sexualizing non sexual things in comercials

Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

15 Aug 2011, 11:18 pm

you know only in America you can sexualize a comercial trying to sell you a swifter, a type of mop.

I mean really folks this is just crazy...I never thought sex would sell a floorcleaner of all things. That is the most asexual activity I can think of

any thoughts??

Jojo

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 12:30 am

Unfortunately, sex sells.

MoonMetropolis
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Aug 2011, 1:39 am

"Only in America"? You clearly have never been to Europe. Or Asia. Or anywhere, for that matter. The only countries that DON'T have sexual advertisements are the Middle-Eastern ones, and that's only because they are ruled by oppressive religious dictatorships. You know, the kind of oppressive religious dictatorships that reactionary Christian conservatives would just love to have in this country.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/268572923155605/ <--- Join the Wrong Planet Facebook group... or else.

Ambivalence
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 5:59 am

jojobean wrote:
I never thought sex would sell a floorcleaner of all things. That is the most asexual activity I can think of

any thoughts??

That you'd be surprised at the enjoyment I've seen from someone using a floor buffing machine? :lol:

The year is still young.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 6:00 am

They are using sexual innuendo to advertise a TV service provider here in the UK.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:01 am

There was once this Lipton Pasta Dishes commercial where this man complains about the hot dog in his pasta. I took it as a hint that his wife wanted sex, so she put the wiener in there.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:07 am

My all time favorite, a print ad for deodorant.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 7:25 am

Those ads remind me that I'm missing something - a hampton.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

16 Aug 2011, 3:40 pm

jojobean wrote:
you know only in America you can sexualize a comercial trying to sell you a swifter, a type of mop.

I mean really folks this is just crazy...I never thought sex would sell a floorcleaner of all things. That is the most asexual activity I can think of

any thoughts??

Jojo

The parody songs of those commercials are even worse

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=713kbHsRzxs&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2011, 4:27 pm

Sex is everywhere in society because people are sex obsessed. Plain and simple!

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

17 Aug 2011, 11:45 pm

Aimless wrote:

I really dont get this one...what is wrong with that foot...it is anatomically incorrect
Also needs to be an ad for a razor

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2011, 11:49 pm

Ambivalence wrote:
jojobean wrote:
I never thought sex would sell a floorcleaner of all things. That is the most asexual activity I can think of

any thoughts??

That you'd be surprised at the enjoyment I've seen from someone using a floor buffing machine? :lol:

:lmao:
Reminds me of a guy I knew who loved to hump inanimate objects like light polls or anything that stayed still for 5 minutes. He wanted to go out with me, but I just couldnt date someone that obessed with his hormones.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 4:46 am

jojobean wrote:
Aimless wrote:

I really dont get this one...what is wrong with that foot...it is anatomically incorrect
Also needs to be an ad for a razor

It's an armpit apparently, the feet make it even more ridiculous.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2011, 8:02 am

MoonMetropolis wrote:
"Only in America"? You clearly have never been to Europe. Or Asia. Or anywhere, for that matter. The only countries that DON'T have sexual advertisements are the Middle-Eastern ones, and that's only because they are ruled by oppressive religious dictatorships. You know, the kind of oppressive religious dictatorships that reactionary Christian conservatives would just love to have in this country.

Yeah, that's right!! So!! Maybe those kinds of attitudes will keep baby products from being sexualized too. Personally, I'm sick and tired of everything being sexualized. I don't want to hump a mop. I'd just like to clean my f'n floors with it. What's next: "This mop is excellent for cleaning up spilled jizz?!" Comedy shows should do skits on sexualizing hearing aids and walkers. It would be a great laugh. Oh, by the way, does the c**t come with the car? After awhile, this kind of advertisement really chews at your nerves especially if you are a serious consumer looking for a good product. Sex has become the opium of the masses. People forget what it's actually for. Reactionary Christian conservatives would like the world to be much more than a great big revolving whore house. Sex sells only if you're buying. I say boycott!! !

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

22 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

I wouldn't have believed it if I didn't see it myself, but they have sexualized textbooks. What will they come up with next?
So the message is "If you don't have to waste all your time buying textbooks (cause that takes all of 15 minutes?) you'll have more time to get laid." :roll:

universeofone
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Aug 2011, 10:30 pm

It's a bit surprising that they haven't sexed up washing machine spin cycles yet. :?