Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 5:14 pm

for now i am

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:21 pm

I'm 18 and I do, but I will be moving into an apartment in a few weeks and i am scared to leave my room...it's always been my haven, it's the only thing that has been there for me whenever I needed. Although I treated it badly, I don't want anyone else in it, it's sorta been my baby. Nobody has been allowed to go in since 6th grade without my permission, and I don't want them touching my baby when I go to college. Maybe I should just hide all the keys in the house, I think I have most of them already. Though, if they get really smart, they might use other pointy objects. I NEED to find a way to keep them out! I don't mind moving out, I am EXCITED to get away from this place I'm supposed to call home, but I am scared to death to leave my baby in the hands of my family. I :heart: my room, and I don't want it ruined by filthy outsiders!! !! :cry: :evil:

SilverShoelaces
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2011, 8:48 pm

I moved into an apartment earlier this summer because my college won't let me stay in the dorms anymore, but my parents are now complaining more and more about me living with roommates and telling me I should be living with them again. I can't imagine a worse fate.

rexirodkc
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

16 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

No longer living with my mom but not independent yet. Been staying with an aunt since 19 and haven't made much headway.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 9:22 pm

I only lived with my parents all of 10 years of my entire life. A year of that was as an adult.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

No, but if anyone's parents have a spare bedroom I'd be willing to move in. I can feed myself, clean some, and I'm housebroken. Free to a good home. :P

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 11:32 pm

Yes I do, and I will continue to do so until they pass away. Then I will live in an assisted living home. I'm on disability and I don't possess enough self-care skills to be independent, and besides, my parents really enjoy my company and would miss me terribly if I ever left them.

Jediyoda
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

I havent lived at home since I was 26 years old. I have been living on my own for 12 years. I do get abit of help (my Mum) with doing everyday things such as grocery shopping, orginising for what I have to do for the week, to helping make sure I do my washing every second day. My Mum gets so worried and concerned and starts crying that I will be left on the streets and I wont be able to look after myself when she passes on that she is teaching me everything so Im confident enough and that she is at piece of mind to know when she has passed on I am able to look after myself confidently on my own. piece of mind to know when she has passed on I am able to look after myself confidently on my own.

Ilka
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 12:14 pm

I ran out of my parents house when I was 23. I moved to a room some girls were renting inside their house. It was scary, but anything was better than living with my parents. My mother was/is a castrating mother always looking for the best way to turn your life into living hell, and my father would do whatever to keep her happy (as if that was possible), or to avoid listening to her yelling. I decided to move out the day my father tried to punch me because my mom was yelling because I heated some tuna in the microwave and it smelled like tuna. The micro was not dirty, just smelly. I just could not stand it anymore.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 3:04 pm

I live with my mum as my dad had just recently passed away however in the future i would like to move out.

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 10:22 pm

I'm 17 with no job, so yes 8)

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

18 Aug 2011, 12:05 am

Yes...unfortunatly I am the caretaker....for infinity I guess I dunno.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 5:50 am

Yes, because I'm still a minor. O.o

But I don't intend to live with them past 18 or 19 years of age or so; I'll go to university.

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 8:00 am

Yes but I'm in the process of moving out as I type. Probably move back home in a years time piss poor :P

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 9:59 am

I wish I didn't but sadly I still do at this very time.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

I live on my own since last November when I immigrated into Ireland. Trust me, from living with your parents to living on your own in a new country is a HUGE step! :D

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!