Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2011, 11:04 am

I can say i am in theory but not in action.I washed some copied music CD's branded Taiyo Yuden Premium Silver with waster asnd dish soap and i let it in the sun to dry and not dried them with a towel.So 2 Cd's got soap residue and now i had to throw them and i feel a bit sad.Even though they are copy.Another reason i feel sad it is because i have now to take the original cd's from the cd case in which i keep them there to stay pristine.I feel sorry for 3 dollars.

Last edited by JohnyJohn on 12 Jun 2011, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

12 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

I hate wastefulness, but it sounds like you were trying to conserve, which is a good motive. Just a mistake in cleaning CDs... A simple mistake.

Waste would be copying CDs, and just leaving them lying around and forgetting to label them, or not bothering to look for them before burning new copies, etc.

As far as being economical-minded, I do care about things like keeping the electric bill down by turning off lights & stuff I'm not actively using, but on the other hand, I do like to go for a Sunday drive in a 15,000 pound truck for no reason, and I like vehicles with huge, gas(or Diesel)-guzzling engines. Even my motorcycles get terrible gas mileage, but I chose to own them for reasons other than economy.

Charles

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2011, 11:19 am

The thing is i do the same.I go with the car at least 200 km's per day just to listen to music,i feel sorry for the money,if you think about it logically too i may have a problem in the future if i keep spending money like that,but i still go.Also the Cd's made me sad even though they were copies,i don't know why that much,but i feel it.But when it comes to brand new things,especially with value,i want them to stay pristine,totally brand new.

p.s. I never listen to my original cd's,i have them just for collection.I buy them,copy them to the high quality Taiyo Yuden gold ultra or Mam-a which are brilliant,bring them(originals) inside the case and listen to the copies.They find me weird but i don't care.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jun 2011, 12:31 pm

Economy stands as the only as I've ever gotten a 'D' in. So, no. I am not a materialistic person, and this is part of why I lack the interest to attempt to fully understand the study of Economy.

JohnyJohn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

12 Jun 2011, 2:31 pm

See my example.I ordered things from IHERB and i worry for taxes,while i don't see how much i spent for gas for the car in which i go unnecessary walks.I mean it's more illogical the money i spent on car walks that the money i may spend on tax for the Iherb order.Also i lost 30 dollars today.What do you think?