Yes 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
No 22%  22%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 9

gallimaufry
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jun 2011, 5:38 pm

Have you ever acted out your dreams?

I have mistakenly hit my boyfriend, thinking that I was defending myself against monsters attacking.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:47 pm

ohyeah, sleepwalker here.

i once dreamt my alarm clock went off and i was late (exciting i know) and got up in my sleep and started to get my school uniform on, woke up half way through and stood for ages wondering why i was in the middle of my room at 4am with clothes over my pyjamas.

another time i woke up with the printer ink cartridge in bed with me...must've been dreaming that it ran out?

it only happens with mundane things that i do fairly regularly i think. luckily not crazy dreams where i'm jumping from the window to escape a ravaging fire or something.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2011, 6:48 pm

Years ago I woke up fully dressed even though I'd gone to bed in my underwear only.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

25 Jun 2011, 5:42 am

You guys heard the joke that someone dreams they're eating a giant marshmallow & their pillow is gone when they wake-up? I would probably eat mine if I ever did have that dream because I kiss my pillow when I have kissing dreams. I know I do it because there's drool on it & I have a nasty taste in my mouth. I really need to sleep with a girl(I mean sleep literally)

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:09 pm

As far as I know, I do not move in my dreams. Sometimes I doze off in the living room and have such vivid dreams, that when I wake up, I actually think I did act it out. People always tell me I don't though. I do jump in my spot when I have one of those falling dreams though. I jolt myself awake. I have one of those at least once every two weeks.

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jun 2011, 2:32 pm

I've had lucid dreams before, not vivid in the sense that I actually moved around outside the dreams.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jun 2011, 2:29 am

I have a couple of times. In 2001 or 2002, I woke up with my head at the foot end of the bed, and the rest of my body perpendicular to the bed. I have no idea what I was dreaming but I obviously got up, sort of. I had scraped my knee and thigh and bruised myself real good, and due to how I was lying, I ached. I felt completely disoriented.

The other time was in Jan or Feb 2002. I was sick (not sure if it was cold or flu) and had a fever. I was sleeping in my room with my door closed. I was dreaming that I was on a ship. IRL my mother came in and checked on my state of being. Upon leaving, she couldn’t get the door closed because a blanket had somewhat slid down on the floor, so she threw the end on the bed, over my legs. In my dream, to my horror, something grabbed my legs and pulled me down through the deck. I thought it was a tentacle monster (IDK if I meant octopus or squid, but tentacle monster was what the word I thought in my dream). I sort of woke up in time to see my mother close the door, only I didn’t see her, I just saw something leaving. Without thinking, I jumped up and opened the door in time to see her enter the bathroom, I still just saw something and thought of the tentacle monster and ran after her. I put my hand in the door as if I was wielding a weapon, and she said that I looked wild, at which point I woke up completely and noticed what I was doing and felt confused and embarrassed. IDK if the fever contributed. I have never taken that long to wake up before before.

A few times I have woken up to find myself unable to stop a movement, like putting my hand down (once that meant hurting my thumb against the commode next to the bed), but nothing too big.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:38 pm

The other day I dreamed that I was jumping off of a curb or something and I literally jumped in my sleep....and woke up. :lol:

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:11 pm

Last time I was at rabbitear's house I sleeptalked while a dream was about to end. In the dream my mum was making some sort of food item and I asked "are there any more tins of beans?" And rabbitears heard me say a load of gibberish and then "beans".

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:14 pm

Once, as a child, I had a dream I was peeing - when I woke up, it turned out peeing wasn't the matter of only the dream reality 8O

whiterat
Toucan
Toucan

09 Aug 2011, 1:17 pm

Usually this happens to me when I am being bullied in my dream. I had one of those just this morning and woke up shouting and crying, "I hate you!"

Which is what I would love to do in reality, but can't.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Aug 2011, 1:26 pm

Once I had aream that I was on fire, and I was doing the whole stop, drop, and roll thing. I woke up when I hit my head on my night stand. My sister (who had watched me the whole time) said I fell off my bed and rolled on the floor, half screaming the word "fire".

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Aug 2011, 2:33 pm

Yes. Don't know how often, but yes.

I had a dream that someone hit me in the chest, and when I woke up, I was on the ground. Or I find myself landing on some object in my room causing me to wake up. I've got to stop having dreams that involve me moving....

I've talked in my sleep too, and talked about random things, according to my family members.