Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1374 of 1998 [ 31959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1371, 1372, 1373, 1374, 1375, 1376, 1377 ... 1998  Next

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2019, 4:49 pm

My mom did not react positively at all at my suggestion that I was going to try to be happy with what I have instead of focusing on what I don't, even though I explained that this does not mean that I'm giving up all hope of ever being independent and that I will keep striving for it, just that I need to be able to accept it if it's not something I can achieve and if I will be able to achieve it, it won't be for a long time yet. I get the sneaking suspicion that she doesn't want to tell me, but she wants me out of the house sooner rather than later. I'm easier to love from afar.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

09 Oct 2019, 9:02 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Dead ends, dead ends, and more dead ends. It seems that what I need to do to get the assistance I'd need to not live with my parents is age 50 years, and I can't wait that long. Doubtless my parents would be unable to provide for me before then anyway, and then what do I do? Stuck in the place where I'm not disabled enough to get assistance but I'm too disabled to do without it.

dragonsanddemons wrote:
My mom did not react positively at all at my suggestion that I was going to try to be happy with what I have instead of focusing on what I don't, even though I explained that this does not mean that I'm giving up all hope of ever being independent and that I will keep striving for it, just that I need to be able to accept it if it's not something I can achieve and if I will be able to achieve it, it won't be for a long time yet. I get the sneaking suspicion that she doesn't want to tell me, but she wants me out of the house sooner rather than later. I'm easier to love from afar.
I really relate to this unfortunately. I was born with lots of various physical & mental disabilities that I never got much help for as a kid cuz people didn't really know what was wrong with me. After I became an adult I was able to get SSI & Medicaid but that was it for my benefits. Docs in my area wouldn't accept Louisiana Medicaid so I had to pay for private health insurance witch had co-payments & deductibles & wouldn't cover mental. Over half of my full SSI when towards my needed medical expenses. As for me being independent & working, the best jobs I can get are minimum wage type stuff & it was a major struggle for me to find & get the jobs I've had. Louisiana voc-rehab was a waste of my time & kept telling me I needed to assert myself which I was already doing. There weren't many programs to help disableds where I lived & I didn't have the rite diagnoses or wasn't severely disabled enough in that one specific area to quality for anything. My mom HATED me living with her & dad & kept threatening to kick me out but never actually did. I ended up getting out of that hell cuz I met my current girlfriend online(this forum) & she's also disabled in lots of ways. She has more benefits than me including housing assistance so I moved in with her. Vermont is alot more progressive than Louisiana & the docs here actually accept the state Medicaid. I also have Medicare now thou cuz I worked enough to be eligible for Social Security Disability which is a little more than the state SSI amount. I do want to get a part time job where I could still keep my benefits but have something to do & a little extra money coming in. We really could use it now but we're in the process of trying to move & I'm not really sure how to go about that kinda job search.
I really wish you luck dragonsanddemons.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

traven
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 2:27 am

to repair the spare tire;
the central scrutinizer doesn't allow
you must buy two tires and give up your privacy for corporate laws (the computer says so)
soooooooooooo, replace two good tires and still no spare
i want to shooooot the system so much

lies,lies,lies
:skull: :skull: :skull:
the mechanic/owner says the tires on the wheels are from 2007
you can pull anything from bs these days
from him i bought new tires in 13 or 14?
and then again i had new after that from another place

adhere to the hive-mind

exo-brain takes all crap for $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

next ?? you have to show a penis to buy a condom, how is this a thing?

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 4:20 am

I've already been up for an hour. Day shift sucks. Afternoon shift sucks too. Switching back and forth merely compounds the problem. :|

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

10 Oct 2019, 11:24 am

Grocery shopping.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 9:26 am

Fog.

AprilR
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 11:49 am

I think i have a Crush on my coworker. Good job ruining everything, me.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 5:40 pm

Thinking that people post on these threads simply to bump up their post count. 8O

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 6:46 pm

25 mins cut from 007 in cinema , i still wonder if it was a joke

If it happens tomorrow i shall be requesting a refund , i mean really

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

11 Oct 2019, 7:23 pm

Wasting five dollars on Chinese takeout that I didn't realize was burnt until I began eating it.

YUCK! :eew:

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:22 am

Anxiety

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 10:58 am

I'm such a lazy bastard. While my GF was away I have used every possible plate , bowl , dish , cutlery item rather than wash them. I now have the Mt Kilimanjaro of washing up items to do before she gets back :(

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:24 pm

SaveFerris wrote:
I'm such a lazy bastard. While my GF was away I have used every possible plate , bowl , dish , cutlery item rather than wash them. I now have the Mt Kilimanjaro of washing up items to do before she gets back :(

I have an idea! Just leave them all for her to do! Tell her she's always great at washing up and you thought she'd like the opportunity to show her love for you! Win-win! :heart:

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 4:37 pm

My mom guilt-tripping me for wanting to complete homework for my Spanish class instead of going to the store with her to buy groceries.

Kitty4670
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 9:09 pm

My cat was driving me crazy with meowing & playing with my trash. Few days ago, one of my finger nails got cut, it was hurting me, made me bleed a little,it’s getting better now. I still need someone to take my old bed away, I need to find someone to set up my new bed, I been sleeping on my couch.

SaveFerris
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2019, 9:15 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
SaveFerris wrote:

I have an idea! Just leave them all for her to do! Tell her she's always great at washing up and you thought she'd like the opportunity to show her love for you! Win-win! :heart:

I told her what I did and she said just leave them for her.

In the end I did the all the dishes , cleaned the kitchen , mopped the floors , stripped off all the wallpaper in the bedroom ( ready for painting ). I made her a cup of tea when she got in , I made her pizza for tea , she caught up on a week of Eastenders. After that I suggested we watch a film but she said it was too late but proceeded to watch 2 hours of TV before bed. I feel like I'm acting like a spoilt child in my mind , I planned things and it didn't happen *stamping my feet in my mind* :evil:

Hypocrisy is the greatest luxury. Raise the double standard