CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2006, 11:43 pm

Mine is the Union Flag.

TheMachine1
Veteran
Veteran

Location: 9099 will be my last post...what the hell 9011 will be.

14 Aug 2006, 11:46 pm

The State Flag of Texas baby!! !! !! !! !! !! !!

Breanainn
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Aug 2006, 1:08 am

Libya's for simplicity (it's just green, the Prophet Mohammed's favourate colour apparently) South Africa's for fitting in as many colours as they could manage (6) and maybe Japan's for best reprenting the nation's own name (Land of the Rising Sun).

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 3:12 am

Mine is the danish flag, Dannebrog, because it's the oldest flag, the first flag to ever represent a nation. According to legend it fell from the sky during a battle between the danes and someone else in balticum, and help the danes to victory.

My second choise would be the brassilian, I like the colours and design.

MD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2006, 8:43 am

This one's easy. The Stars and Stripes, hands down. Though, of course as an Aspy who knows too much everything that isn't important, I prefer the 1776 with the 13 stars.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 9:41 am

I also like the American Flag, as well. Especially since 9/11.

Captain_Brown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 9:54 am

My favorite flags are the Virgina State Flag and the American Flag. The reason why these are my favorite flags is because I live in the state of Virginia in the USA.

juliekitty
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 10:17 am

Oh, come ON. The Canadian flag is clearly superior in design to all others. ;)

MD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2006, 10:44 am

I have to also add that Sri Lanka has one of the most interesting flags. I don't know what the story is with the lion and the sword.

It's interesting what designs have been picked up by certain regions. In Europe, countries from Ireland to France to Russia all have chosen variants on the three stripes formula. The countries/areas with a history of Arab nationalism, like Syria, Iraq and the Palestinian territories, have all chosen variants on the black, red, white, and green design.

MD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2006, 10:45 am

I have to also add that Sri Lanka has one of the most interesting flags. I don't know what the story is with the lion and the sword.

It's interesting what designs have been picked up by certain regions. In Europe, countries from Ireland to France to Russia all have chosen variants on the three stripes formula. The countries/areas with a history of Arab nationalism, like Syria, Iraq and the Palestinian territories, have all chosen variants on the black, red, white, and green design.

MD
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

15 Aug 2006, 10:48 am

waterdogs
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 11:40 am

i like the swedish flag. my family is origionally from there and its just a wonderful country. i want to live there!

Rhisiart_Steffan
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 12:14 pm

The Welsh flag!

Pharmacy Techican is not the pharmacist

donkey
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 12:33 pm

whenever i run out of toilet paper i always wish for a new zealand flag.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2006, 2:46 pm

Int'l: United Kingdom, Malaysia, South Korea, Australia, United States, Brazil, Cape Verde,
US: Alaska, California, Maryland, New York, Pennsylvania, Utah
Canada: Ontario
(Edit: Austria: Tyrol)

Strictly on what caught my eye looking through a flag book here. I am not big on tricolours (probably because of the lack of them here in the states).

drummer_girl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

15 Aug 2006, 3:23 pm

hehe well im sure ppl have seen me in the chat room... my obsession has moved from my drums a bit.. i still love them and that but the intense obsession i once hadwith them has moved... now to the flag of the united states of america.

theres 3 reasons... 1 : i absolutely adore america. its the most fantastic place ever and the people whom ive met who live there are fantastic aswell.
2 i like the geometric shapes and the pattern that the stars form and the stripes and just everything like that
3 the colours. the same as my own flag - the union jack. but the unipon jack doesnt have nearly the same effect on me that the american one does. i just feel so hapy to hold an american flag.

heres a picture that Mork took of me when i was on my webcam last night.