My review of taking too much edibles a few days ago

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2022, 10:53 am

I am a 39 yo married male with 4 kids. I vape THC/CBD on a daily basis and am the primary breadwinner for the family.

The guy that has the connection for the vapes (not legal here yet) gave me a "Nerd Rope" for free a few weeks ago. I looked at it and thought it looked gross so I put it away. I have never taken edibles in 24 years of pot usage.

So, Sunday I was having a really bad day with the family. Not atypical bad, just the little kids were being extra annoying. Recently, they broke TWO of my laptop screens by accident. So, I was bummed I did not have a gaming laptop at the moment and it was a weekend.

I was drinking a few beers and then I went to the drawer, looked at it, and thought, "well, lets do this!" I took 1/4th of it, thinking it would be disgusting. It was a little, but not so bad. So I ate the rest.

I went outside to my wife who was with the kids and said "Ok, so I just ate an entire Nerd Rope."

My wife has never smoked pot and her only chemical usage was drinking 3 drinks when we got engaged. She threw up and decided never again. So, she goes, "whats a Nerd Rope?"

I explained that its an edible pot and I have no idea what I just did or why I really did it. I said I didn't know how it would affect me.

She seemed annoyed that she might have to handle the kids the rest of the day.

I sat down on the couch with her and the kids and we were watching NFL Football, but at that time of the day the games were blowouts. So she put on a show we were watching. My 2 yo daughter jumped on me with her ipad and started blasting kids stuff. It hit me around then that I found this incredibly too much stimulation all of the sudden.

I told my wife that I should probably go lie down for a little bit. She told me "you seem to be dumber in the past few minutes." I told her that she seemed dumber too. It was a bad attempt at a joke.

I was on the bed and it really started to feel like gravity got stronger and stronger. I would say I had slight anxiety - I wouldn't say a panic attack but I would say it was definitely not relaxing at that moment.

I was in the dark and it occurred to me I was a mortal being with a finite life. It seemed like a big deal all of the sudden where I was in the timeline of the universe - where my time started and where it might end and what I should do while I am here.

I was having a hard time moving. I have taken Oxycontin, Klonopin, and morphine in my distance past (not all at once) and I would say my body felt more like opiates whereas my mind felt like a stimulant.

Before it started ,I had turned off my phone and put it away so I would not text anyone anything I'd regret. I have an iPod Touch that I took with me so I turned on the NFL Redzone again and by that point, the blowouts got close again. I ended up watching the end of literally one of the best afternoons in NFL early reg season viewing history.

I think for a solid 2 hours I could not get out of bed. I did get out and go lie down on the couch with my older son while he watched kids stuff. I was on the iPod looking at Pizza Hut's website. I realized we had frozen pizza and texted my wife to pre heat the oven.

I went up there with significant difficulty as climbing the stairs was difficult - the bed I was on was downstairs so at this point I hadn't had to navigate stairs.

I got up there and she hadn't pre heated it, and she apologized. I told her I should have "circled back" with her and gotten a "rundown" of the situation after the text. While I was waiting for the oven to preheat, I started eating leftovers. I ended up eating almost all the leftovers before the pizza was done. I split the pizza with my kids and then didn't tell them I was eating a box of ice cream cones I had hidden in the freezer. I ate like 5 of them.

I was so full at that point - I ate beyond the point where my stomach was telling me to stop. I went and relaxed outside with some music, then a little later I went to sleep. I would say I felt mildly euphoric for most of the next day as well.

My wife suggested that next time, I take less. But, I am going to do it again this weekend, except this time I am going to remember my own advice. I have taken lots of LSD long ago in life and I am going to treat it more like an LSD/mushroom trip than smoking pot. The trick is to have some music playing quietly in the background while you take a shower in the initial ~30-40 mins or so until you get your bearings. My mistake was having it hit me in a living room full of kids who were all over me and that was just too much stimulation. However, later on I was in the same room and it was less of a problem. You need to get your thoughts back to reality as soon as possible and I've found once you can shake it a little, there is a lot of mind over matter.

I also want to not be as lazy next time and get walking. Even if its just outside in the backyard, my favorite thing is to listen to music on that stuff and I never really got to that properly because I was so taken aback by it at first.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 12:47 pm

I'd love to try some edibles.

stratozyck
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Sep 2022, 1:45 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'd love to try some edibles.

It definitely struck me how its basically a drug whereas smoking or vaping to me has an impact on me akin to coffee. Love smoking a little and drinking a cup of coffee before focusing on something.

The edibles - thats a different creature.

I would call it a life changing experience is that I now know what I want to do with the rest of my life. I'd love to make enough money to be able to take edibles on a regular basis. They are $$ and per hour of impact, vapes are probably the best bet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 3:23 pm

If I was a millionaire, I'd be baking edibles for everyone on WP who wants them.

enz
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 4:34 pm

“Kids watching kids stuff”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EKV2nSU8w&t=859s

Maybe have a look at that content

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:32 pm

enz wrote:
“Kids watching kids stuff”

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=v9EKV2nSU8w&t=859s

Maybe have a look at that content

The content in those videos is terrifying.

Worthless
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 8:41 pm

I am SOO jealous.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Sep 2022, 11:54 pm

I'm guessing that the point about edibles is that there's a very fine line.