Why do men hate super short hair on women?

Page 2 of 5 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:20 pm

I don't. I love short hair.

I think it has to do with looking like a guy to other guys or something.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:54 am

Spazzergasm wrote:
Reasons? So far the ones I've heard are really ridiculous. Such as a woman who has short hair shows she's as lazy as a guy who refuses to get a job. What the hell?

I cut mine very short today, so I was just wondering.

Hair is apparently like tree rings; it indicates periods of health and ill health. Longer hair gives a longer record.

Maybe you're hiding something :P

I think your hair really suits you.

pree10shun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:44 am

I had really short hair till 13 years of age. my ex who I had known since childhood liked really short hair and told me he was attracted to me because of my short hair.
All the guys I've asked say it depends on how a woman looks with short hair.

Quote:
think women with pixie crops look lovely, esp' emma watson whoever said she looked hideous, i wish i was pretty enough to pull it off.

Emma Watsons said she did that to keep a low profile while in school sort of like de-glaming herself. I find people with long hair more glamorous so I don;t like her pixie cut.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:22 am

I very, very much prefer long hair.

Solvejg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:43 am

i think longer hair is sexier. on guys and gals.

i am not a guy so my opinion probably doesn't count although i bat for both teams.

So I'm never in a rush

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:06 am

I'm interested in all your responses.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

I'm totally undecided on whether to get my hair cut short again or grow it long again.

I was gonna shave it all off to a no.5 at one stage. Even bought the electric clippers and everything :P

spongy
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 10:02 am

I think it depends on the girl in question. Some look better with short hair and some look better with longer hair. Your avatar looks good to me but your older pictures looked amazing as well, the important thing is if you are comfortable with your new haircut.

Someone has already brough up that natalie portman looked fine in v for vendetta and while I not into haircuts that are that short I cant deny that she looked amazing because she is a confident lady that can pull of almost anything.

Meg ryan for example doesnt look that well with longer hair. Perhaps its because Im too used to seeing her as kathleen kelly her haircut hasnt changed that much but it looks a little bit off to me.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 10:05 am

blue_bean wrote:
I was gonna shave it all off to a no.5 at one stage. Even bought the electric clippers and everything :P

What made you change your mind?

blueroses
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 2:15 pm

OP, I think your hair looks great!

I thought I'd add to the conversation responses to a similar thread I started recently when I got my hair cut short, too. A few of the reponses were kind of funny and I appreciated everyone's candor.

http://www.wrongplanet.net/postp3815908 ... t=#3815908

I think that on women who have the right proportions and facial features, short hair can look v. chic. Typically, women who are average to petite, have a long neck and certain types of bone structure can pull it off. Personally, I like mine a lot, but am starting to let it grow because the style I have now is actually more high-maintenance to style than when I was wearing it longer.

LuckyLeft
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

24 Jul 2011, 6:06 pm

Some people look better with longer hair, some look better with shorter hair, because each can accentuate (or conceal) facial features.

At the OP, the short hair is a very good look for you, and it's a sad generalization that most men aren't interested with females with shorter hair, but it's seems to be true.....

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

OP, I love your hair.

I, myself, have always wanted a pixie cut. When I've slimmed down enough so it would compliment my face more, I might do it.
But then I enjoy giving society the middle finger in as many ways as I possibly-can. :twisted:

to his Interest."

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

While (very) short hair is FAR from being a deal-breaker, for some reason it tends to convey the impression of romantic unavailability to me.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:10 pm

Thanks. :)

Look forward to it, it feels really neat :)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:18 pm

Spazzer, I like your avatar. The hair style is very Enya-esque, and Enya is my most favorite composer / keyboardist / vocalist ever!

Maybe it's the smile, because I usually like longer hair styles on women, but for some the shorter styles just seem to work.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:58 pm

The romantic unavailability thing seems so strange to me. I am far from unavailable. XD I don't see how it could convey that. :S