Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 898 of 1998 [ 31967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 895, 896, 897, 898, 899, 900, 901 ... 1998  Next

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 11:40 am

smudge wrote:
BirdInFlight wrote:
I'm having some musings about the varying coping abilities on the spectrum. I have never approved of the way some people doubt the diagnosis of others, but I'm starting to have my own doubts about others too. Not in a real way -- I believe their diagnoses.

But it's just that some people seem to have just "licked" everything. Some people seem to have ZERO challenges anymore. Some people seem to HAVE NO "impairments."

Some people are so blissfully accomplished in having mastered everything that they now look down from lofty heights and assume that anyone posting that there is anything at all they struggle with because of the spectrum just must not be trying hard enough.

When they have no actual clue how valiantly hard some of those people probably do try, yet the reason they're POSTING about it is because they're not freaking perfect.

I am really sick of these astonishingly perfect people who think only in black and white about the ones who still are honest enough to describe struggles, believing that these people don't have any triumphs or skills at all, or that they haven't "learned" anything.

While conveniently overlooking other posts where it's clear that in some other matter that person has learned a very great deal and continues to do so. But no, they selectively focus on the thread where the person says there's an area of challenge. Screw the other thread where the person demonstrates effort and overcoming.

I@m sorry but I just really get angry at the sanctimonious BS on here sometimes. There are such well-functioning people here who think the rest of us aren't even trying, and that's BS. Get off your damn high horse, you know NOTHING about me.

Aimed at me..?

Nah, probably aimed At me. :lol:
Tsky, if only... :|

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 12:01 pm

No smudge, aimed at a thread more recently where some people just really seemed to be getting a dig in -- one person in particular that I thought we'd made our peace, but there that person was again.

There is just a general culture here of people making judgment calls on the entire state of being of others here based on one or two issues -- and it is after all a support site where one of its very functions is that we can air our challenges, compare notes, compare coping methods or just make a rant about the problem that's bugging us in our life.

But then other people take that ball and run with it and decide that it must be something we never let go of, and that we are being "poor little victims".

It's usually the very well-coping people on here who decide all this negative sh!t and do the "victim" accusations just because someone else is honest enough to describe that something is a challenge for them, which is after all what this place is supposed to be here for.

I'm sick of the "holier than thou" s**t. There are aspier than thous, holier than thous, coping better than thou, and I'm sick of it.

smudge
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 12:29 pm

BirdInFlight wrote:
No smudge, aimed at a thread more recently where some people just really seemed to be getting a dig in -- one person in particular that I thought we'd made our peace, but there that person was again.

There is just a general culture here of people making judgment calls on the entire state of being of others here based on one or two issues -- and it is after all a support site where one of its very functions is that we can air our challenges, compare notes, compare coping methods or just make a rant about the problem that's bugging us in our life.

But then other people take that ball and run with it and decide that it must be something we never let go of, and that we are being "poor little victims".

It's usually the very well-coping people on here who decide all this negative sh!t and do the "victim" accusations just because someone else is honest enough to describe that something is a challenge for them, which is after all what this place is supposed to be here for.

I'm sick of the "holier than thou" s**t. There are aspier than thous, holier than thous, coping better than thou, and I'm sick of it.

I realise what you're saying. Sometimes I think they do it as a way of escaping their own insecurities, or they just forget what they used to be (or are coping well). Occasionally people can come around if you remind them that not everyone has had the support they have, whether it be professional or family and friends. I brought my ex around on this, he put some people down for not having jobs and I had to remind him that he had support in order to get his job, and those he slagged off didn't.

Sometimes people are just worn out and don't have the drive that others do, it's unfair of the ones with drives to look down upon those who are exhausted. We're not all the same in our abilities and coping mechanisms.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 12:40 pm

The fact that our local post office has failed to notify us about a parcel having arrived and being ready to be picked up - again. This is the 4th time this summer. I'm getting really tired of it. The postal service has become a joke.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

BirdInFlight
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 1:26 pm

Exactly, smudge. These are all my thoughts on this too. And I've been thinking that very thing about the concept of support -- some of these sanctimonious people forget that they also happen to have been surrounded by really deep and full support in their efforts in life. Then those of us who have had to cope completely alone and in the dark, they chastize us for not doing as well as they are. I do think they completely forget the important element of the massive difference on our ability to do better that having a support network or not has a huge impact upon.

I do think I'm one of those people who are worn out at this point and I've lost much of my drive, and it's tough to find myself judged for that by someone who doesn't realize that in fact I've done a whole better in my life in the past, but nope, I don't get credit for that. I just get slagged off for complaining now about my challenges now.

Thanks for your post -- I feel understood, reading what you said just here.

smudge wrote:
I realise what you're saying. Sometimes I think they do it as a way of escaping their own insecurities, or they just forget what they used to be (or are coping well). Occasionally people can come around if you remind them that not everyone has had the support they have, whether it be professional or family and friends. I brought my ex around on this, he put some people down for not having jobs and I had to remind him that he had support in order to get his job, and those he slagged off didn't.

Sometimes people are just worn out and don't have the drive that others do, it's unfair of the ones with drives to look down upon those who are exhausted. We're not all the same in our abilities and coping mechanisms.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 4:18 pm

Reading online comments written by people who say that upcoming film The Birth Of A Nation isn't worth seeing because the director was acquitted for sexually assaulting a woman in the late 1990s. He was acquitted in 2001, but people have been saying the director is just using his film to show remorse for what he did.

I don't give a damn as to what people say about the director's past, so I'm still looking forward to seeing the movie when it opens on October 7th.

TheAP
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 8:05 pm

One of my favourite people was banned from my other forum.

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2016, 9:57 pm

That some political/economic problems can be solved if persons worked together though, in this day and age such is hard to come by.

FrankyViolage
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2016, 3:54 am

My doggie for some reason felt bad.

SlowMazorati
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Sep 2016, 6:22 am

The stark realisation that at 61 I am too old to be worthy of support. There must be many thousands of us. Support or any level of understanding just didn't exist when I was younger. Now I'm too old. Too damaged by punishments of the past. Too forgetable. Hey ho! Muddle on ......

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 8:50 am

Waiting for my ride to get here.

TheForeverMan
Toucan
Toucan

19 Sep 2016, 8:55 am

What made me unhappy today...?

Me.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 6:07 pm

First I accidentally knocked over my cup at a restaurant and spilled tea all over the place - at least the waitress was able to clean it up and give me a refill - and then when I called a cab to take me home from the mall they took longer than usual. I'm starting to almost hate cabs as much as I hate buses. There never seem to be enough of them, and when I call them they tell me "It's on it's way." I wait over ten minutes, still no sign of a cab, so I call again and they say the same thing, "They're on their way".

How I hate how vague they're being! "On its way" could be anywhere from ten minutes to a half-hour. And I'll be standing there outside with no shelter, no place to sit, and I'm tired and thirsty and the weather is bad, and I don't want to go back in the building because I might miss the ride. But I can't say anything to the driver when they finally arrive because that would be rude. I'm PAYING them to drive me somewhere, they're not doing me any favors. :evil:

On the other hand, most taxi drivers where I live understand English, only have occasional minor problems with directions, and usually know how to not drive like a lunatic. :twisted:

kazanscube
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:06 pm

You mentioned a "cab" lostonearth35? I have my own story about using such transportation service when I was in the states and felt, I'd not do that again.

dcj123
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2016, 7:31 pm

I committed a crime innocently today... some how... I don't know how.

I stole $4 when I legitimately tried to pay for it.

Anxiety is not good,

I'll probably get arrested,

Autism and jail doesn't mix,

I'll probably get beat and maybe raped,

This sucks,

Kill me,

racheypie666
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2016, 11:38 am

Having been under various emotional stresses recently I have reached the predictable state of having no emotions. I was waiting for it; here it is. I can't even put my mask on to fake my way through the day, so everybody thinks I'm being horrible I'm sure. I'm just out of emotional energy. f**k.