What do you think of the whole zombie apocolypse theory?

Page 4 of 5 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 11:54 am

Artros wrote:
I liked the movie "I am Legend" for its portrayal of how a lonely person would behave after a zombie apocalypse. I think I would actually kind of like that sort of existence, at least in theory (bad nights, though).

That was a good movie, but weren't those more vampires then zombies?

Abgal64
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2011, 1:22 pm

I simply do not believe in zombies as their is absolutely no scientific evidence for them. Thus, I am not afraid of a zombie apocalypse and I do wonder why others are. :D

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Aug 2011, 2:19 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
I would like to thank all of you for making my fear of zombies even greater :lol:

Don't worry, I'll protect you. 8)
*loads my hunting rifle*

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

18 Aug 2011, 2:21 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Join my apocalypse team? :D

You betcha I will. 8)

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:22 pm

Shotgun + claymores would also be effective.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:23 pm

If only I can get some, Sammich. :)

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 2:32 pm

It's totally legal in the US to own a shotgun for personal defense. As for the claymores, a little bit of DIY might be necessary, but I'm not going to get into that. I don't want the CIA thinking I'm going to blow something up. :lol:

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 3:09 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I'm much more scared of living humans rather than dead ones.

Amen to that. :lol:

I feel compelled to mention that I'm wearing my "Groovy" Ash t-shirt.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:36 pm

Zen wrote:
SammichEater wrote:
I'm much more scared of living humans rather than dead ones.

Amen to that. :lol:

I feel compelled to mention that I'm wearing my "Groovy" Ash t-shirt.

Klaatu... verata... necktie!

The year is still young.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2011, 4:56 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
*loads my hunting rifle*

dont worry ill be fine, believe me any zombie that comes through my front door will be dead! i dont care if i run out of bullets and i have to stab it with a knife lol, all i know is that zombie is GOIN DOWN!

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 5:10 pm

Titangeek wrote:
Artros wrote:
I liked the movie "I am Legend" for its portrayal of how a lonely person would behave after a zombie apocalypse. I think I would actually kind of like that sort of existence, at least in theory (bad nights, though).

I don't know. We're still talking about a virus that turns people into mindless eating machines. That seems more zombie-like than vampire-like to me. But, to be honest, the term vampire has been under huge inflation the past couple of years, so I might be wrong on this. I still feel like a vampire has to have some aristocratic class.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 5:15 pm

Artros wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
Artros wrote:

I don't know. We're still talking about a virus that turns people into mindless eating machines. That seems more zombie-like than vampire-like to me. But, to be honest, the term vampire has been under huge inflation the past couple of years, so I might be wrong on this. I still feel like a vampire has to have some aristocratic class.
I Am Legend is actually from the 1950s. I'd definitely put it in the zombie genre, despite the symptoms of the disease being similar to vampirism.

Edit: I should say, I've never seen the movie, just read the book.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
*loads my hunting rifle*

dont worry ill be fine, believe me any zombie that comes through my front door will be dead! i dont care if i run out of bullets and i have to stab it with a knife lol, all i know is that zombie is GOIN DOWN!

There goes my fun time. Can I help if that ever happens? :)

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 7:16 pm

Zen wrote:
Artros wrote:
Titangeek wrote:
Artros wrote:

I Am Legend is actually from the 1950s. I'd definitely put it in the zombie genre, despite the symptoms of the disease being similar to vampirism.

Edit: I should say, I've never seen the movie, just read the book.

Though they are no where near as smart as they once where, they are still some what smarter then zombies, a zombie will walk head fist into a fire, but the things in I am Legend where extremely photo sensitive (they die when in sunlight), and intentionally stayed out of it, and in the scene where his dog got bitten they sent there vampire/zombie dogs to do the dirty work rather then get shot them selves.

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Aug 2011, 7:25 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
bradt4evr wrote:
MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
*loads my hunting rifle*

There goes my fun time. Can I help if that ever happens? :)

Defenitely :D