Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

NeonReggae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

06 Mar 2014, 12:15 am

Any of you guys skimboard? I live in Cali and I love to go out on the beach and glide across the shore line. It's a lot of fun and it puts me in this peaceful mood. I was wondering if any of you guys were familiar with the recreation or if you like to skimboard.

2wheels4ever
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 12:41 am

I've seen it and it looks like fun, I used to Boogie board (and once I rode an inner tube at The Wedge! Obviously before I found out later how lethal that spot is), I stopped going out after too many reports of stingrays and jellyfish, as well as a series of sewage closures

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

07 Mar 2014, 6:36 am

My cousin did some when we were in Cali last summer, but am way too awkward to do it myself.

NeonReggae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

08 Mar 2014, 12:55 pm

EzraS wrote:
My cousin did some when we were in Cali last summer, but am way too awkward to do it myself.

Yeah its very awkward when you start because people sure enjoy others painful failure when falling. It pays off when you learn how to finally skimboard and it's a lot of fun. :)

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 9:41 pm

Oh yeah! Skimboarding is a good time. There was a group of guys who would make skimboards and sell them around where I used to live... they would make boxes and rails and catch air and do grinds and all sorts of tricks. Fun to watch.

rocknrollslc
Veteran
Veteran

09 Mar 2014, 9:41 pm

Oh yeah! Skimboarding is a good time. There was a group of guys who would make skimboards and sell them around where I used to live... they would make boxes and rails and catch air and do grinds and all sorts of tricks. Fun to watch.