that you have hepatitis (at a guess), but do get tested. I guess that's what happens, although it is unfortunate.
Yes, please don't. None of us are perfect. He's asked for some help, not to for moral judgments. :roll:

Hep C can be cured sometimes. There's definitely treatment. It's best to see your doctor and be perfectly honest, since they're bound by the Hippocratic oath. ...Deep breaths if you are still feeling anxious... :(

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2011, 11:04 pm

WrongPlanet can be for all kinds of things and I applaud this member for reaching out and looking for help. Let's treat him with the respect and dignity we all deserve regardless of past mistakes.

eudaimonia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2011, 11:15 pm

hep c infection can take awhile to show up.. get tested again after 6 months since exposure.
if you eat well, drink lots of water, keep your body in good repair& boost up your immune system, you may be able to fight it off.
even if you don't, chronic hep c infection does not necessarily imply liver cirrhosis or any problems during your lifetime. if you plan to avoid alcohol abuse and keep up a healthy diet, chances are you'll be alright.