Where is somewhere you NEVER want to travel?

Page 5 of 5 [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 8:12 pm

Most places south of the historical Mason-Dixon line (in the US, at least) and north of Brazil/Peru :P

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 8:18 pm

North Korea and Banglidesh are the last places I want to be in.

ruveyn

SpaceProg
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Apr 2011, 12:15 am

Vigilans wrote:
Most places south of the historical Mason-Dixon line (in the US, at least)

Depends on where you go. Sometimes area to area seem as different as night and day.
Hills, lakes, rivers, streams, animals, and ancient tree-covered mountains and valleys are wonderful, especially during the Autumn and Spring. I say this as a current resident of NW GA for quite a few years. It still awes me.

Don't miss out because of silly stereotypes and pre-conceived prejudices. The people are okay too for the most part once you get to know them.

True there are a***holes, but those are everywhere, and the thing to do to see a place for how it truly could be and is, ideally, is to not give the time of day to the idiots and instead find the friendly people (of which there are a TON of, I can tell you that.)

Sorry to go off topic, but I feel bad when somebody misjudges an area that's really not all that much what it's stereotyped to be.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 7:05 am

SpaceProg wrote:
Sorry to go off topic, but I feel bad when somebody misjudges an area that's really not all that much what it's stereotyped to be.
:heart: :thumleft:
love this sentiment, actually.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:18 am

hyperlexian wrote:
SpaceProg wrote:

Me too. I feel pretty secure in my assumptions because an enormous amount of people = things I don't like. There's not enough landmarks for me to overcome my aversion, like with Paris. I wonder why someone put only Germany. I lived there for years during the 90's and it was a wonderful, beautiful place full of really nice people. :huh:

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:19 am

USA.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:19 am

Vigilans wrote:
Most places south of the historical Mason-Dixon line (in the US, at least) and north of Brazil/Peru :P

No Vigilans for me. :cry:

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 8:48 am

wefunction wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
SpaceProg wrote:

Me too. I feel pretty secure in my assumptions because an enormous amount of people = things I don't like. There's not enough landmarks for me to overcome my aversion, like with Paris. I wonder why someone put only Germany. I lived there for years during the 90's and it was a wonderful, beautiful place full of really nice people. :huh:

i reread the comment twice and i'm not sure anymore i know what he meant. i think he's talking about stereotypes being incorrect right? i shouldn't visit WP at 5:45 a.m. when i first wake up.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 9:04 am

hyperlexian wrote:
wefunction wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
SpaceProg wrote:

i reread the comment twice and i'm not sure anymore i know what he meant. i think he's talking about stereotypes being incorrect right? i shouldn't visit WP at 5:45 a.m. when i first wake up.

I read it how you read it.

FarqyTheIndolent
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:26 pm

Absolutely anywhere located closer to the equator than, say, Austria.
And that's just in the cooler months. :P In summer, I'm afraid I'm not prepared to travel anywhere further south than the Channel...

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:35 pm

Anywhere cold, like Antarctica.
Otherwise, I don't really know. Perhaps if there was a "Where would you like to travel" thread, I could answer better ;). Forgive me if there already is one of those.

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:42 pm

'Transdinistria'?

Kosovo?

Nagorno-Karabakh?

Chechnya?