Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 7:43 pm

Hello friends
I retract all previous comments about humanity being awful. They just don't know any better. Bless them.

Sending you a cosmic hug to all my kindreds on this wrong planet :heart: :heart: :heart:

Mountain Goat
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 7:48 pm

Hugs back.

I ave had moments in time where I have not trusted anyone at all, but then I realized my Mum I could trust and went from there.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 8:13 pm

And hugs from me too ........ can relate to your feelings...thank you .

where ever you go ,there you are

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 8:18 pm

adromedanblackhole wrote:
Hello friends
I retract all previous comments about humanity being awful. They just don't know any better. Bless them.

Sending you a cosmic hug to all my kindreds on this wrong planet :heart: :heart: :heart:

Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do, sort of thing? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 8:20 pm

Mountain Goat wrote:
Hugs back.

I ave had moments in time where I have not trusted anyone at all, but then I realized my Mum I could trust and went from there.

It has been my experience that "Trust" is hard to come by. 8)

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 9:30 pm

Pepe wrote:
Hello friends

Forgive them, Lord, for they know not what they do, sort of thing? :scratch: :mrgreen:

Yeah more or less

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2020, 9:39 pm

Peas and hugs for everyone on WP. :mrgreen:

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 12:57 am

There's an upside-down frown. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 1:32 am

It is my strong belief that we have contradiction filters missing.

Most people go through life believing all sorts of contradictory nonsense at the same time, a bit like the Electric Monk in "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency". [If you haven't read this, give it a go, it is very Aspie orientated IMHO].

We can't do contradictions, so that instantly marks a large number of people out as hypocrites, liars and BS merchants.

I'm not sure that's really true. Yes some NTs are dreadful, but some Aspies are very puritanical too.

The world is a complicated place.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 4:51 am

Redd_Kross wrote:

Most people go through life believing all sorts of contradictory nonsense at the same time, a bit like the Electric Monk in "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency". [If you haven't read this, give it a go, it is very Aspie orientated IMHO].

We can't do contradictions, so that instantly marks a large number of people out as hypocrites, liars and BS merchants.

I'm not sure that's really true. Yes some NTs are dreadful, but some Aspies are very puritanical too.

I just want to love everybody
And humanity's not there yet
But it's okay they're trying

blazingstar
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 5:55 am

I try to find that of God (or good if you prefer) in everyone. :heart:

Thank you andromedanblackhole. What a great way to start the day!

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 6:01 am

Redd_Kross wrote:

I just want to love everybody
And humanity's not there yet
But it's okay they're trying

They are very trying, yes. :mrgreen:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 10:13 am

I haven't died of Corona.

adromedanblackhole
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 6:12 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Aside from this looking like it is smiling at us, is there another message we're supposed to read here?

Are all of these controls in Hz? It only says so for the first. In terms of Hz what does this equate to? More broadly speaking what am I looking at and what does it mean! lol

Never mind I'm asking Google

Answer: it is a pedal for an electric guitar. As the graphic states, made by Mesa, Five Band Boogie Graphic EQ pedal. THIS PEDAL HAS EQ!! ! Very considerate. Yeah each sliding control is in Hz. This appears to be a standard configuration in terms of the position of those sliders.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 9:54 pm

The Sound of Music will be coming on soon. One of my favourite movies.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2020, 10:03 pm

funeralxempire wrote:

Aside from this looking like it is smiling at us, is there another message we're supposed to read here?

Are all of these controls in Hz? It only says so for the first. In terms of Hz what does this equate to? More broadly speaking what am I looking at and what does it mean! lol

Never mind I'm asking Google

Answer: it is a pedal for an electric guitar. As the graphic states, made by Mesa, Five Band Boogie Graphic EQ pedal. THIS PEDAL HAS EQ!! ! Very considerate. Yeah each sliding control is in Hz. This appears to be a standard configuration in terms of the position of those sliders.

Yes, the sliders all are in Hz, it's the same EQ filter than Mesa Boogie Mark series amps have built in. That sorta smiley face setup is common with guys who play metal on those amps, since those amps have loads of mid-range they use the EQ to remove some of it to give the typical thrash metal guitar tone (think Master of Puppets by Metallica).

Personally I prefer more of a frowny face EQ like Slayer, but that guitar tone still makes me smile sometimes. :mrgreen:

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う