Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:28 am

..when WP had the list of who was online?
... When WP had 600 members?

I originally joined because it was the largest online community for aspies with 650 members. Was cool as. All the others had about 50.

I also remember when Alex was a regular poster here.

Man nothing stays the same.

What are your old WP memories?

Laz
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:37 am

Peadofiles from Finland

That bloke who went around killing people in California who posted on this site. Willard or something

People who actually helped alex set this site up were the admins and moderators on here :P

Quote:
Man nothing stays the same.

Your still a miserable "the pint is half empty" swine as you were back then you've just mellowed and gone black. It's true what they say, once you go black you don't go back

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:50 am

Laz wrote:
That bloke who went around killing people in California who posted on this site. Willard or something

I wasn't around in those days, but I found out recently that this happened in Aliso Viejo (my town) about 1 mile from where I live... 8O

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:51 am

Does that wolf have braces?

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:52 am

Grisha wrote:
Laz wrote:

I wasn't around in those days, but I found out recently that this happened in Aliso Viejo (my town) about 1 mile from where I live... 8O

Yikes, freaky. Did anyone find out why he killed those people? He seemed to target specific people.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:52 am

Grisha wrote:
Laz wrote:

I think Willard lives in Arkansas and only kills people metaphorically.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 6:55 am

I also remember those days. We were talking about the day that we will have 1000 members. I was also into Austin Powers movies and I was going through my second brief period as a Beatles Fan. I was also interested in Swinging London like I am now. I was also wearing glasses that I didn't really need because I thought they made me look intelligent. I should have listened to the optometrist and not kept the glasses.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:00 am

CockneyRebel wrote:
I also remember those days. We were talking about the day that we will have 1000 members. I was also into Austin Powers movies and I was going through my second brief period as a Beatles Fan. I was also interested in Swinging London like I am now. I was also wearing glasses that I didn't really need because I thought they made me look intelligent. I should have listened to the optometrist and not kept the glasses.

Hey I remember that! You liked Austin Powers.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:05 am

hale_bopp wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Laz wrote:

Yikes, freaky. Did anyone find out why he killed those people? He seemed to target specific people.

It sounded like maybe they bullied him, One of them was a younger girl, so maybe he had a crush on her? Who knows? Whatever it was they didn't deserve to die for it...

What's really scary is that if I was around in those days, I might have hung out with the guy...

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:07 am

Grisha wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Laz wrote:

It sounded like maybe they bullied him, One of them was a younger girl, so maybe he had a crush on her? Who knows? Whatever it was they didn't deserve to die for it...

What's really scary is that if I was around in those days, I might have hung out with the guy...

Yeah it's quite frightening. I can understand that aspies get pushed to the limit especially during meltdown, but a lot of u have the power to try and control that when we are in a good place.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:13 am

Hmm, I don't have memories so much.

My personal WP phases

1. Initial contact, posting like a crazy idiot (that went on for about a year)
2. The moderator years
3. The not sure have asperger's years
4. ???

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:21 am

hale_bopp wrote:
CockneyRebel wrote:

Hey I remember that! You liked Austin Powers.

Yeah, Baby! :P

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:25 am

The member Moog reminds me of a triangle. I don't know why.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

My WP Phases

1: Austin Powers and the 60s
2: Mourning the loss of the Routemaster
3: The Punk phase after a favourite member turned on me
4: Me as I really am, since the September of 2009

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

hale_bopp wrote:
Grisha wrote:
hale_bopp wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Laz wrote:

Yeah it's quite frightening. I can understand that aspies get pushed to the limit especially during meltdown, but a lot of u have the power to try and control that when we are in a good place.

I went back and found the article - at the time they thought it may have been random - I wonder if there were any clues in his WP posts? Alex apparently provided them to the police...

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20051030/ap_on_re_us/neighborhood_rampage
This was on TV earlier today.

By GILLIAN FLACCUS, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 15 minutes ago

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. - A 19-year-old in a black cape and a paintball mask went on a shooting rampage Saturday in his upscale Southern California neighborhood, killing a man and his daughter before committing suicide, authorities said.

William Freund also fired shots into another house and confronted a neighbor outside, said Orange County Sheriff's Department spokesman Jim Amormino.

A neighbor said Freund had attended high school with one of the victims, but police don't believe the two knew each other.

"It may have been random," Amormino said.

Freund left his home about 9 a.m. and drove less than 100 yards to a house where he killed Vernon Smith, 45, and daughter Christina Smith, 22, with a shotgun, Amormino said. A 20-year-old son escaped after hearing shots.

Freund then walked across the street and fired into another house, Amormino said. A person inside suffered cuts from broken glass.

Another neighbor heard the commotion, came outside and was confronted by the teen, who tried to fire his weapon. When it misfired, Freund went back to his own house and committed suicide, Amormino said.

Neighbor Katherine Anderson, 15, said Freund and Christina Smith had attended Aliso Miguel High School together.

Anderson, whose older brother had given Freund a ride to school, described Freund as "a real quiet guy."

Other neighbors said Freund would sit in front of his house and play guitar for hours at a time.

Police tape blocked off much of the large subdivision in the hills above Aliso Viejo, a wealthy section of south Orange County.

Built in 1995, the neighborhood of mostly beige two-story homes was described by residents as a family community where people often socialized.

The Smith house was known for its holiday decorations, including multiple Christmas trees put up each season and a snow village in the bay window.

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2011, 7:26 am

They moved all of his posts to the mods forum if I recall correctly.