Amount of Posts and Join Date of other forum members

Page 1 of 5 [ 71 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

How much do you care about other members Join Date and amount of Posts that they have?
I care about this a lot. Having a lot of posts or an old join date means you are a very important person, and those who dont are less important, in my opinion. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I care about this a lot, but, I think everyone's still equal regardless of amount of posts or a join date. 8%  8%  [ 2 ]
I dont really care about it, but maybe those with higher amount of posts and older join date means they might have more experience, but thats not always the case. 25%  25%  [ 6 ]
I dont care at all. This was never something important to me. 58%  58%  [ 14 ]
Total votes : 24

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2019, 1:15 am

Well, there's something I wanted to talk to you about which was kinda bothering me.
I had a forum account on WrongPlanet about 5 years ago, and my join date on that forum account was like, April or May 2014. My total posts were like only 50, or maybe even less than that. The reality is, it seems to me, even though that might not be true or accurate, that some people tend to respect other members a lot less if they have little amount of posts and their join date is relatively new - like someone who joined in the last year or newer than that.
My question is, is that really true? Does that mean, members who have an old join date of lets say, 2012 or earlier, and have over 5000 posts, that means people respect them more or they get to do or say things newer members cant?
Also, I never thought of the possibility of recovering my old account, just so I can have a join date in my profile of May 2014.
Do you guys think if my join date was May 2014 instead of Dec 2018, people on the forums would have respected me more or looked at me differently?
Yeah, it's quite bothering me. I'm very interested to find out soon.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:19 am

To me posts and join dates don't matter. I do look because I am curious to see how long they had been here and how often they have contributed.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sandpiper
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Aug 2019, 1:22 am

It's not important to me at all. I'm only interested in what people have to say, not how much they have to say or how long they have been saying it for.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:28 am

There's a member here with over 60,000 posts, almost all of which have been on the counting threads. I have a feeling most people here have never heard of him. He 'retired' from the site about 3 years ago (though made a very brief return a few weeks ago), and if he'd remained and continued posting at his previous rate, he'd probably be the 'top poster' by now (in numerical terms). I once briefly engaged with him in one of the word games, and he appeared to be pretty sharp-witted - he could probably have become a useful contributor (and still might?)...

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:29 am

DeepHour wrote:
There's a member here with over 60,000 posts, almost all of which have been on the counting threads. I have a feeling most people here have never heard of him. He 'retired' from the site about 3 years ago (though made a very brief return a few weeks ago), and if he'd remained and continued posting at his previous rate, he'd probably be the 'top poster' by now (in numerical terms). I once briefly engaged with him in one of the word games, and he appeared to be pretty sharp-witted - he could probably have become a useful contributor (and still might?)...

Cockney Rebel or Tim Tex?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 1:31 am

No!

:D

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 4:52 am

It’s a matter of “trust.”

People tend to TRUST those with more posts and who have been on WP longer. People get used to them, know what makes them tick.

There are some members who are trolls/sock puppets of previously banned people.

When I had 50 posts, nobody trusted me.

vermontsavant
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 7:21 am

I dont think anybody really cares,at least I dont.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:00 am

I don’t care, either.

I was talking about why some people do care.

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:14 am

I am on a total ego trip and very envious of those who have an earlier start date and or more posts. Or not.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:15 am

You started earlier than me, Ezra

Boo Hoo! :cry:

EzraS
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:21 am

You have 3 times more posts than I do :x

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2019, 8:27 am

My post count is caused by my fingers forcing me to type.....

Noam2353
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2019, 12:44 pm

I'm glad most of you dont care that much about amount of posts or join date. Its a good feeling to know that, because I felt I'm weaker or inferior because of my little amount of posts. Now I feel a little better about this.
Kraftiekortie, since you're one of the members with highest amount of posts on the forums. Can I ask, how did you do it exactly?
I mean, I noticed most of your posts are relatively short. So, did you achieve 60 thousand posts by typing very fast, replying to any thread you see, and keeping posts short so you can post a lot in a short time?
Is that how you did it?

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

14 Aug 2019, 3:00 pm

I don't pay much attention to that stuff & I'm not that great at remembering specif members either. I mostly intentionally pay attention to the the post count & join dates when I notice something suspicious. Like when someone makes a post talking about a specific site or product they like, I look at the join date & post count to help decide if I should report the post for being potential spam. If the member has been here a while & made a lot of posts, I assume the member is just talking about something they like; but if the member just joined & that's the 1st couple posts they make, chances are they're a bot of other spammer. I also check if the post seems trollish. Sometimes members can have bad days or just feel very passionately when debating & things become very heated for em but occasionally members do create accounts here for the intention of trolling.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2019, 4:32 pm

DeepHour wrote:
No!

:D

"Equestria to LA" ?