The Stuffed Animal Appreciation Thread

Page 1 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 12:09 am

I've decided to do an appreciation thread for stuffed animals. I have ten of them, along the top of my couch, in all shapes, sizes and colours. They're the first things that I see, when I wake up, in the morning, apart from my twins, Sid and Sidney, who sleep with me. I love any kind of animal. I find that I don't miss my dog as much, since I have my stuffed animals and my two Sids, within my sight. :heart:

dork-hadou
Butterfly
Butterfly

01 Mar 2008, 1:24 am

Haha, I still have nearly every stuffed animal I ever owned! I must have at least fifty or sixty. Seven of them are walruses, my favorite animal, and I still sleep with my stuffed Marshmallow Peep. I am pathetic and loving it.

Mum2ASDboy
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 2:08 am

ok altho I am NT I used to have lots of soft toys, some animals but now Damo has got all but 2.

Ok here is my humble appreciation for........ BLUE TEDDY!! ! Blue Teddy can help Damo feel better when I can't, Blue teddy gets played with, Blue Teddy seems to be his confidant.

Now if only Blue Teddy could get that boy to stay in his bed and not come in here and tell me days of the week :x :lol:

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 3:48 am

I have *so* many stuffies.

This is wolfie, my stuffed wolf, and Kasevam, me and OWA's stuffed raccoon.

and this is OWA trying to block me from taking a pic, with his stuffed fox, Teh Foxxor. I gave him Teh foxxor for christmas.

I have 9 webkinz, which is what teh raccoon is.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:09 am

I have a big Siberian husky plush named Diamond. I haven't played with her in a long time, so I ought to today.

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 10:17 am

I have a lot of stuffed toys, mainly cats, especially Siamese cats. My favorite stuffed animals are from the Italian Avanti company. They're so plush and cuddly, and so real-looking.

LostInEmulation
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 11:12 am

I love my plushed Tuxen and Geekoj and other plushed animals. I have 21 plushed Tuxen and 4 Geekoj, who sleep in my bed, Currently, my favorite Tux is next to me, surveying the installation of Debian into a VM.

Penguins cannot fly because what cannot fly cannot crash!

AndersTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 2:16 pm

I have but one stuffed animal; the rhino Cuddles (Translated roughly from danish) I got him when I was 3 and he isn't going anywhere...
Although almost 15 years takes a lot out of a plus, especially if you have had dogs and cats the whole time

SilverProteus
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2008, 8:49 pm

http://www.logicalcreativity.com/jon/plush/01.html

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 8:01 pm

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 9:14 pm

My first stuffed toy was from the German Steiff company, the toys with the button in the ear ("Knopf im Ohr"). It was Cosy Siam, a Siamese cat. The very first Beanie Baby I ever got was Snip, also a Siamese.

Aridarr
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 9:23 pm

I have an obscenely huge collection of stuffed animals, some of them dating back to my early childhood.

My first was a little fuzzy hedgehog named Baby Hedgie.

In the past, I would always go for the realistic versions of real creatures (leosco, anna club...). More recently, I have begun collecting more unusual things; I have a Headcrab and Vortigaunt from Half-life 2, an Alien 3 Alien Queen Chestburster and a Hydra that I found at Forbidden Planet.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2008, 10:28 pm

ShadesOfMe wrote:
I have *so* many stuffies.

This is wolfie, my stuffed wolf, and Kasevam, me and OWA's stuffed raccoon.

and this is OWA trying to block me from taking a pic, with his stuffed fox, Teh Foxxor. I gave him Teh foxxor for christmas.

I have 9 webkinz, which is what teh raccoon is.

Those are cute. :)

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

03 Mar 2008, 12:12 am

I used to have a lof of soft toys as a young child. Although now I don't have any of them. I remember one I "rescued" from kindergarten one day...they were throwing away a lot of old toys and one of them I asked to keep.
I used to take it everywhere with me...to the playground, in the car, to bed at night, to the dinner table etc.
One day I cut off it's long hair and became upset when my mother told me that it wouldn't grow back! :lol: Never the less...I still took it everywhere with me.
It's name was the most unusual name ever...I named it "Tickle-egg". It had an egg shaped head...but I have no idea where the "tickle" part in the name came from.
It was more like a rag-doll that an actual soft toy though. I think that it's still at my nanas house in the garage.

I remember another soft toy that I had. It was a grey cat. My mother bought it for me from the store. It was really cheap as it had a missing eye. Since it had a missing eye...I named it "Pirate". This one replaced "Tickle-egg".
I actually used to get angry at Pirate...like I did with real people...it was odd. 8O

I could write a whole book about my adventures with my soft toys haha.

Wistaria
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Mar 2008, 7:19 pm

Taxidermy? :wink:

Just kidding. I'm not a fan of dolls, but I still adore a few specific plush dolls I own, including two I've had since I was a baby. My most recent favourite addition is a Tonberry, though, I guess that doesn't qualify for a stuffed animal because it's a fictional creature. So in that case, I'll go for my second-most recent favourite: A Frog that doubles as a hand-puppet.

Ana54
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2008, 7:30 pm

I have 8 special bears that are very similar to each other. Charity, Chastity, Byron, Yeesha and Sirrus are exactly the same product; they started out with red bows around their necks and light brown eyes and roundish black noses within big white snouts. Lars, Achenar and Arianna are also the same product but not the same as Charity and them, but they're very similar. They have smaller, more square noses and dark green eyes, and came wearing red hats with green trim and holes for the ears and red scarves, rather than the red bow, but otherwise are exactly the same.