Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 767 of 2000 [ 31988 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 764, 765, 766, 767, 768, 769, 770 ... 2000  Next

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:02 pm

Birthdays. Apparently both of my parents' birthdays are coming up in a few days, but I'm terrible with dates, so I had no idea. My mom bought my father an expensive gift and falsely labeled it as being partially from me, like I'm five years old. But I have nothing for my mother, and my parents are currently my only means of transportation (plus I have no money at the moment), so I have no means of procuring a gift for her. So she's going to be pissed off unless my father was also wise enough to treat me like I'm five.

I also dislike the price mindfucks associated with gift giving, where you have to magically read the other person's mind to figure out how much they're going to spend on a gift so that you can spend a similar amount in order not to create a very awkward situation. I'm sure that my parents, like always, agreed not to get each other valuable gifts. But, again, as always, my mother bought an unreasonably expensive gift, while my father is undoubtedly going to follow the "rules" and pick something up for $10. Then my mother is going to passive aggressively sulk for a week. :roll:

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jul 2015, 8:59 pm

I have to attend a funeral tomorrow.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:48 am

I just knocked over a glass of wine in a very messy area on my desk at home. I'm not going to clean this wine mess because there are too many things there and cleaning would be too complicated a task to do. I just hope it would not cause mold to grow, attract ants/cockroaches or start stinking in a few weeks'/months' time. I'm so angry about it that I lost the motivation to do the productive things that I was planning to do this afternoon/evening. I guess I'll just keep eating until I feel better.

chapstan
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jul 2015, 9:55 am

This is one of those older people things: listening to the doctor, trying hard to change the diet, exercising more, etc then pricking your finger in the morning and having your fasting blood sugar number be 120. :(

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2015, 10:20 am

My freaking tooth is hurting and I can't see a dentist until Monday. :x

2cat007
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jul 2015, 10:21 am

Why must this kind of stuff happen on the weekend

SciFiCoyote
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

18 Jul 2015, 11:03 am

I hate having to be in the middle of NT drama, but I can't get away from it either.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 11:36 am

Nothing.

jk1
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jul 2015, 1:18 pm

After knocking over the glass of wine, I dropped a beef pie on the floor and then dropped a bowl of cut grapefruit. All separately within a few hours. Something must be wrong with me.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Jul 2015, 3:51 pm

It was too hot, humid & sun was shinning too bright for me to have a long walk today

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

JitakuKeibiinB
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 12:32 am

My father invited me to go rafting with only thirty minutes notice today. I really don't like sudden events (plus I had a rather negative experience last time), so I was nervously pacing around for thirty minutes.

I've been trying to limit my alcohol intake, as it has been excessive lately, but "rafting" is really a nonce word for "sitting on a flotation device while consuming copious quantities of alcohol", so I didn't do so well on that task today. I "preloaded", drank more than anyone else, and now I'm "post-loading" with a 1.75L bottle of wine. Actually, that's a lie. The bottle of wine is already in the trash, and I'm considering a glass of rum. :?

steelysunshine
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Jul 2015, 12:46 am

I have to move.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 8:42 am

family issues.

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 9:20 am

My crabby boy

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 10:14 am

Bloody Microsoft installing their unwanted, useless 'Bing' service as my homepage yet again via an 'update'. My normal homepage consists of my 8 most commonly visited sites in 'Tab' form, which is extremely useful and saves a lot of time. I can usually reinstate this by trial and error, but shouldn't have to.

I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that Microsoft is the Goldman Sachs 'Vampire Squid' of the computing world....

:wall:

Caesar
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2015, 2:22 pm

It's my favourite month but I have a lot of plans and I'm busy all the time with stuff, I don't have as much free time as I expected lol