Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 1:44 pm

I dont, and I dont really understand how people can cry because they are happy, either... Can anyone else relate?

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 1:45 pm

I get tears of joy. But I'm a very emotional person.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Dec 2008, 1:47 pm

no ive never gottern tears of joy either. it doesnt seem like it would be a real condition

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 1:48 pm

A couple of years ago, I would have said the same thing, OP. Since then I actually did have it happen on a couple of occasions.. it is really quite confusing and strange.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

18 Dec 2008, 1:51 pm

does it feel like zero gravity? :lol:

NocturnalQuilter
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 2:56 pm

When not on my meds I can be a very manic person- prone to crying during sappy commercials on television, that sorta thing. The end of The Color Purple, the reuniting scene makes me a blubbering mess every time- and I've seen it like a dozen times or more. It's a bitter-sweet scene but my mascarra runs down around my nipples every time I watch it.

ETA: I think "tears of joy" is more about relief and release. People can tend to cry after hearing good news about a loved one who was in a terrible car accident- that kinda thing. They are relieved at having something good come about after a tragic event.

mitharatowen
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 3:01 pm

^ It can be.. but in my case I was actually crying because I was happy, not relieved. So it's not only that.

Its really weird to be having all the physical symptoms of crying but have a very joyful feeling in your heart. It seems that any kind of very intense emotion can produce crying. *shrug*

Mage
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 4:25 pm

I can cry from being happy, sad or angry. Crying from angry would be most common for me.

18 Dec 2008, 4:40 pm

I don't understand it either. I have never cried because I was happy. In fact I used to get confused why people would cry over good stuff and people would tell me "She is happy" and I would wonder "but why is she crying?" and I kept getting the same answer every time. :wall:

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 5:59 pm

I often cry (= have tears) from laughing too much. but never because of being happy...

I only ever cry on meltdowns and when thinking of the very few bad things I did and feel ashamed of.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 6:45 pm

I very often laugh at times when other people are angry or sad and cry when other people are laughing. I'm sometimes out of sync. I find it perfectly normal.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 9:05 pm

I've had a stomach-ache of joy before. Any strong emotions have that effect on me.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

LazySlacker
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 9:09 pm

Yes, all the time. In fact, I think I just shed a tear right now.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 9:47 pm

I cry out of happiness sometimes. It usually happens when I feel the Holy Spirit inside me during a song of worship; the two songs most likely to make me experience this are "You Are Mine" by David Haas and "You Raise Me Up" by Josh Groban.

I also remember crying during a couple of times when my cats had kittens. And I almost cried at the end of the Hellsing manga, because I was so happy that SPOILER Seras, Integra and Alucard were all still alive and well.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 11:05 pm

I cry when I get really emontional about something, so happiness would fall into that category, sure. Let's just say I cry when I'm touched by something. Whatever that something is.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

18 Dec 2008, 11:09 pm

anna-banana wrote:
I often cry (= have tears) from laughing too much. but never because of being happy...

I only ever cry on meltdowns and when thinking of the very few bad things I did and feel ashamed of.

I've had my eyes water from laughing before. Not recently though.

I don't cry very easily but when I do it's usually accompanied by a feeling of relief. All the tension, anger, sadness, or whatever flows out and I feel like I can think clearly again.