Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 494 of 2000 [ 31986 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 491, 492, 493, 494, 495, 496, 497 ... 2000  Next

BlueMax
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 4:06 am

Kids didn't call today... got me in a funk and I didn't do a damned thing. :(

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 9:04 am

My internet is slow.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2013, 11:04 am

@PrncssAlay: I totally understand what you mean by "cluelessness". Part of my anger is toward this woman's thoughtlessness, total lack of sense of privacy/confidentiality and lack of professionalism. I really cannot understand how someone in her position cannot know such a simple thing.

I'm still very angry. This anger comes and goes. Hopefully it will eventually go away completely. Or maybe I have to lodge a formal complaint.

Amberlena
Toucan
Toucan

18 May 2013, 7:22 pm

I got dehydrated again.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 1:06 am

Can't sleep, can't sleep, can't sleep. At least I don't have to be up too early.

Uprising
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 3:55 am

Hearing an occasional (+- 3 times a day) clicking sound coming from the laptop, time to say goodbye to the hard drive, backed everything up because I'm pretty sure it's what I think it is...

Persevero
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 May 2013, 7:10 am

http://blogs.discovery.com/animal_news/ ... world.html

I don't recommend reading if you're prone to depressive moods.

PrncssAlay
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 May 2013, 7:45 am

jk1 wrote:
I really cannot understand how someone in her position cannot know such a simple thing.

Not knowing and not caring are two different things, and I think that's what instantly made me so furious. I suddenly realized that my supervisor simply didn't CARE about us in her department. Silly me to imagine she might have in the first place.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 1:13 pm

My stomach is sore.

metaldanielle
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2013, 2:20 pm

There's a wasp in my house, and I have a phobia of insects, particularly flying stinging ones. Luckily it's staying on the ceiling, which is pretty high.

It's 90 degrees outside, and insanely sunny, but I can't go swimming cuz my pool isn't open.

I missed one of my favorite cousin's graduation because of my UC.

My BF's phone went to voicemail when I called him.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:37 am

Wedding planning.

I'm 5500+ miles away from my partner and from where I'll be getting married - I have no date to work with until documents come through, no budget to work to, and of course being so far away I have no idea where to buy things or how much they'll cost. I want it all planned NOW but instead I'm stuck unable to plan anything, I don't like being stuck like this in limbo.

I can't get anyone to give me the information I need - I don't even know what information I need. Venue gives me an amount but no information about what it includes, it's also a huge cost so not even sure it's doable but then I love the idea of getting married there. When I email vendors or wedding planners I'm very clear in what I want and what I'm asking but rather then estimated costs I just get questions back, they expect me to give them a date, or worse vendors insisting I don't want what I ask for. I just don't know how to communicate with these people to get the information I need to plan a wedding, I don't understand why people can't answer questions or do as asked.

American's are like rainbow covered carebears on crack...customer service seems to include vomiting rainbows on you. Things like weddings are inherently girly things so when you contact vendors you get 'OMG I'm so happy for you...tell me like all about your dress...you must be so happy....we're so excited for you...blah blah blah' so added American enthusiasm is something I just can't cope with, I don't know how to talk to these people without seeming like a grouch for not being as fluffy as them. I'm not THAT kind of a woman.

Then there are other brides-to-be, when you try to go on wedding forums for help you get them all judging you...it's like being a parent, everyone has their own ideas and if yours differ they JUDGE. You try to find planning tips or check-lists for a simple wedding...nope, none...it's all two years in advance wedding folders and a million cut-out images of white dresses, white cakes, gaggles of bridesmaid. Is this really what women are supposed to be like? Spending their life uber-planning their wedding? Either way, apparently a wedding can't be anything but the perfect white wedding from a magazine - the slightest variation to this and they come after you with pitchforks.

I'm some horrible person if I don't want this;

I really can't do anything else to plan right now, which is driving me crazy - need partner to help, need dates set, need as budget, need concrete quotes, need the dress, etc. I need to know when I can plan properly - I actually also need a wedding planner because even if I can plan everything myself we still need someone to work logistics on the day. But then wedding planners are the queen bees of the carebears on crack spewing rainbows on me...they'll be all fake and try to talk to me small-talk about the 'big day' or will try to click with the couple by asking how we met and 'aw, aren't you both cute'...when I just want someone to plan stuff and that's that.

Vent over.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:43 am

Oh, and why can no one follow instructions?

Posted an add offering free old electrical items I have with the add clearly saying contact via email only and they have to take the lot...queue people asking to take specific items and/or asking me to phone them to arrange pick-up. I email one person giving them my address to pick-up items and tell them to help themselves as all the stuff is downstairs (there was a photo of the stuff in situ in the add, so not like they didn't know what to take), they've just turned-up at the anti-social time of 6:30am, knock on my door, and then don't take the stuff.

People will blame this on my autism, communication problems, but I swear time and time again it's NT's who can't seem to read, answer questions, do as instructed - when you're VERY CLEAR on what you're communicating I don't understand how people mess-up.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

VMSmith
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 1:24 am

so behind on my assignments now. so much. 2 weeks of uni left and 7 more assessments to go. #$%^ me.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 11:00 am

VMSmith wrote:
so behind on my assignments now. so much. 2 weeks of uni left and 7 more assessments to go. #$%^ me.

I hope you finish your work without too much stress.
I am cleaning today.

Popsicle
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 11:06 am

Attempting to have a real discussion with a narcissistic misogynist who was only there to try to be a smart aleck.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2013, 12:29 pm

I saw a cockroach in my kitchen. It's almost winter and they are still around!

And the thought of going back to work sickens me.