Page 1 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

I also posted this in the adolescent forum since i always like to get help from people my own age along with people who are more experienced. Physical education, just for those of you who are not in the U.S, since it has several names in different countries. (and its ok to laugh at this dont worry im not gonna be upset) every time i go to kick a soccerball some 4ft 80 pound toothpick gets in my way, and i end up kicking them in a bad spot, and then they get mad at me, and i tell them "well maybe if u got a growth spurt i would see you better" , or how about when i go to kick a ball i somehow end up standing on it, literally im on top of the ball and i roll down face down, of course basketball and football are just as bad since i cant catch worth crap lol.(ok you can stop laughing now lol its time to get serious) i just get so upset when gym comes around, because im really insecure about being wrong in other peoples eyes and not doing things correctly, and its gotten to the point where ill flip out on people when they didnt even do anything my whole body will start shivering when its my turn to kick a ball or catch a ball or hit a ball with a baseball bat. do any of you feel the same way or have advice to help me feel a little better when im in gym, cause i could sure use it :)

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:06 am

Become a fast runner. Then when someone says you are non-athletic you can challenge them to a race.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2011, 1:10 am

chrissyrun wrote:
Become a fast runner. Then when someone says you are non-athletic you can challenge them to a race.

that cracked me up :D , ive noticed you really like to run, btw how did you do at that race you told me about a long time ago when i joined in may?

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 4:04 am

I'm not athletic, either, but when hitting a ball, it helps not to think about it too hard, for me at least. Maybe give that a try? Also, it helps to look where you want to kick the soccer ball, instead of watching your foot kick the ball.

Just relax about it, and try not to get mad at people. If you hit them with the ball, just say you're sorry! As long as you're not mean, they should understand that PE just isn't your forte.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 4:17 am

It is P.E / Physical Education in the UK too.

I was absolutely god-awful at it at school. I don't actually think I even have a grade for it, because I forgot to get my thingy signed by the P.E teacher. I dreaded the sickening moments like when it was my turn to hit the ball in softball.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:11 am

Quote:
I DO NOT WANT TO GO TO P.E

Nor did I. You'll live.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:13 am

I was terrible and hated it. Mercifully I didn't have to do it eventually, I guess they sort of gave up :lol:

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Jul 2011, 8:30 am

I'm not atlethic but I can sure run even though I sit alot at my desk and also hit a ball in softball pretty well :)
But when it comes to soccer... I can kick the ball okay but I still suck at playing soccer but who the hell wants to play soccer in the first place? :twisted:

Irulan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:39 am

Fake an illness which will get you a sick leave, what do you think? Tell your parents after every P.E. class you took, you have a heart ache and that's due to the strain.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

I always sucked at P.E. I was only known for two things. In soccer I was the "head-butt guy" and in baseball I was the "killer". In soccer the only thing I was good at was head-butting a high flying ball. Thats it. OR, that thing where your team kicks the ball onto the field as far as they can...I was really good at that. I usually kicked it all the way to the other goal. In baseball I rarely hit the ball but when I did it was always a home run. The other kids always used to yell "don't kill the ball" so naturally they started calling me Killer, which I liked.

Maybe try and get a doctors note saying you have a condition that prevent you from participating in P.E.? Thats my best advice. I tried to get out of P.E. as well but failed. In high school I just became a jerk and told the coach that I strait up wasn't going to participate. Naturally you'll get an F if you do that :wink:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 9:12 am

I also hated PE. The kids in my class thought I was slow, I was always the last one picked to go on a team and I wasn't very athletic. I was happy in Grade 11 when I didn't have to take it anymore.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 9:15 am

I hated gym class too-I couldn't do anything well and I was a big kid and the thing I hated was getting dressed for gym-I hated that I was very shy about getting undressed with others.I did like archery though and was pretty accurate but that was it I had the same problem with a soccer ball but because of my size I made a good anchor person in a tug of war.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2011, 10:38 am

Well thanks guys sounds like im not the only one, i saw a lot of good advice on here as well and ill definitely remember what everyone told me, thanks again :)

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

Radiofixr wrote:
I hated gym class too-I couldn't do anything well and I was a big kid and the thing I hated was getting dressed for gym-I hated that I was very shy about getting undressed with others.I did like archery though and was pretty accurate but that was it I had the same problem with a soccer ball but because of my size I made a good anchor person in a tug of war.

Mmm....I forgot about that part. I used to just throw my P.E. shirt over my regular one and then waste enough time until most of the locker room emptied out and then I'd quickly take my pants off and put the shorts on. Or I'd just get their extra early before everyone else.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 12:06 pm

OMG I did the same thing too.

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 1:13 pm

My friend hooked up with the PE teacher when we were in 7th grade, so we never had to do anything and got As. =) Pretty creepy when I think of it, but was the coolest thing back then.