Page 1 of 2 [ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 1:01 pm

-Gotten a job.
-Gotten a basic DAW built.
-Recorded at least a single album (Regardless if I'm famous or not (Which I very likely will not be)).
-Regularly preforming with or without a band.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 1:34 pm

Five year goals IMHO are bit too long term without braking them down into medium and short term goals, plus with my own current situation am taking an project approach as I need to review my goals.

My project is to move house, am braking that down into small steps. Also the last few weeks I been recruiting additional help to form a support team of professionals and looking at options for additional source of income to help speed things up. :wink:

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

5 years? That's an eternity away. 8O

How about I say in one year I hope to have gotten a decent paying job and settled in my new life... whatever that may consist of.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

In 5 years time I want to have a passive 6-figure income and be traveling all over the world.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 2:50 pm

I want to have graduated college, gotten a job, have a good calling, have a circle of friends and hopefully be in a relationship.

But those are pretty high goals....I KNOW I need to have graduated college by then, and the job is dependent on what degree I go with. The calling is just chance and the friends are if I do well at college.....the relationship, Idk about that one either.

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 3:16 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
I want to have graduated college, gotten a job, have a good calling, have a circle of friends and hopefully be in a relationship.

But those are pretty high goals....I KNOW I need to have graduated college by then, and the job is dependent on what degree I go with. The calling is just chance and the friends are if I do well at college.....the relationship, Idk about that one either.

Time wise braking them down into smaller manageable goals that you can use like a stairway with help. Plus you might wish to look at the SMART criteria to help make your goals more effective. :wink:

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 3:33 pm

cdfox7 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

Time wise braking them down into smaller manageable goals that you can use like a stairway with help. Plus you might wish to look at the SMART criteria to help make your goals more effective. :wink:

S Specific Significant, Stretching, Simple
M Measurable Meaningful, Motivational, Manageable
A Attainable Appropriate, Achievable, Agreed, Assignable, Actionable, Ambitious, Aligned,
R Relevant Realistic, Resourced, Resonant
T Time-bound Time-oriented, Time framed, Timed, Time-based, Timeboxed, Timely, Time- specific, Timetabled, Time limited, Trackable, Tangible

cdfox7
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 3:47 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
cdfox7 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

S Specific Significant, Stretching, Simple
M Measurable Meaningful, Motivational, Manageable
A Attainable Appropriate, Achievable, Agreed, Assignable, Actionable, Ambitious, Aligned,
R Relevant Realistic, Resourced, Resonant
T Time-bound Time-oriented, Time framed, Timed, Time-based, Timeboxed, Timely, Time- specific, Timetabled, Time limited, Trackable, Tangible

Yes lol if you what make them SMARTER :lol:

E Evaluate Ethical, Excitable, Enjoyable, Engaging, Ecological
R Reevaluate Rewarded, Reassess, Revisit, Recordable, Rewarding, Reaching

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 4:35 pm

I'll try to keep it realistic. My child graduating from high school would be nice. A house to remodel. Maybe get better at playing the keyboard. Possibly earn another degree or certificate.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

12 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
nick007 wrote:
Henbane wrote:
hyperlexian wrote:
i always found it tough to think about the future as i have found that absolutely nothing works out the way i expect and all my plans generally come to naught. when i imagine the future, it's like looking down at a complicated roadmap. i can see the spot where i am located, but i have no idea how future events are going to push me willy-nilly in different directions, so i haven't a clue which road to take.

Yes, I can relate to this totally. I tend now to make vague goals, because most of my specific goals haven't come to fruition. Life often seems fundamentally unplannable to me. Plus I tend to live in the past more than anything, so the future is not something I think about that often. But there are things I would like to improve in my life, and I suppose that's where my goals come in, fuzzy as they are.

Although some people manage to do it don't they, make plans, follow through, achieve things. I'm not sure how that works exactly.

It's been like that with me all my life so I never made long term plans. It was all I could do to get through the day as a kid so I've always focused on the immediate stuff & planned that out instead of thinking ahead. All I really know I'd want in 5 years is to be married to Megaz & helping to support her with her plans, goals & dreams. She likes planning long term & is pretty good at it so it's best to let her take charge of the long term plans & I'll focus on the more immediate stuff

you make a very good point... i think i am actually not GOOD at making plans. i don't make decisions easily (my therapist taught me how to do it better, but it does not come naturally and i am still not skilled). i have difficulty figuring out which factors are important, which factors could derail everything, etc.

I'm very OCDish about strategising sometimes like when I was working at WalMart; I was sort of an unofficial backup to my supervisor & when he was tied up doing a special project or stressed out or something; I sort of took charge & came up with strategies for the rest in the floor-care/maintenance department on how to get the routine stuff done. My Myers Briggs personality type is an extremely hardcore ISTJ. When it comes to long term plans; I either see too many options, no options, I see all the things that could possibly go wrong, or just too many different possibilities & outcomes & I get overwhelmed. Also when io tried to make long-term plans in the past; I screwed-up & caused some problems for myself & my family. I don't know what I should do with my life as for as career & other plans; I sort of drift & take things as they come & give it my best shot when I see an opportunity worth trying. It's one of the ways me & Megz balance each other out; she plans long-term but sometimes doesn't focus on the next steps as much as she probably should & I focus on the immediate steps. I really admire how she can plan ahead & I think the plans that seem less realistic are kinda cute & she listens when I try to redirect her focus to more immediate stuff

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

identity
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 7:10 am

I can relate to a lot of what you have said in your OP actually Henbane. Hyperlexian I find decision making very difficult aswell.

My main problem is my anxiety levels and I guess also a kind of low level depression which makes motivation difficult.

I would hope that in five years time I can be more comfortable with being myself, not that there aren't many things I want to change of course. But I think ironically if I could accept myself I could then probably improve on the things I am unhappy about. I would like to have more of an idea of what I want to be doing with my life and at the very least working towards it. I still want to be painting though but I now think this probably won't work in terms of income. (surprise, surprise!) I hope that I may be in a position to help others more.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 8:07 am

Same, but getting paid.

Maybe in education.

I expect to be 5 years wiser, calmer, happier, and progressed in the various arts and interests I pursue.

It's hard to see how trends in the world will interact with trends within myself.

Looking at my progressed chart;

It seems my ability to express myself will be at a life peak. I will be releasing more bad habits. I will be more interested in receiving recognition and approval. I will be wanting a more orderly life. I believe I will be more materialistic generally (might not be a bad thing, since I'm the opposite of materialistic now). My tastes will move more towards the exotic and unusual.

Reindeer
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2011, 9:19 am

I will be on my 2nd year at a university, readin physics!

/Geek out! >.<

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 11:37 pm

Figure out what I really want to do in school. I can't see myself being out of the science fields. Graduate. Then get a job where I want to live. Buy a car that I can work on, build up and just drive the s**t out of it. Fast cars are my thing. Probably go AWD or RWD. 93-2002 camaro Z28 6-speed or 1970 Chevelle Automatic or 69 camaro. Get a girlfriend, vacation, learn a language or two. Not have kids. and be in shape.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Aug 2011, 11:55 pm

In five years i just want to be happy and satisfied whatever i am doing... that is all

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 12:00 am

Reindeer wrote:
I will be on my 2nd year at a university, readin physics!

/Geek out! >.<

Make that fourth for me.