Full ambidexterity 1%  1%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 256

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

25 May 2006, 11:39 pm

I'm technically left-handed, as my left hand is more coordinated in regards to utensils and writing, though my right is a lot stronger, and is the hand which is trained how to use a mouse.

bt1978
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2006, 1:23 am

I'm right-handed for fine motor, left-handed for gross motor. I write, paint, use scissors, use a mouse with my right hand. But I throw balls, hold golf clubs and cricket bats, use a pool cue, etc. left-handed.

I kick footballs with my left foot as well.

I recently came across a photo of me with a pen in my hand at the age of 2 years and 5 months. My pen is in my right hand. My Mum tells me that when I first learnt to write at that age, I would hold it in my left hand, but my parents were right-handed so they put my pen in my right hand because that's what happened to left-handed kids when they were in school.

--BT

applesauce
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2006, 8:42 am

I was pretty much ambidextrous till I hit school. I don't remember, but my mother believes I was probably given the pen in the right hand and because i don't know my left from my right most days, I just accepted the feel of it and got on with it. I have no clue what hand I used to write my name and stuff with when I was in playgroup. Most of the other kids didn't write their own names, so it was more of a big deal to people that I did it rather than which hand I used.

I write with my right hand but can also write with my left hand, and I use both hands quite a lot. My father is left handed and my mother is right handed, so it could even be a genetic mix :)

Apple

kevv729
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 9:16 am

I am left-handed

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 May 2006, 1:00 pm

i found it weird when i was small people telling me that right hands are stronger than left hands or the other way round. because i never felt that way at all. when i started school i was taught to use the pencil in my right hand, but because i was such a pain in the bum at that age (i was told lol) i changed to writing with my left hand on purpose to annoy the teachers. i still prodominently write with my left hand now. i can play the drums left handed and right handed (the kit is set up up backwards for left handed players) although im more used to playing the right handed set up.
i can sign my signature with either hand and write with either hand as neatly as eachother... its just cos id got so used to using the left that that is where the pen usually ends up. i can also write backwards, as fast as i can normal way round.
ive done this a couple oftimes in dads birthday cards etc and he finds it fun to need a mirror to read it.. but i can read it wthout the mirror. also can write upside down and wrong way. heh :D so im ambi-bambi-dextrous lol

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 1:48 pm

I'm the rare breed here, right handed!

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 4:47 pm

i can write with both hands easily but its a little easier with my right.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 4:51 pm

I'm naturally a left hander but I can just about write with my right hand as well as I broke my left arm when I was younger and so had to learn to write right handed.

Deus_ex_machina
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2006, 6:05 pm

I am indeed right handed 8)

"They do, but what do you think is on the radio? Meat sounds. You know how when you slap or flap meat, it makes a noise? They talk by flapping their meat at each other. They can even sing by squirting air through their meat." - Terry Bisson

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 May 2006, 6:59 pm

I'm stictly right handed

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2006, 2:51 am

I'm mostly right handed but I always use scissors with my left hand. I can play sports such as tennis and badminton using either hands.

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2006, 11:28 am

Im right handed.

McCartney
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 May 2006, 3:22 pm

bt1978 wrote:
I'm right-handed for fine motor, left-handed for gross motor. I write, paint, use scissors, use a mouse with my right hand. But I throw balls, hold golf clubs and cricket bats, use a pool cue, etc. left-handed.

I kick footballs with my left foot as well.

I recently came across a photo of me with a pen in my hand at the age of 2 years and 5 months. My pen is in my right hand. My Mum tells me that when I first learnt to write at that age, I would hold it in my left hand, but my parents were right-handed so they put my pen in my right hand because that's what happened to left-handed kids when they were in school.

--BT

Yeah, parents thought it related to witchcraft back then, left-handedness.

My favorite messageboard, Paradise City:
www.rocknrollforum.proboards49.com

"We fight, we f*ck, it's in our nature to have desires."

pi_woman
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

02 Jun 2006, 1:48 pm

I'm predominantly right-handed, but for the past ten years have been mousing with my left due to chronic tendinitis on the right. I had already developed some ambidexterity from early (pre-Windows) AutoCAD, which required using one hand for the keyboard and the other hand for a digitizer tablet. So when I switched to the left it didn't take too much time to adjust, although I noticed that I seemed to more in touch with my creativity-- left-brain/right-brain rewiring? Has anyone else had similar experiences?

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2006, 9:40 pm

I am totally left-handed

lae
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jun 2006, 10:28 pm

I started out a lefty but they made me learn to write and cut with my right, in school. I do everything else left handed because it feels right.