Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 4:42 am

i heard comedians say that one liners are all old and there are no new ones......

what do you call a italian suicide bomber.....rigatoni

b9
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2011, 9:35 am

danmac wrote:
i heard comedians say that one liners are all old and there are no new ones......

what do you call a italian suicide bomber.....rigatoni

i do not know what that means. why is it funny?

i can not concoct jokes easily. i do not really understand the nature of humor in the comedic sense.

when i read this thread i tried to think up some one line jokes, and i failed to achieve anything of quality.

Q: why did the irishman buy a reclining lounge chair to take with him on his nature walks?
A: because he knew it would be very hard work carrying it, and he therefore knew he would need it to rest on regularly during the hike.

another variant of the same joke

Q: why did the irishman buy an industrial sized fan and a car battery to take with him on summer hikes?
A: because he knew he would get very hot lugging it about with him, and he would need it to cool off often.

Q: why did the chicken cross the road?
A: because it was a multiple choice question and "the road" was the correct answer.

here is a joke i made up a few years ago that was the result of a conversation about "what is the mechanism of comedy ?" when i was asked to try to produce a joke.

Q: what is the similarity between having barely enough dinosaurs, and riding a horse for days?
A: you have no spare tire an' a sore arse. (that is just a play on words and is not funny to me but i calculated it in an attempt to recreate the comedy structure we were talking about).

some times i dream up seriously silly things to say when i am in the car going to a company that i program for. i plan to say those things in the tea room when there are key people there that i know will take me seriously.

an example is:

me: i rang directory assistance to find out the number for my bank and the operator i got was crazy.

other person: (questions me about what i mean)

me: she told me i should call "132", "032" !

other person: (questions what my problem is)

me: why would i call " 'one three two', 'O three two' ?????". "132" is "132" and it is not "032", so i will not call "132" "032".
that never really worked well as people did not ever see the humor in it. who cares anyway. i found it funny.

a very similar silly thought i had in belated conjunction with the one i stated above was ringing directory assistance to find out the number of directory assistance.

them: hello directory assistance.
me: yes. i want the number for directory assistance thanks.
them: this is directory assistance.
me: i am aware of that! i heard you the first time. now if i could have the number of directory assistance i would appreciate it.
them: but this IS directory assistance.
me: for gods sake then, why can you not give me the blasted number for directory assistance?

that did not really work in real life because people hang up much quicker than my plot permits.

i am not really interested in verbal humor much anyway,

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2011, 10:16 pm

How often does CockneyRebel like to spam The Kinks?

All Day And All Of The Night and nobody can stop me! :D