Why an autistic teen’s death raises questions about police t

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

MuddRM
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2024, 12:58 am

From the Marshall project

Comments?

Don’t mind me, I’m in another fit of depression, and good luck finding a therapist, since there’s a massive shortage of even master’s level therapists here in PA (Locally, I have, so far, contacted Wellspan/Philhaven, University of Pittsburgh Medical Centers psychological, and Christian Counseling Associates, with no luck trying to find a Psychologist. I have yet to talk to Penn State Milton S. Hershey medical center (since Hershey is also Penn State school of Medicine, but from what I’m Hearing, thePACE center in Dauphin County,(which includes Harrisburg, the state Capitol of PA, and the Borough of Hershey, wher the Penn State School of medicine and the Milton S. Hershey Medical Center. I would try Temple University Medical Center and school of medicine, as well as the University of Pennsylvania Medical center and school of medicine, except this PACE program doesn’t operate in Philadelphia. If this program doesn’t operate in a specific city or county, PACE will not pay, since they do not have a contract with these institutions. I refuse to talk to a psychiatrist, since the last time I spoke to a psychiatrist, About 10 years ago, pumped me full of antipsychotics, and i nearly killed myself. My problem, at the time, wasn’t a chemical imbalance of the brain, (which, according to videos made by some prominent psychiatrists on YouTube, has been disproven and debunked) but the inability of this retired librarian/musician/computer geek to find meaningful work, other than delivering pizza. Since I only have Medicare and Medicaid (Which conned-gress, is again talking about cutting) and participate in a PACE program, which I am becoming more and more displeased with (primarily with the social worker in that office that services my account, even after I told her I was on the spectrum, and the former social worker for the government housing pushing I’m currently living in (which, until very recently, was so roach-infested that apartment management was about (and still might)evict me, since the former social worker for the apartment was recommending someone stay with me 5 days a week for 4 hours a day. The social worker at the PACE center can not and will not fulfil that request, mostly because of massive staff shortages.

The depression has gotten so bad I can’t sleep nights, and when I do attempt to get to sleep, it ends up being interrupted by frequent trips to the bathroom, no thanks to Chronic Kidney disease Stage 3b. If there were an alternative to this PACE program, I’d be dropping this outfit and signing up with them.

BillyTree
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

09 Apr 2024, 2:32 am

Something needs to be done. I think it's better to send people specialized in autism in these cases.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2024, 10:37 am

The body camera footage showed the boy chasing a police officer with a large bladed garden tool. It seems to me like the shooting was in self defense. It's kinda hard to protect yourself against a bladed weapon other than keeping your distance. Was the officer supposed to just keep running from the kid until the officer got wacked :?:

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Apr 2024, 12:39 pm

BillyTree wrote:
Something needs to be done. I think it's better to send people specialized in autism in these cases.
Lots of areas lack professionals who specialize in autism. Also lots of areas have a major funding shortage for mental health services. The government needs to start majorly investing in the poorest citizens instead of looking out for themselves & big buisness while throwing the poor & lower middle class under the bus in the process.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition