Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 509 of 1527 [ 24432 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511, 512 ... 1527  Next

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 2:51 pm

My mom forgot to pay for the cable, and worse, I have to listen to my brother and his girlfriend have sex. So f***ing annoying!

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 2:52 pm

I woke up this morning to the sound of cats mating outside my window - and they weren't even my cats!

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jun 2013, 6:45 pm

My mom is angry at me because I can't make a call to fix my Wi-Fi without her. I can't help if my phone conversations with strangers are awkward.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

28 Jun 2013, 12:03 am

My girl spurned me........ just before Anime Expo! :(

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

ChromaticRaven
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jun 2013, 6:38 am

I woke up feeling ill today - headache, cramps in my legs and my arms, some pain in the eye area, and a slightly swollen left eye. Some of these symptoms I've never experienced before, which makes me a little nervous. Good thing i have my good friend sleep.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 7:16 am

A stupid incompetent doctor ripped me off.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 9:59 am

I am going to the doctors today.

birdsandbugs
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Jun 2013, 11:13 am

Trying to get paint at the hardware store. Took a really long time and I usually just wait in the aisle behind the main counter till someone comes and gets me (so I don't have to talk to anyone). After like 20 minutes I was getting mad so I went to check and they said it was already there for several minutes. I just wish they would tell you these things. Also they lost my color card so I had to look for a new one and it always takes me a long time to do that since I have trouble finding things on my own. I always hope I don't have to remind them not to lose it but I worry they'll get mad at me so I don't say anything.

Mindsigh
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2013, 12:16 pm

My sandal broke. :evil: I just bought them a month ago.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 1:45 am

Can I set some sort of bot to post "Windows 8" in this topic every day for me?

AldousH
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

29 Jun 2013, 2:07 am

Just realized about ten minutes ago that "The Great Lebowsky", the actual title, alludes to "The Great Gatsbny". Heard about the movie when I was ten, read F. Scott Fitzgerald's book when I was in highschool and only now I make the connection.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 2:16 am

^ You mean The Big Lebowski? It's actually an allusion to Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 8:26 am

Jory wrote:
^ You mean The Big Lebowski? It's actually an allusion to Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep.

I am a big Dude and Walter Fan.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 9:52 am

i have had quite an "entropic" day.
the 2 main culprits in the degradation of the procedure of my day were a flat battery and an inferior frypan.

1 week ago, i had the engine in my cheap white car replaced as the old one had a cracked whatever. the new engine is improperly installed, and when i picked the car up (retrieved it) from the mechanic, he told me to bring it back in 2 weeks to have the oil flushed out and replaced (as it was a reconditioned engine).
when i drove home, i noticed the sound of slipping belts (a squealing sound) in the engine bay. i became paranoid about being stranded again (like when my first engine died) , but the car got me home (a 67 km trip).

the next day, i rang the mechanic and reported the problem to him, and he said that as long as my temperature gauge did not rise beyond half way, then i could safely use the car for the 13 days before i was due to take it back for the oil replacement.

over the next few days, i noticed that every time i started the car, it seemed that the battery was less powerful than the last time i started it. then yesterday, i was driving to the shops, and i had my headlights on high beam , and i noticed them dimming seriously, and then my speedometer and tachometer started to behave erratically, and i knew there was a serious problem unfolding, and i knew that if i switched the car off, i would probably not be able to start it again, so i did a u-turn and went back home. when i got home, i switched off the lights and heater, and i let it idle for a few minutes to charge the battery, and then i turned it off and went inside.

i then realized that the squealing belt sound was the belt that spins the alternator wheel to charge the battery slipping, but i thought that it was at least doing it's job partially sans any auxiliary electrical load.

today, i wanted to have a hamburger with soft egg and cheese and bacon from my local takeaway, and i thought that i could start the car, and because it was broad daylight, i would not have to use the headlights, and if i also did not use the heater, then at least my battery would charge up a bit.

(i am having trouble summarizing this account sorry).

when i tried to start the car, the battery was incapable of providing sufficient power to the starter motor...

i must abbreviate...

i rang the NRMA (road side assistance) and he (the road side assistance person) came and started my car, and he tightened the alternator belt, and i think he solved the problem, and i let it idle for 30 minutes, but by that time it was dark, and i did not trust the car enough to take it out with the headlights on (and the wipers(it is very wet here at the moment)).

i needed to get something for dinner and i had to call a taxi, so the hamburger was out of the question because i must eat hamburgers immediately after they are cooked, and i am sure the taxi driver would be unimpressed with me eating my burger in his cab. i decided that since i still had 4 eggs, that i would have cheesy scrambled eggs instead, and so i called a cab to the local supermarket (to buy milk) and told him to wait and then he drove me home after i was done. the taxi fare was $20.

then i prepared the mixture for my scrambled eggs, and i melted a knob of butter in the frypan (an immaculately clean frypan), and as i was cooking the scrambled eggs, i noticed black flecks in the mixture, and at first i thought it was just coagulated pepper, but soon after, they seemed prominently dispersed through the hardening scrambled egg mixture, and i removed the frypan from the heat and inspected one of the flecks, and i am almost sure that it is liberated teflon.

the gentle act of moving a plastic spatula to fold cooking scrambled eggs seems to tear off flecks of teflon coating, and so i rejected the scrambled eggs that i cooked and now i am very hungry, and even though i have many varieties of foodstuffs in my pantry and freezer, i have no appetite presently for any of them.

i can only desire to eat a limited number of things even if i am ravenously hungry.

so because of a flat battery and a cheap frypan, my day was thrown into turmoil.

Bloodheart
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 1:00 pm

I've had ongoing issues with council not collecting my recycling, and giving all sorts of BS excuses when I complain...sending letters to us claiming we're leaving bins out when we're not...confiscating our bins...giving us fewer bins back...ignoring emails, etc.

My recycling hasn't been collected AGAIN this week (it's been a month since last collection, my kitchen is still full of recycling from last time they stopped bothering to collect the recycling), so today I went to bring in the bin, having to pick up everything from the street that had spilled out thanks to someone tipping it over. While out I found the large sheet of wood that's been at the side of the building for about two months had moved...revealing that it wasn't something kids dumped (as I'd suspected as lots of kids play round here, I thought they'd been using it as a makeshift bike ramp), but it's actually been covering an large open manhole to the sewer in the middle of the path.

North Tyneside council are taking the f*****g piss.

Good-looking girls break hearts, and goodhearted girls mend them.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2013, 1:06 pm

The realization that I don't belong

Woof Woof! Cheep Cheep!