What do you do that is not socially acceptable?

Page 1 of 7 [ 102 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

grasshopper048
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Sep 2011, 3:39 pm

Inspired by the "If it were socially acceptable, I would..." thread: What DO you already do that is not socially acceptable?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 3:44 pm

I belch in public.

Rich-Z
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:06 pm

Somethimes slacking off on being polite and social stuff a bit because it doesn't come that naturally to me yet and at times staying in my own world of toughts for a while.
Also somethimes being/acting quite unintrested, negative, irritated, sarcastic or/and stressed wich can in result make me act sort of anti social.

Last edited by Rich-Z on 04 Sep 2011, 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:08 pm

When I have soup and it gets to the bottom I just pick up the bowl and drink the rest of it. I guess that isn't proper but I'm not sure how big a deal it is.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:36 pm

Go for a walk with a camera in hand and take pictures of random stuff nobody cares about while I dance around and pull my hair/rub my cheek.

Megz
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:40 pm

I don't shave my legs. I let some of my animals lick my face. I occasionally share food with some of my animals (my dogs and some of the female goats). Yeah it's weird, but I haven't gotten any strange diseases or anything.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 4:42 pm

1) I think for myself.
2) I express my thoughts freely.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

04 Sep 2011, 4:59 pm

I don't shave my legs more than once every two months. I hate the feeling of a razor, even when I use that fancy shave gel they're selling these days. I shave my pits though, that's a must.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 5:12 pm

I let my cat sit on my lap while I'm eating, and let her go on the table. I guess I do that mostly when no one is around, so I don't know if it really counts.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 6:33 pm

I am an anime geek.
Sort of related to the above, I greatly enjoy certain types of fanart and fanfiction that are not very acceptable to some people. I won't go into detail because I don't want this thread to get locked.
I run around in circles at the park while listening to music.
I rarely ever sit with my legs closed due to it being uncomfortable.
I never went to high school.
I live with my parents.
I don't have a job.

Now for some gross ones:

I don't shave my body hair unless someone calls me out on it.
I pick my nose.
I pick my zits.
I fart out loud and find toilet humor in general to be hilarious.

sluice
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 6:40 pm

Sometimes I'll catch myself muttering and talking to myself, especially when I am doing something like driving. I am not really bothered so much by it, but other people can find it amusing or weird. Also, I can get into a mode where I am walking about twice as fast as everyone around me when I feel rushed or anxious. People seem to move slowly anyhow. Sometimes, I can't be bothered by moving at everyone else's pace.

AnonymousPasserBy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Sep 2011, 7:11 pm

I might get really distracted during conversations and instead of talking or listening entertain myself with much more interesting activies such as counting stars, watching ants transport breadcrumbs, or observe the wind blowing through trees.

edit: grammar x)

JPanzer
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 8:30 pm

*I probably shave once every two or three weeks.
*I have a habit of scribbling bits of programming code that I suddenly realise I need on my arms which most people find odd, but apparently scrawling a crude marker pen penis is acceptable.
*I pick my nose. I don't mean to, it just seems to happen.
*I hum Land of Hope and Glory. Loudly.

IdahoRose wrote:
I am an anime geek.
Sort of related to the above, I greatly enjoy certain types of fanart and fanfiction that are not very acceptable to some people. I won't go into detail because I don't want this thread to get locked.

Neither will I. :wink:

Titangeek
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 10:25 pm

CockneyRebel wrote:
I belch in public.

^That.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Apparently I am supposed to kiss butt. I really don't get why people should.

I think everyone picks their nose.

One period of time as an adult I thought I didn't need to shower that much and was explicitly told to do so she made sure I did. She said I hadn't showered in a week but I think it was less time than that. Three days maybe, I'm not sure, it could have been five days but that's stretching it. I know it wasn't seven days. If I don't get sweaty I will go two days still. People in others countries don't shower every day. I was trying to save water and thought it was unnecessary. I was wrong.

I wear the same pants all the time.

People have got offended by me because I couldn't converse.

Also, I don't smile back to people very well. A couple years ago this girl smiling at me was offended that I didn't smile back and I felt bad about that. But I often just don't because it doesn't occur to me. or come natural sometimes, unless I already feel like smiling.

I also find toilet and bodily fluid humor funny.

diniesaur
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2011, 11:08 pm

How am I socially unacceptable? Let me count the ways...
I pick my nose. I burp, I fart, I don't EVER shave my legs, I talk about leg hair to people, I talk about my imaginary penis, I talk about masturbating, I talk about my suicide attempt and all the crazy sh*t that went with it to random people, I tickle people whenever I want, I sleep with my stuffed animals and baby blankies at the age of 17 and I TELL people about it, I accidentally stare at people, I laugh whenever I think something is funny (even if it was in my own head and has nothing to do with anything that's going on at the moment), I have a meltdown whenever someone tries to MURDER a bug, I argue with people when they're wrong, and [deep breath] I tell people the truth when they ask if they're attractive.