Ever have a "Michigan J. Frog" Situation?

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

09 Nov 2015, 1:24 pm

Michigan J. Frog is the frog from this Looney Tune:

You, know, he has a fabulous, unbelievable act, which he WILL NOT do in front of anyone but you. So no one believes you and when you try to tell anyone about it, and you look like a fool?

I guess my toddler is like suspicious of new people and doesn't want to do tricks for them, because whenever I tell anyone he's a genius or even bright, I come away looking foolish and like he's possibly slow.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 1:40 pm

According to what I've read, this happens to parents of small children all the time. Like when their babies start talking and making sounds, the parents eagerly want other adults to hear them. Then the kids seal their mouths shut like they're captured spies. :)

SocOfAutism
Veteran
Veteran

12 Nov 2015, 5:36 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
According to what I've read, this happens to parents of small children all the time. Like when their babies start talking and making sounds, the parents eagerly want other adults to hear them. Then the kids seal their mouths shut like they're captured spies. :)

Really? I'm the only one of my friends with a kid so I guess I'm a little behind. Glad it's not just me!