post something Quite Interesting..

Page 85 of 96 [ 1524 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 96  Next

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 9:18 am

And this thingummy from the same source "Stephen fry-50 not out" is quite gushing n all but quite interesting in it's way.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeEtkASadCI&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 5:01 pm

Sylkat wrote:
And when 'Fantasia' was first released, the critics hated it, and the movie was a flop.
Decades later, it was finally recognized as a masterpiece.

Sylkat

Walt invented stereophonic theater sound for that movie. Quite visionary.

Prof_Pretorius
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2012, 12:55 pm

Walt Disney was a chain cigarette smoker whose fingertips were permanently stained from nicotine. He kept a bottle of whiskey in his desk, but only sipped a little in the late afternoon. He had quite a temper, and sometimes fired animators because they had been with the company too long. He wanted Khrushchev to visit Disneyland when he came to to the USA in 1959, even though he was a true-blue capitalist who hated communism, because he thought it would give him (and Disneyland) worldwide free publicity.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2012, 4:20 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEb2Hqs5m-A&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

QI series J episode 2, with sue Perkins,Liza tarbuck and Jo brand.

treblecake
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2012, 9:51 am

There are no records of the name Wendy before Peter Pan was written.

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

22 Sep 2012, 10:14 am

^^ Debunked, I'm afraid...
It was certainly made more popular by the book, but did occur before its publication.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wendy (plus references at the end)

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 2:59 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPNtck9hcak&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/youtube]

QI XL series J episode 2.

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 8:30 am

Just for my own amusement, a quote.. Not really taken out of context as the only thing the guy said beforehand was 'i'm in'

"and if Fudo joins... there will be NO survivors... Some say he sleeps on UT3 game boxes glued together and has a redeemer shaped bathroom sink. Some say that he has flak cannon salt and pepper shakers Some say he has a pet spider mine. But.. all fear Fudo" darkrhythM

8)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2012, 9:21 am

i wanted to know how fast a person would be traveling, and the distance in KM they would have traveled if they were free falling at 9.8 mps with no resistance toward their destination, and i wanted that information updated every second, so i wrote a form that has a button called "begin", and since i wrote the program and executed it, i have traveled 131,000 km in 1hour, and i like to watch the incrementation of the distance travelled because it will reach exceptional values in a few hours.
i am not absorbed by anything other than my need to farm my time out in a smart way to those who need and want it, and if no one want's it, then i can have a spiritual holiday. and that occurs very often and i am very lucky.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 7:49 am

The famous "Falling Man" of 9/11 was the brother of one of The Village People (the one who wore the army uniform)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 8:58 am

blue_bean wrote:
The famous "Falling Man" of 9/11 was the brother of one of The Village People (the one who wore the army uniform)

that is an interesting piece of information. it would have taken him about 7 seconds (896 ft) to land. 7 seconds would be an eternity in the mind of someone flailing futilely in the air knowing that there is a fatal bang inevitably approaching.

i am not sure this is relevant but here is the screen of my little program that shows how a 1g acceleration results in velocity and distance in a vacuum over time

here is the simple code behind the "begin" button that populates the text boxes.

i am not sure that my reply is interesting

i ran the program last night and i left it on, and by the morning, the unrestricted distance travelled was 23 million km, and it is gently exponential, so i would think vast distances could be traversed over a few weeks if a constant 1G acceleration could be experienced by a vehicle that could "fall" toward some fabricated pseudo mass that always remains in the direction of the destination.

anyway it was a tired thought and one that is now slaked.

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2012, 11:39 am

The Aztecs practiced cannibalism.
Recent theories suggest that most sacrificial victims were butchered, following the heart and blood given to their deities, and the limbs then given to the royal and noble families to eat.
The heads were displayed publicly, possibly to show the power of the Aztec civilization.

Sylkat

Fudo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 1:43 am

Aztecs stole their pyramids didn't they, the ones to the sun and moon? It's early lol

For B9: as long as you find it interesting it's welcome here :)

Thanks folks for sharing, i've not been around too much but still check here.
Anyways I'm off into the wilderness again.
Also this day last year I got evicted, which was :( but today should be better.

Happy birthday, Tomasu. May Fudo bring you good fortune. :)

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2012, 3:19 pm

Star Trek debuted on 6 September 1966, and so did I :D .

Sylkat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2012, 12:14 am

Jeffrey Hunter was the original Starship Captain.

Sylkat

Last edited by Sylkat on 26 Sep 2012, 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Sep 2012, 12:17 am

I much prefer the Star Trek TV show to the movie they made a couple of years ago.