Page 2 of 3 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Which Pony do you feel is the most likely to be Autistic?
Twilight Sparkle 36%  36%  [ 18 ]
Pinkie Pie 4%  4%  [ 2 ]
Fluttershy 28%  28%  [ 14 ]
Derpy Hooves/ Ditzy Doo 18%  18%  [ 9 ]
Other (Please Specify) 14%  14%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 50

Raindance
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Oct 2011, 8:20 am

According to some, you can get autistic horses. Meet Benny. http://www.facebook.com/pages/Benny-the ... 8602404793
Whether or not an animal can be classed as autistic, i dont know, i think it would be to hard to actually understand how the mind of an animal works. What is normal, and what is not? Its too subjective really.

I have horses, and we use them for special needs people, disadvantaged people, and they can be used for autistic people aswell. Its a pretty well known concept that autistic people really do benefit from the interaction with horses, its certainly helped me over the years. I much prefer being around horses than people.

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 8:44 am

Note my avatar

But, none of them are really autistic, but Fluttershy seems to have avoident personality disorder. And the great Trixie could have narcisism.

I don't really identify with any of them, I'm to opinionated and dominating for Fluttershy, I'm to cautious for Rainbow Dash and I'm not fun enough to be Pinkie Pie.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 12:32 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
None of them. They're freakin' cartoon ponies. Aspects of their personalities are supposed to be exaggerated, just like every other fictional character. That's why everybody always picks out characters they reckon are autistic, because they recognise and empathise with those exaggerated personality traits.
You could diagnose every character with a mental disorder if you tried hard enough. And it really bugs me when people try.

....yeah, I put this in too serious of a board.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 1:19 pm

Guineapigged wrote:
None of them. They're freakin' cartoon ponies. Aspects of their personalities are supposed to be exaggerated, just like every other fictional character. That's why everybody always picks out characters they reckon are autistic, because they recognise and empathise with those exaggerated personality traits.
You could diagnose every character with a mental disorder if you tried hard enough. And it really bugs me when people try.

This, so much this.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 2:27 pm

Ok, I guess I really should have given this thread a different title, thrown it in the random board or somewhere else, and mentioned how this isn't serious, and yes, I understand that is just a cartoon and that the characters are exaggerated, and none of them are meant to be autistic or anything, its just a hypothetical "Assuming that one of the ponies was autistic, which pony is the most likely to be the autistic one?". Sorry for all the misunderstandings, I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 2:30 pm

I don't know... I don't really think any of them would have enough traits, but maybe Fluttershy.

MagicMeerkat
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 9:21 pm

I idenify a lot with Fluttershy. Let's see, I relate better to other species and tend to snap when you least expect it. I was more like Rainbow Dash as a kid but the constant abuse and bullying made me phobic of other people and made me more like Fluttershy. Twlight Sparkle seems too NT to me. She seems the most "normal" out of all the ponies. I already mintioned Fluttershy. Rainbow Dash is a tomboy obsessed with speed, Pinkie Pie is neurotic, Applejack is a workaholic farm girl and Rarity is a fashion obsessed Diva. Twlight Sparkle seems to be the most normal out of all of them. Sure she's a bookworm. but a lot of the bookworms I've known were NT. Twlight Sparkle also just seems too socialy aware compared to the others. Also, if Celestia is a princess, where is the king? Cartoons like Sonic SatAM have a princess character that is the leader of the group, but at least he's still around. The king of Equstria isn't even mintioned. You're not really a princess, Celestia! You just took the title because it sounds cute. Take some authority! You're a queen! Queen it up, b***h!

Last edited by MagicMeerkat on 09 Oct 2011, 9:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 9:29 pm

I'm a lot like Fluttershy.

SyphonFilter
Veteran
Veteran

Location: The intersection of Inkopolis’ Plaza & Square where the Turf Wars lie.

10 Oct 2011, 11:50 am

Callista wrote:
None of them. They are all too socially astute.

I suppose an awkward, bookish type of character could fit into the show just fine, though. That would be nice.

League_Girl--it's a pretty typical trend of the sort you see in NT society all the time. This one makes some kind of sense, though, because the show is well-made and entertaining even if you aren't a little kid. Its popularity was probably due initially to its quality, but after that just due to the snowball effect.

I've seen a couple of episodes, and if it weren't for my general dislike of sitting still long enough to watch a TV show, I would probably be a casual fan. I'm one of those adults who refuses to leave behind "kid" things. Especially, in my case, kids' books. Some of the best books ever were written for kids. Chronicles of Narnia, anyone?
The Narnia books are where it's at!

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 5:26 pm

I think Twilight proved herself to be a total Aspie in the new episode "Lesson zero".

[img][800:467]http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111025114430/mlp/images/thumb/b/b1/Twilight_Sparkle_Magic_kindergarten_S2E3.png/830px-Twilight_Sparkle_Magic_kindergarten_S2E3.png[/img]
Twilight Sparkle: Bad? Bad? Of course it's bad! I'm supposed to send Princess Celestia a letter every week telling her a lesson I've learned about friendship! Not every other week! Not every ten days! EVERY! SINGLE! WEEK!
She totally missed the point LOL.

Now pinky pie I totally think she's bipolar or schzioaffective. Even though she's happy and bubbly she's also been severely depressed, twitchy, paranoid, psychotic, and delusional.
[img][800:473]http://images.wikia.com/mlp/images/a/a1/Newfriends.png[/img]

Angel_ryan
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:31 am

Ganondox wrote:
Ok, I guess I really should have given this thread a different title, thrown it in the random board or somewhere else, and mentioned how this isn't serious, and yes, I understand that is just a cartoon and that the characters are exaggerated, and none of them are meant to be autistic or anything, its just a hypothetical "Assuming that one of the ponies was autistic, which pony is the most likely to be the autistic one?". Sorry for all the misunderstandings, I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything.

Don't feel bad I know what you meant. Thanks for posting this. I do find stuff like this fun. That's why I take Quizilla which character are you? Quizzes from my fav tv shows and stuff. It's fun to make comparisons to things, especially yourself and the things you like. (^_^)

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2011, 11:40 am

I never watched the new show but when I was a kid I had a large collection of My Little Ponies that I liked to play with and now I wish I had never given them away. I never got the stable (too expensive) but I had the dream castle, waterfall, and the carrying case stall.

Tokiodarling21
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Oct 2012, 4:22 am

With Twilight Sparkle i can see some aspie-ness. but with Pinkie Pie, I think she could have some kind of mental health issue (possible personality disorder. One side, her bubbly happy side is Pinkie Pie, another, her psycho creepy side is Pinkamena) and as for Fluttershy, I see a lot of myself in her (maybe that's why I like her so much! XD) She's shy in certain situations, she doesn't like when other ponies laugh at her and she doesn't like being in large crowds. She also doesn't like to be center of attention (I wasn't going to put this b/c it's one thing that makes me and Fluttershy different) but when she is, she tries her best to shine. She tries to best to overcome all the hurdles that come with her struggles that make her her. She also has a love for animals and knows a lot about them. So I think Fluttershy could also fall into the aspie catagory.

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 6:58 am

My first/second thread still exists? Can this be moved or something?

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Oct 2012, 7:34 am

[Moved from General Autism Discussion to Random Discussion]

Done! :wink:

conundrum
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2012, 1:01 pm

Going purely on canon: definitely Twilight. Interestingly, I relate to her, Pinkie, Fluttershy AND Derpy, for different reasons.

Going on fanon, I would add Derpy (we haven't seen enough of her in the show itself to be sure).

Glad this thread is still alive. :D When it started, I had never watched FIM--it's part of the reason I became curious about it.

Thank you, Ganondox! 8)

so that the people say,
'It happened of its own accord.' -Tao Te Ching, Verse 17