Help me remember these war movies.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

K_W
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Aug 2011, 5:04 pm

There is one or two war movies I saw as a kid that I cannot remember what they were called. They could be two movies or the same one...

#1 A group of soldiers are in a barn or small dark building, they have a prisoner, they hand a pistol to a civilian and tell him/her to shoot the prisoner because he is a traitor. He or she refuses. They persist and eventfully he or she pulls the trigger... the gun is empty, they laugh and I think they say something like... "Welcome to the Nazi Party...".

#2 In a scene in this movie, a bunch of women and children are beside a road during the day when a squadron of Nazi planes dive out of the sky and shoot them as they scatter, and as they fly away there is a scene from one of the cockpits of their bodies lying all over the ground.

#2 is very similar to the first scene of the French movie Forbidden Games http://movies.netflix.com/WiMovie/Forbi ... kid=438403 but I am sure was in color and in English so likely not that movie.

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by K_W on 13 Aug 2011, 12:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

K_W

12 Aug 2011, 10:04 pm

Nobody?

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:29 pm

How old are the movies and are they Hollywood movies? Any of actors well known?

I don't recall either of them.

K_W

13 Aug 2011, 12:07 am

I saw them on TV in the early 90's, but I don't know how old they are, or if they where Hollywood or made for TV.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 8:03 pm

I don't think so. Maybe try a movie or World War II buff site if they weren't mainstream.

There were several Dirty Dozen movies-cable spin-offs that my Dad used to watch, but I have no idea of any particular scene.