Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 113 of 1998 [ 31963 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 110, 111, 112, 113, 114, 115, 116 ... 1998  Next

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:25 am

i went to a troops out of afganistan rally and the organisers proposed we lay a wreath for all the war dead on the war memorial. the rsl said no. why? because it was for all the war dead. including those who the allied forces had killed. but you know, they dont matter. they are brown skins, the enemy & it would be admitting the government and army have made many mistakes in this war.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 9:42 am

Still being in this world

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 11:55 am

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
Headache.
I hope it goes away soon, Makayla.

I have a lot of work to do today.

Your Aspie score: 167 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 35 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:28 pm

Getting a call from my children's school saying that they have been exposed to viral meningitis because some f*cking sh*t for brains didn't get their child vaccinated!! !! :!: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:35 pm

Today is just one of those days. :?

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:39 pm

Up until Thursday, I had managed to avoid the yearly plague that is the inevitable change-of-season allergies that have tormented me my entire life. I had managed to avoid it this year, because this summer I figured out that I'm casein intolerant, and that seemed to fix everything that has ever been physically wrong with me, including skin problems and allergies. Well, Thursday there was free food after this conference I went to. I had decided I would take a chance with the hamburger bun. But without thinking I also ate a cookie. I didn't think about it because the vegan cafeteria I usually eat at has cookies all the time, so I kinda forgot that regular cookies are not ok. I realized just about as I was swallowing the last bite :x So, exactly 8 hours later, the gastrointestinal symptoms no one wants to know about showed up, and about that same time I realized my throat was starting to hurt. That night my lips were all chapped. Now today, I can't breathe through my nose, my eyes are all watery and puffed up, my throat really hurts, my sinuses feel like they're going to push my teeth out of my head, and my lips are peeling and chapped. And I ask myself: WAS IT WORTH IT FOR A DAMN COOKIE?!?!?!?!? No, no it was not :evil:
Also I realize you could say that this was just a big temporal coincidence, but that seems highly unlikely to me, because the skin and stomach issues I know are related to food intolerance from other dietary slip-ups, and it makes sense that the allergies would also be related, seeing as they started affecting everyone else who gets them at least a month ago around here, but they didn't get me until I did something to freak out my immune system.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 2:41 pm

i want a caramel bar and they're all the way downstairs. why do i deserve this

techstepgenr8tion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 3:44 pm

I just found out that my martial arts instructor has been badmouthing me a lot behind my back. Seems like it revolves around a sweating issue I have, that I've gotten barbs and jokes about before. Just went and spent $130 to get shoes, extra change of clothes, etc. - the class is cheap and quite honestly, while I'd rather be friends with the guy I can just as easily be a sycophant if that's what it has to be.

Not horridly down in the dumps but - annoyed? Definitely.

“Love takes off the masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within. I use the word "love" here not merely in the personal sense but as a state of being, or a state of grace - not in the infantile American sense of being made happy but in the tough and universal sense of quest and daring and growth.” - James Baldwin

emlion
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 4:08 pm

blah. that. D:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 5:00 pm

I forgot to buy a pumpkin pie for dessert. :roll:

I was talking about it with my friends all week. I was going to buy a pumpkin pie to bring to tonight's Thanksgiving dinner. :roll:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 9:56 pm

Housework sucks! :x

mvaughn32
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

08 Oct 2011, 10:11 pm

House and job hunting sucks! Well, not normally, but in Joplin, Missouri, house hunting is a huge chore these days with thousands of houses wiped out in May. Ugh!

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 10:27 pm

Job hunting is murdering me. Its sooo boring.
Seems like it the only thing I do anymore. I should just give up and go live under a bridge somewhere. Money is overrated.
Or I should just marry rich. Or steal stuff. Or rob a bank. Or grow my own food, and just give up on society.

Or job hunt some more... :roll: Urg.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

08 Oct 2011, 10:30 pm

I didn't finish any of my homework yet.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

09 Oct 2011, 1:42 am

I should really stop watching Ghost Whisperer before bed. :lol:

Taupey
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:46 am

More unpacking and organizing to do today... when does it end.