No 23%  23%  [ 37 ]
No 27%  27%  [ 43 ]
Total votes : 162

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 4:23 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:
I'm not a big fan of furries. I'm not a hater, but the subculture, or whatever, has given the world a lot of freaky animal fetishists. And I don't always appreciate coming across random... and very strange humanimal images in Google.

Another thing that is confusing is that people talk about it being more of a spiritual thing. Like... that they feel that the animal they've chosen is a part of who they are, personality wise... so why are most of them foxes, and dogs, cats, wolves, dragons, ect? There are millions of different species of animals out there just like there are millions of different personalities.

So why not be true to one's personality? Even if they're say... a triops? Or a horseshoe crab? Or a tarantula?

It would be more true to form if some girl came in wearing a tarantula fur outfit, because her personality fit that.

"I build webs around myself, I have a mildly venomous bite, and I rarely eat things... but when I do it's to suck the living juices out of them." I.E., anorexic gold digger. I am so spot on!

Not many people are very fond of things like triops. They tend to choose animals that they are very fond, and thus most people have animals like dogs and cats. I've teased about having a triop fursona before though. I love Triops.

The people who are spiritual about it are called otherkin, therianthropes, or lifestylers.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 5:05 pm

ShenLong wrote:
AnnettaMarie wrote:
I'm not a big fan of furries. I'm not a hater, but the subculture, or whatever, has given the world a lot of freaky animal fetishists. And I don't always appreciate coming across random... and very strange humanimal images in Google.

Another thing that is confusing is that people talk about it being more of a spiritual thing. Like... that they feel that the animal they've chosen is a part of who they are, personality wise... so why are most of them foxes, and dogs, cats, wolves, dragons, ect? There are millions of different species of animals out there just like there are millions of different personalities.

So why not be true to one's personality? Even if they're say... a triops? Or a horseshoe crab? Or a tarantula?

It would be more true to form if some girl came in wearing a tarantula fur outfit, because her personality fit that.

"I build webs around myself, I have a mildly venomous bite, and I rarely eat things... but when I do it's to suck the living juices out of them." I.E., anorexic gold digger. I am so spot on!

Not many people are very fond of things like triops. They tend to choose animals that they are very fond, and thus most people have animals like dogs and cats. I've teased about having a triop fursona before though. I love Triops.

The people who are spiritual about it are called otherkin, therianthropes, or lifestylers.

cool like whole community.

but yeah it tends to go with what you like, i feel no kinship with the fox\hedgehog\robot\porupine\wolf\dragon on a personal level beyond just just liking the animal in general. i should have more dragons though i love dragons.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jan 2012, 11:20 pm

I think that it would be much more interesting to have people dressed as a ton of different animals!

I looked at some of the suits online. I'm not looking to make a suit, but I am hoping to start making realistic plush sculptures this summer and thought, "If I can find tutorials on how to make the faces, buy supplies, ect, I'll be all ready to go!"

I stumbled across this: http://qarrezel.deviantart.com/
This person has amazing costumes!

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 12:00 am

AnnettaMarie wrote:
I think that it would be much more interesting to have people dressed as a ton of different animals!

I looked at some of the suits online. I'm not looking to make a suit, but I am hoping to start making realistic plush sculptures this summer and thought, "If I can find tutorials on how to make the faces, buy supplies, ect, I'll be all ready to go!"

I stumbled across this: http://qarrezel.deviantart.com/
This person has amazing costumes!

amazing does do his work justice, his stuff looks almost real. he has to be a pro designer or he has one hell of a talent. i will agree foxes are a bit common as well as hedgehogs, i try to branch out as often as i can but it's easier if i have an image to use as a ref. because i use the more cartoonish sonic style of anthro almost every animal type has to be redesigned and adapted to the cartoon-like style. which is why it's easier to go from what is already well known and has an established design.

sculptures, cool i sculpt with clay every now and then, but yeah it's hard to find guides on how to design parts of sculptures, i was looking for something that could help with a human face, ended up having to wing it. so if you find a site that as sculpture tips, can i get a link?

i have made a few clay characters, they aren't easy to make. i also made the world of warcraft motorcycle, it was a challenge but getting in the game was worse.

anyway i would post pics of my work, but i don't feel safe here anymore. most likely i would post a topic and get hate for it. that's the story of life on the net.

ConcreteBalloon
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jan 2012, 12:31 am

I am a gay furry! x3

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 1:16 am

ConcreteBalloon wrote:
I am a gay furry! x3

exactly why i no longer feel safe here. i can't see stuff like this without lashing out in some way. and the fact that the rules say my freedom of opinion is not tolerated doesn't make it any better.

and that is why i'm leaving, i'm not going to belong to a group who says it is dedicated to helping people coop with life and a mental handicap and then turns around and stabs you in the back with a rule like that. because this fad is where half my issues come from.

by the way not trying to offend, but posted i was leaving the thread was locked and now moog thinks i have personal issues, at least he had the decency to stop the attacks on me. at least one person can show respect.

i don't hate the people that think they are gay, i hate the fad it turned into. i can't browse da without seeing something disturbing now.

AnnettaMarie
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 3:03 am

Jetfox wrote:

exactly why i no longer feel safe here. i can't see stuff like this without lashing out in some way. and the fact that the rules say my freedom of opinion is not tolerated doesn't make it any better.

and that is why i'm leaving, i'm not going to belong to a group who says it is dedicated to helping people coop with life and a mental handicap and then turns around and stabs you in the back with a rule like that. because this fad is where half my issues come from.

by the way not trying to offend, but posted i was leaving the thread was locked and now moog thinks i have personal issues, at least he had the decency to stop the attacks on me. at least one person can show respect.

i don't hate the people that think they are gay, i hate the fad it turned into. i can't browse da without seeing something disturbing now.

I don't even know you, so I have no reason to disrespect you in any way. Not that if I did, I would have a reason to then, either. (I kind of come across as tongue and cheek most of the time, and I worry that if read wrong it will sound critical, or demeaning to people, when I'm really just trying to be humorous to deflect the nervousness of being new here. So, I'm waiting for the day when someone calls me out and says, "Hey! You're kind of sounding rude, Miss Lady!")

I agree with the weird stuff, though. Almost every other day, I go onto D.A. and find a picture of a My Little Pony character with her bum sticking out with a provocative posture. And I'm pretty sure those characters are supposed to be ... under aged... little... cartoon...horses.... And that's beyond creepy to me.

However, I have been looking up different (I guess they're called fursuits, not fur outfits like I'd previously stated) websites on fursuits for tutorials on foam and wire sculpting. I never even thought of using foam blocks for the stuffed animals, but it totally makes sense! I can use wire to strengthen the foam before applying faux fur over it! And the websites have a ton of different links to great places to buy fabrics and eyes and things. I'm suuuper excited! :D I was trying to find tutorials online, but most people want to sell the instructions, and I just don't want to buy something if I can't see how it's made before I do. I need to know if I'm up for it. Don't want to spend 15 bucks on a manual, only to find out that it wasn't what I was looking for.

So, though I may not be a furry, I can appreciate the time and money invested in making those outfits.

Also, I'm not sure if this helps, but it has some info on face casting. I'm sure that the instructions could be modified a bit:
Face Casting
Head Casting
I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for, or if you're looking to sculpt a face from clay.

Also, to ShenLong: Triops are awesome! I wish the ones sitting on my computer desk didn't die so quickly. D= I miss them.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2012, 4:38 pm

AnnettaMarie wrote:
Jetfox wrote:

I don't even know you, so I have no reason to disrespect you in any way. Not that if I did, I would have a reason to then, either. (I kind of come across as tongue and cheek most of the time, and I worry that if read wrong it will sound critical, or demeaning to people, when I'm really just trying to be humorous to deflect the nervousness of being new here. So, I'm waiting for the day when someone calls me out and says, "Hey! You're kind of sounding rude, Miss Lady!")

I agree with the weird stuff, though. Almost every other day, I go onto D.A. and find a picture of a My Little Pony character with her bum sticking out with a provocative posture. And I'm pretty sure those characters are supposed to be ... under aged... little... cartoon...horses.... And that's beyond creepy to me.

However, I have been looking up different (I guess they're called fursuits, not fur outfits like I'd previously stated) websites on fursuits for tutorials on foam and wire sculpting. I never even thought of using foam blocks for the stuffed animals, but it totally makes sense! I can use wire to strengthen the foam before applying faux fur over it! And the websites have a ton of different links to great places to buy fabrics and eyes and things. I'm suuuper excited! :D I was trying to find tutorials online, but most people want to sell the instructions, and I just don't want to buy something if I can't see how it's made before I do. I need to know if I'm up for it. Don't want to spend 15 bucks on a manual, only to find out that it wasn't what I was looking for.

So, though I may not be a furry, I can appreciate the time and money invested in making those outfits.

Also, I'm not sure if this helps, but it has some info on face casting. I'm sure that the instructions could be modified a bit:
Face Casting
Head Casting
I'm not sure if that's exactly what you were looking for, or if you're looking to sculpt a face from clay.

Also, to ShenLong: Triops are awesome! I wish the ones sitting on my computer desk didn't die so quickly. D= I miss them.

i wasn't mad at you it is a rule in wrongplanet that i'm pissed, at because of that rule i have to leave because i can guaranty i will get in more then a few wars.

i will not belong to a site that restricts freedom of opinion in any way shape or form, if i don't like parings i should have every right to say so.

but yeah i looked at that guy's channel wow is all i can say his costumes are so realistic, i ended up watching him.

yeah i love art as well. :)

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:28 am

Jetfox wrote:
ConcreteBalloon wrote:
I am a gay furry! x3

Grow a pair. It isn't a fad, it's an orientation. Don't make the mistake of judging something without perspective. I did so once, hell, even on here at least once and it was only recently, when I kind of began to stop shying away from my own orientation(bisexuality) and became integrated with a social group with plenty of LGBT individuals, did I seek to change myself.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 12:08 pm

ShenLong wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
ConcreteBalloon wrote:
I am a gay furry! x3

Grow a pair. It isn't a fad, it's an orientation. Don't make the mistake of judging something without perspective. I did so once, hell, even on here at least once and it was only recently, when I kind of began to stop shying away from my own orientation(bisexuality) and became integrated with a social group with plenty of LGBT individuals, did I seek to change myself.

i'm a girl thank you and no i will never get used to it, the more of this crap i see the more pissed i get, if 12 years haven't changed the way i view parings even though i see it everywhere i go, then nothing will. and this is why i have to leave. seeing all this crap is raising my stress level, i'm asexual mostly but i perfer straight if parings must happen. and i'm not going to stay and let anyone piss me off by trying to brainwash me.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 10:05 pm

Jetfox wrote:
ShenLong wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
ConcreteBalloon wrote:
I am a gay furry! x3

i'm a girl thank you and no i will never get used to it, the more of this crap i see the more pissed i get, if 12 years haven't changed the way i view parings even though i see it everywhere i go, then nothing will. and this is why i have to leave. seeing all this crap is raising my stress level, i'm asexual mostly but i perfer straight if parings must happen. and i'm not going to stay and let anyone piss me off by trying to brainwash me.

Tolerate, don't hate. I'm not trying to brainwash you and turn you gay. And neither was the other furry. If you want to know how it feels, I could start making fun of you for being asexual. Also, "Grow a pair" is gender-neutral.

Jetfox
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jan 2012, 11:23 pm

ShenLong wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
ShenLong wrote:
Jetfox wrote:
ConcreteBalloon wrote:
I am a gay furry! x3

Tolerate, don't hate. I'm not trying to brainwash you and turn you gay. And neither was the other furry. If you want to know how it feels, I could start making fun of you for being asexual. Also, "Grow a pair" is gender-neutral.

that is the problem society demands i have to tolerate it that i can't actively say i don't like it or support it in any way shape or form. i have to accept it.

well bullshit i say, as long as i live in the usa i do as i please as long as our freedom is not shattered, even then i would rebel... society wants it to be accepted but it doesn't have to, it is a choice not a law. and choose to hate. if you want to go ahead that is what freedom stands for. in life we can make our own choices for good or ill. and i will not have any being telling me what i should and should not accept. if this site hates me for it then it is my enemy. i will not stand by something that is against freedom of speech.

heck you can even choose to murder, you'd wind up in jail but we still have the freedom to choose to do so. even a person who doesn't know art can choose to learn, they will most likely never grasp it completely but still.

and grow a pair = toughen up i guess, how does that apply here. only the weak give in to other's demands, the strong stand for what they believe, whether it is right or wrong. so i am strong because i have yet to give in to even toleration of something i hate with every ounce of rage i possess, to give in is to be weak.

ShenLong
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jan 2012, 12:56 am

You look at things with out taking into account what is best for humanity. On a macroscopic scale, there is no right and wrong, no morality, but in a society like that of us Humans, there exists such concepts. And it's a bit more complicated than the traditional concept of right and wrong. Also, it's ill-defined on most fronts. But on the topic of orientation-a thing that cannot be tweaked outside of fluid bisexuality/pansexuality- it's best to at least accept everyone. You can still find it strange, hell, I'm still a little weirded out by certain ranges of transexuality, but no one deserves to be judged by their orientation.

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2012, 7:19 am

ScientistOfSound wrote:
for the erm, more racy parts of the fandom, I'm not really bothered by that anymore. People can like whatever they want IMO, and it only becomes wrong and a problem if they hurt someone or something, which most furries wouldn't do anyway.

That is SO TOTALLY AWESOME. Good attitude!

justalouise
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

31 Jan 2012, 7:22 am

ShenLong wrote:
Who counts talking about porn or sex to be among their everyday topics of discussion? Very few people because that's dumb.

Not to derail the thread, but...

I love sex! I love talking about it! Same goes for porn. And I talk about those subjects every day! Just like many other things.