Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1202 of 2000 [ 31990 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1199, 1200, 1201, 1202, 1203, 1204, 1205 ... 2000  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:09 am

Mother.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:19 am

Fnord wrote:
They delivered my salad with Arugula and Kale instead of Romaine and Spinach like I asked!

Hey, dude, ease up on the hipster trolling, couldja? It's pretty tone deaf when you thread something like this in between people lamenting about suffering, incapacity, death and loss. And from what I've read of your posts elsewhere, I'm making a solid bet that this one and the margarine-on-my-croissants one that came some time later, are pure trolling. (There was at least one more but I can't remember what it was now.)

You don't have to agree with or sympathize with people on this thread. There is a lot of parallel play here, many people are so isolated that it's hard for them to see past whatever immediate annoyance fills their field of view, and even harder for some, at least, to see into another person's immediate annoyances here long enough to extend caring words. (I've lamented the parallel play aspect myself, but really I should have given some thought to the context.)

But stealth-shaming people isn't the way to go. It doesn't reach them, it doesn't teach them, it makes them feel terrible when they figure it out, and it makes you look mean.

I, personally, am unhappy because a spider bite in May followed by a hyperpotent steroid shot in June triggered a cascade of immunosuppression related minor catastrophes that haven't let up yet, and will be costing me multiple thousands of dollars at a time in my life when I desperately need that money for other things - like heat, and rent, and care for my cats, and medical care for my own non-iatrogenic issues. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't snark about that, obliquely or otherwise, while I try to figure out how the hell I'm going to get through it. OK? Capisce? Thanks.

Edit in: and no, I don't hate you. But for cryin' out loud, dude. Give it a rest.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."
-- Terry Pratchett, Guards! Guards!

Last edited by Esmerelda Weatherwax on 11 Oct 2018, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:25 am

while I am at it, thank you to lone and feeli0 and nick and raleigh and blazingstar and kraftie and isabel and everyone else who responded kindly when I was feeling absolutely, utterly, desolately alone with all of those health problems and then some.

Ugh it's just been a *terrific* year.

"I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people," said the man. "You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides."

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:32 am

Fnord wrote:
I ran out of imported Irish butter for my croissant, so I had to resort to margarine instead.

:eew:

nobody is posting stuff like that here.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:36 am

I'm so happy to see you back Esmerelda :heart:

Kitty says hi!

Last edited by LoneLoyalWolf on 11 Oct 2018, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:38 am

Posting silly "First-World Problems" to give people something to laugh about is seen by some as personal attacks.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:39 am

Esmerelda Weatherwax wrote:
while I am at it, thank you to lone and feeli0 and nick and raleigh and blazingstar and kraftie and isabel and everyone else who responded kindly when I was feeling absolutely, utterly, desolately alone with all of those health problems and then some.

My Grandpa who is 95 has had a "Terrific" year too. He has Kidney failure and Bladder cancer. Health problem are horrible. I hope you start feeling better soon. We are lucky here in canada to have the health system we do. We don't seem to have to go into debt when we get sick. ((Hugs)) Miss Weatherwax.

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:42 am

Hugs back atcha Cecil. I know, civilized countries are great, I've actually lived in a couple (sigh).

Esmerelda Weatherwax
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:45 am

Fnord wrote:
Posting silly "First-World Problems" to give people something to laugh about is seen by some as personal attacks.

It's all about the context, Fnord. It's just insensitive to do that on *this* thread when people are posting about their loved ones dying, is all.

I like snark, but not where people are sharing their pain, it's out of place then.

Peace to you - and I mean that; I do not hate you nor am I angry at you; am merely calling out what I saw as insensitive. And with this, I stop posting on the subject, because there's nothing more I need or want to say.

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 11:49 am

I, personally, am unhappy because a spider bite in May followed by a hyperpotent steroid shot in June triggered a cascade of immunosuppression related minor catastrophes that haven't let up yet, and will be costing me multiple thousands of dollars at a time in my life when I desperately need that money for other things - like heat, and rent, and care for my cats, and medical care for my own non-iatrogenic issues. I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't snark about that, obliquely or otherwise, while I try to figure out how the hell I'm going to get through it.

After I am over the fact that you were bitten by a spider 8O

OMG!!

I'm so sorry that you are so ill now and have so much expenses because of it. Truly hope you can find a solution to these problems. My thoughts go out to you. I wish you much strength and power (and money :wink: ) to recover as fast as possible.

Kiprobalhato
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2018, 1:13 pm

Fnord wrote:

thank you for making your intent clear.

לא לדעת כלום
וזה הכל אהובי, זה הכל.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2018, 11:09 am

Coldness. I think it was lightly snowing mist.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 9:46 am

Cold again. No snow

LoneLoyalWolf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 9:59 am

Reading about animal abuse and this forum allowing it to be posted.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

13 Oct 2018, 10:16 am

You helped me & lots of others feel better at times of major distress.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2018, 10:40 am

i went to bed bummed out over failed plans, then woke up to "message failed to send"

i hate technology and i hate my poor communication skills