Dumbasses trying to get you to break traffic laws

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 12:07 am

Today I was on the way picking up my husband from his parents/sister's house and I get off the highway. I wait at the red light at the exit and some dumbass behinds me honks at me (I think it was that person behind me that honked because I sure heard a honk) because I wasn't turning. Hello the light was red and I was turning left, not right and even though there were no cars coming, I was not going to turn on a red light. Rules are rules. So I just sat there and waited till the light was green.

Another time I was going to Walgreens and I had a green light but I was turning and there were cars coming at me and the car behind me honks. Sorry but I am not going to turn and cause the other drivers to slam on their breaks and crash into me because they didn't have the time to stop. I will turn when I feel comfortable and feel I have enough time to turn without having the other cars slamming on their breaks they crash into me or into each other by rear ending and have it be my fault because I caused the first person to slam on its breaks and I do not want to be a witness and lose my car if they do crash into me. I cannot afford another car.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 12:13 am

After reading your post, I'm glad that I don't drive. Similar drivers have tried to do the same things to my best friend.

dossa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 12:30 am

I hate it when people do things like that. I will be driving some place and following the laws and such and some moron honks at me like I am the jerk. What the hell... it makes no sense.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

25 Apr 2011, 12:44 am

I cant count how many times some idiot honks because the light JUST turned green and the green light had not yet entered into my mom's retina and because she is not drag racing at the exact moment the light turns green then they honk at us. How stupid are these people cause they are just going to get stuck behind a red light in 3 min. further down the road anyway :roll:

leauge girl...you just put a sticker on your bumper that says "honk if you think you are elvis" that should put a stop to that. They sell them at www.stickergiant.com

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 1:27 am

And I can't remember how many times I have had tailgaters when I was actually going the speed limit.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:58 am

I've that happened to me as well, just driving around town. Then I stopped on a red light waiting for it to turn green, when someone behind me honked their horn. I wasn't turing right, in fact I was going straight ahead. :evil: * people can just be too impaitent to wait at all. *

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 10:21 am

I hate that so much. I've been honked at because I didn't start to go when the light turned green because there were still cars in the intersection. What did they want me to do? Push a button and go into hover mode? One woman did that to me and kept honking for no reason and I lost it and had a screaming fit at her. I don't know how she would have heard me since I had the windows up, but after that she politely and quietly kept her distance behind me. :lol:

I was in an accident once because of that, at this crazy intersection where you merged onto a road with moving traffic on the other side. I pulled out because I felt rushed by the honking people and didn't see a car coming from the left. So naturally I'm even more hesitant after that. And when people lay on their horns in those cases, I just freeze up and can't move at all. I can't tell you how many times people have made rude gestures at me when all I was doing was not risking my life.

I really, really hate driving. I probably shouldn't even be doing it.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:46 am

Someone here in France got caught out recently. She'd stopped her car at red traffic lights and a fire engine came up behind her flashing its lights and sirens. As the road was clear she pulled forward a little past the lights to let the fire engine go past her through the red light. However, an automated camera flashed her moving through the lights and she got fined and points on her driving licence. The authorities wouldn't let her off despite the circumstances. So the moral is, even if people are burning to death in a building don't break any traffic laws to let a fire engine past, even if the road is clear! :roll:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:21 pm

Zen wrote:
I hate that so much. I've been honked at because I didn't start to go when the light turned green because there were still cars in the intersection. What did they want me to do? Push a button and go into hover mode? One woman did that to me and kept honking for no reason and I lost it and had a screaming fit at her. I don't know how she would have heard me since I had the windows up, but after that she politely and quietly kept her distance behind me. :lol:

I was in an accident once because of that, at this crazy intersection where you merged onto a road with moving traffic on the other side. I pulled out because I felt rushed by the honking people and didn't see a car coming from the left. So naturally I'm even more hesitant after that. And when people lay on their horns in those cases, I just freeze up and can't move at all. I can't tell you how many times people have made rude gestures at me when all I was doing was not risking my life.

I really, really hate driving. I probably shouldn't even be doing it.

I have called drivers as*holes and my husband says that is a form of road rage but they can't even hear me. That is hardly road rage.

Oh I was going to the WIC clinic this morning and then I stop because the car in front of me was stopped and the white cat behind me stops and then men in the front seats start waving their arms at me as if they were telling me to go. I just sat and waited thinking there was a line of cars in front of me. The white car behind me turns into the other lane and right as they do that, the car in front of me starts to move and I saw it was the green car in front of that car was turning. And guess what, I got ahead of that white car again so it was like them being impatient got them nowhere.

The lady behind you may have saw your body language and knew she got you mad. Maybe she thought you were some loon so she kept her distance :lol:

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 2:23 pm

TallyMan wrote:
Someone here in France got caught out recently. She'd stopped her car at red traffic lights and a fire engine came up behind her flashing its lights and sirens. As the road was clear she pulled forward a little past the lights to let the fire engine go past her through the red light. However, an automated camera flashed her moving through the lights and she got fined and points on her driving licence. The authorities wouldn't let her off despite the circumstances. So the moral is, even if people are burning to death in a building don't break any traffic laws to let a fire engine past, even if the road is clear! :roll:

Darn black and white thinkers.

bucephalus
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:28 pm

I've learned to pay no attention to people that may or may not honk behind. It's very difficult to ignore but as long as I'm in front I'm in charge, end of. Oh, and good to see you back Tallyman:)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 11:52 pm

And my parents wonder why i don't like driving 8)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 12:31 am

I'm amazed that they don't build flying cars yet. Those things would solve all the traffic problems that various cities around the world experience.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2011, 1:13 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I'm amazed that they don't build flying cars yet. Those things would solve all the traffic problems that various cities around the world experience.

Actually they had tried in the past when my dad was a kid but it didn't work out. Also if they existed, there be a lot more deaths. I would hate for a car to crash into my apartment from the roof because some dumbass was speeding and talking on his mobile phone and wasn't paying attention and he crashed into another car and bam down they went onto my apartment.