post something Quite Interesting..

Page 72 of 102 [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 69, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75 ... 102  Next

nat4200
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2012, 7:50 am

Redacted

Last edited by nat4200 on 21 Apr 2012, 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 8:21 am

Argh talk of joints and bones scares the little immovable one.. Lol
Thanks for sharing though :)
Have been stuck on a serious comedy binge and so have been slacking on the trivia of late..
Erm.tiny anecdote heard Jim jeffries (Aussie comic) tell the "is Ringo starr the best drummer in the world?" story and state that it was John that said he's not even the best drummer in the Beatles.. Though I'm almost certain that my Dad told me years ago that Paul said it... Either way I think the sentiment stands. ;)

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 11:36 am

Fudo wrote:
Also, is Garts a thread?

GARTS = Got Anything Random To Say.

Yes, it's a thread. Probably would have helped if I explained my abbreviations though.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 11:38 am

The quote"elementary, my dear Watson", often considered the most famous sherlock Holmes quote, has in fact never appeared in the canonical works of Conan Doyle.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2012, 2:30 pm

Like "me Tarzan, you Jane" not in the movie.. Both were mentioned in that episode. ;)
Re garts I got it a few mins after that post lol but had me wondering for a bit.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

07 Apr 2012, 1:32 pm

Had to go through a new benefit form today.. Aiming for 15 points in some newfangled system.
Not the kind of test one wants to ace, but I think I did.
This might seem off-topic to some, but clearly they be mistaken;)

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 5:59 am

www.qi.com says that QI is coming to Sweden soon.. Slowly but surely the elves are taking over :lol:

identity
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 6:37 am

Fudo wrote:
Had to go through a new benefit form today.. Aiming for 15 points in some newfangled system.
Not the kind of test one wants to ace, but I think I did.
This might seem off-topic to some, but clearly they be mistaken;)

Is that the ESA one?

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 1:01 pm

Not sure.. I'm so darn "special" I just answer the questions. Someone else fills it out.
I am currently on income support (with the severe disablement premium ) and DLA middle rate care and low rate for mobility.. So whatever one applies to those benefits.
Sorry I couldn't be clearer..

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:18 pm

Dear Fudo, 'Low rate for mobility' sounds like a discounted bus pass.
Their terminology is not clear.

Sylkat. :?

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 3:53 pm

If you wad up a sheet of ordinary copy or notebook paper over and over, about 20 times or so, it becomes soft enough to use as tissue.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:07 pm

Sylkat, that means I get paid the lowest rate of benefits for mobility paid by the disability living allowance. And I should be entitled to free bus travel all over the country, but haven't secured that yet and still pay full-price like a "mug" as we might say over here.

Shrox, I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to what you mean by wad up. My intuition says it's something to do with water though.. Am I close? :)

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:15 pm

Fudo wrote:
Sylkat, that means I get paid the lowest rate of benefits for mobility paid by the disability living allowance. And I should be entitled to free bus travel all over the country, but haven't secured that yet and still pay full-price like a "mug" as we might say over here.

Shrox, I'm afraid I'm at a loss as to what you mean by wad up. My intuition says it's something to do with water though.. Am I close? :)

Make into a ball.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 4:44 pm

Ah I see. Thanks lol I was way off.
Kinda sounds right though now I know :)

rabbitears
Veteran
Veteran

08 Apr 2012, 5:09 pm

Plesiosaurs gave birth to live young, as opposed to laying eggs, which is rare among reptiles.

This was proven by a well preserved specimen of Polycotylus, meaning, "much cupped vertebrae" due to the shape of it's vertebrae, and it lived in the late Cretaceous period. The specimen was found with a single foetus inside it, about 40% of it's size. It was found in the 1980s but only described in 2011. Gestation is believed to be about 2/3rds complete, based on findings from Nothosaurs, a relation to Plesiosaurs.

Until this discovery, many Palaeontologists believed that the Plesiosaurs would have laid their eggs on land, like a turtle, at least the smaller Plesiosaurs such as Cryptoclidus. There was debate on how the larger Plesiosaurs would have reproduced as they were too cumbersome and sluggish to risk dry land. They were simply not built for time spent on land. And the same goes for the smaller members of the Plesiosaur family.

Because Plesiosaurs gave birth to a single offspring at a time (at least in most cases) they would have undoubtedly have provided parental care for their child in order for it to reach maturity and survive and reproduce. Therefore Palaeontologists and biologists have suggested that Plesiosaurs' social lives and structures were much more similar to Dolphins and Whales than to other reptiles.

Icthyosaurs also gave birth to live young, as proven by a specimen of Opthalmosaurus, which had died during labour, and was preserved along with it's baby.

Parasaurolophuscolobus. Parasaurcolobus. Colobusaurolophus.
....And Nunchucks are my friends.