Page 1 of 2 [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

iceveela
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Aug 2011, 11:27 pm

I am a complete germaphobe, I will not eat anything that has been touched by another persons mouth, and I also will not drink out of a cup I left on a counter/desk (great for if I ever want to enter a bar).

At the same time... I go days without taking a bath or changing my cloths (not #1 on my priority list...). and I can wear the same outfit for more than 4 days, up to the point where people tell me I stink...

anyone else in this predicament?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

It's easy for me not to be a germaphobe. There's this really neat thing called an immune system, and it worries about all that so that I don't have to.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:52 pm

I don't have either of those issues, but I am still considered weird by those around me.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 11:52 pm

I won't drink from the same cup as someone else as for licking the same Ice cream :eew:

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:46 am

I'm NOT a germaphobe at all. I spent 10 months washing dishes at IHOP, 25 months cleaning floors at WalMart & I had to sometimes empty trash & clean bathrooms, & I spent 3 months doing custodial stuff at a sporting goods store where I had to clean bathrooms & empty trash a lot. I seldom used gloves even to clean the toilets & the only time I had gotten sick was during the remodel at WalMart in the middle of winter & I had gotten a sinus infection because I was watching a door in the back that remodel crew was going in & out of(it was very cold & rainy a lot) when I wasn't dust-moping around the remodel crew. I usually shower every night because I like feeling clean & I'm very OCDish about washing dishes(IHOP said I was one of the best they ever had) but it's not because I'm worried about germs; it's because I have low vision & bad fine motor-skills so I overcompensate for it with OCD because I'm worried about missing something.
Here's a song for all you germaphobes here~

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqSKqS91UdA[/youtube]
I mainly replied to this so I could post a comedy music vid by the great Al. I'm NOT joking

You must be, said the Cat, or you wouldn't have come here.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 9:55 pm

I don't have any fears of germs, yet I'm still considered strange.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=26&start=645

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

Yes, exactly. :lol:
People don't tell me I stink because I always bathe before leaving the house. But I work at home, so I don't leave the house for days at a time.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

SammichEater wrote:
It's easy for me not to be a germaphobe. There's this really neat thing called an immune system, and it worries about all that so that I don't have to.

:D It is really neat.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:16 pm

yea i get weird looks all the time, but im the oposite of germophobe. Example, i dropped some mints on the floor and they rolled away. I ask someone if they could pick them up and hand em to me. Then pop em in my mouth. They make a big deal of it. Yet they probably dontknow that our mouth and intesines are full of enough bacteria as it is

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:17 pm

sterfry wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

I don't trust those things. Half the time they send out troops to attack their own home.

*sneezes*

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 10:20 pm

Correct OCD medication was able to stop me being a germaphobe.

I would look into it if I was you.

mglosenger
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Aug 2011, 11:08 pm

I have less fear of germs than most people.. and I rarely get sick.. you will tend to find that upon which you fixate.. avoid the noid

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:15 pm

SammichEater wrote:

^This.

But I kinda know about the second issue if I'm not going anywhere.

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm

mglosenger wrote:
I have less fear of germs than most people.. and I rarely get sick.. you will tend to find that upon which you fixate.. avoid the noid

Well, if you avoid people, you don't get their germs. :lol: I rarely get sick either. The last time I got sick was when I agreed to do some work in an office. :evil:

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2011, 11:18 pm

Zen wrote:
sterfry wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

I don't trust those things. Half the time they send out troops to attack their own home.

*sneezes*

Gesundheit! Every army runs drills.

*breaks out in hives*