Post a random happy childhood memory.

Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 7:25 am

This thread is going to help me with my past. :)

I remember my first week in Kindergarten, getting to wear my new clothes, and getting to know my classmates. I also remember the different stations in the classroom. There was arts and crafts, housekeeping, music, and reading. We also had a little wooden adventure playground set up in the room. It was fun. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 3:41 pm

I have loads of happy childhood memories. I'll post just one to start with:

My brother and I played loads of games together. One of our favorites was one we made up called "Sing N' Swing". We sat on a bench swing (don't know what the formal name for it is) in our backyard and faced each other. Then we would take turns singing to each other. We were really young, so we didn't have CDs to listen to or the Internet to look up lyrics, so we would watch our VHS tapes of musical cartoon movies or especially Sing Alongs, over and over and copy the lyrics of the songs down on pieces of construction paper. We studied the lyrics and then we'd sing the songs during our next game. My favorite songs to sing were "Dreams to Dream" from Fievel Goes West and "If We Hold On Together" from The first Land Before Time movie.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 3:51 pm

My brothers and I used to think we were going on grand adventures in the field behind our house and the pine trees behind it. The trees were soooooo far away, it was like a foreign land.

I drove by our old house a few years ago, and the trees are not very far from the house at all. :lol:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

Junior school discos, that's my one favourite memory. I would do anything to go back in time and go to one of the school discos again.
My old street and playing with the other kids in my street. Especially the summer of 2003, that was the best summer ever. I went out in the street nearly everyday, and me and my 2 best friends at the time used to play a game where we were spies.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 4:30 pm

My grandma had a Super Nintendo and a bunch of video games at her house. My cousin and I (both being the same age) used to play those games all the time. Our favorite games to play were the Super Mario games.

I also remember, when I was a little older, playing Mario Party and Mario Kart on my Nintendo 64 with my friends, who lived behind me.

iwannabeadragon
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Mar 2011, 4:38 pm

When I was younger we lived in front of a used appliance store. When I was 7, a bunch of friends and I moved broken fridges and stoves across the back alley and made a fort out of them.

Or, when I was 12, a friend and I decided there was a murder that occurred in my Mom's apartment block. So we stalked this old man in our apartment and followed him to the corner store. "Spying" used to be a major obsession.

deadinhead
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 4:52 pm

when I first moved to the countryside (used to live in the capital city) I started a new school and was quite small at lunch times I ,for lack of anything better to do, used to crawl under the school's gastank concrete base and draw picture with chalk all cartoon charactors that popped into my head.I used to do this until I was discovered and banned from doing it as it was dangerous.I moved school soon after so I did not mind too much.

COCONUT-MOON TURTLE!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2011, 5:22 pm

I remember watching The Queen's Silver Jubilee on tv with my mum. It was one of my first memories. I was 2 or 3 at the time. Another happy memory. :)

scottmyers14
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2011, 11:07 pm

I remember on my birthday in the year 2002, December 12 and I remember getting the movie Dragonball Z The return of Cooler on VHS and also getting a action figure of battle damaged Super Saiyan Vegeta as seen on the movie. :)

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 3:37 am

I remember going out for walks with my mom when I was in elementary school and junior high. We'd walk around the North End of Boise, admiring all the beautiful plants, like vines growing around fences and massive tree roots of magnificent trees, which broke the sidewalks up.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 7:19 am

My family, my dad's friend and his son went to Play Land when I was 12. I went on each ride 3 times. :D

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 7:25 am

I had an electric train set on a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood, and I could sit for hours and watch it go around and around.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 7:40 am

I remember the very first time when I actually first started school, I thought it was scary at first since my mum wasn't there and it seemed weird having the teachers to look after me for the first time.

I loved my first teacher before she decided to leave, I remember it crying about it. I was such a young happy kid to come think of it. :D

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 7:53 am

Wet break times in year 6 were the best, I would hope for rain everyday so we can have break time in the classroom. We used to play musical statues, me and my friend played board games and someone would put pop music on.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 8:08 am

Not too many years ago, more in the beginning of my teens, when I went to Paris with my family. We had come out of a subway exit, walked up some steps, then right round the corner was, I couldn't believe it, the Eiffel Tower. It looked absolutely amazing, and it was far more enormous than I had ever imagined. We went all the way to the top of it. :D

I saw it once again last year, when we were kind of lost and ended up driving around the outskirts of Paris. I just saw the top of the tower.

Mackica
Veteran
Veteran

27 Mar 2011, 4:49 pm

Walking on the beach on San Juan Island,looking for stones and playing with driftwood.