Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1683 of 1992 [ 31868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1680, 1681, 1682, 1683, 1684, 1685, 1686 ... 1992  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 3:13 pm

The therapist I saw on Friday tested positive for COVID-19 today, have to wait until Wednesday to get reliable test results. And of course getting me in for a booster was one of those things my parents were going to do months ago and still haven’t gotten around to actually doing (I can’t speak understandably on the phone and rely on my parents for transportation, or I would’ve done it myself, that’s the only way things actually get done here) :roll: Mostly I’m just worried about potentially spreading it, especially since my brother is immunocompromised. Regarding myself, I tend to have a “whatever happens happens” attitude (though still take precautions, again if nothing else to avoid spreading anything).

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:11 pm

HighLlama wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:
AprilR wrote:
Stupid ignorant and arrogant people who think they know all about people's coping mechanisms and psychology.

And never ever face their own shortcomings. If those "unhealthy coping mechanisms" didn't exist so many people have already commited suicide long ago. God forbid people do something that provides them a little escapism from their awful reality.

Everyone has their own life perspective.

Cancelling anyone, as either an anti-woke or woke person is contrary to the good of humanity on a societal scale, because each side resides in their own side because of reasons that make sense to themselves and many of the reasons are based on a lack of education in certain areas, specific beliefs, socioeconomic circumstances & so on.

So yeah, don't cancel anyone, ever. It's a dangerous activity.

Who is talking about cancelling or being "woke"?

I am talking about those things. Your post inspired that line of thinking/train of thought.

Thank for you the inspiration.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:18 pm

Almost burned my house down. House full of smoke now.

I'm such a freak. :(

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:20 pm

First Raleigh is flooded. Now it's the towering inferno, hot, hot , hot. Whats next Earthquakes, Twisters,?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:21 pm

Plagues, apparently.

Damn - I can barely breathe in here.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:25 pm

From smoke inhalation, or decreased lung capacity from Covid?

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:27 pm

I meant from the smoke, but both actually.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 4:59 pm

Poor Isabella, I'd send you a Oxygen mask. If only I could get it into your country, but the postage and packaging for something that heavy, would probably cost....oooops. lol. :wink: :) :lol: But seriously, hope you are doing fine. Not too hot and bothered, keepin it all together. As you play, amatuer firefighter :P

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2022, 8:49 pm

Bob Saget died... :(

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2022, 10:41 pm

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Really bad anxiety last night. It made me get sick to my stomach.

Strange that I had my first anxiety attack in a while that very same night, it was miserable and I didn’t get to sleep until noon, I was moaning and hyperventilating pretty bad.

Aspieangeldude
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

09 Jan 2022, 10:48 pm

Well I went into a bad rage trying to put my screen protector and iPad otterbox on my iPad, I ended up chipping it, then a bad scrupulosity/ocd attack :(

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 12:01 am

Maybe the single most evil device created: the modern mobile phone (those reasons are beyond the scope of this unhappiness):

Answer call? I guess I'll press the green phone. Nope, that didn't work. Missed call. Guess I'll just hold it down then. Nope, missed call. Maybe you have to Mozambique Drill it or something. Nah, missed call. Maybe I'll drag it or something. Yep, it worked. It's hard enough talking on the phone with autism as is.

Life too.

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 5:15 am

Mild abdominal cramps. It's either that time of the month happens as soon as now or 2 days from now.

Please, make up your damn mind and get on with it already.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 9:39 am

Anxiety

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 10:59 am

Today has been terrible so far. Not only am I still upset about Bob Saget, but my coloring app won't work anymore, and I accidentally spilled Vitamin C powder all over myself.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2022, 12:41 pm

Job search and being unable to drive