Page 2 of 3 [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Ever wanted to be evil dictator/overlord/etc of the world?
Yes 52%  52%  [ 13 ]
No 48%  48%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 25

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:38 pm

Ganondox wrote:
kevinjh wrote:
Ganondox wrote:
All my plans require far more social networking than I am capable of.

For the ASD individual (an adjective noun) with good coping and rapport, the Peter Keating method works very well. It only involves giving all the appearances of being sociable.

My plans include wacked up things like becoming president of the US, then marrying the princess of Liechstein and making myself king of Liechstein and the American Empire, or simply setting up a complex hierarchy with me on top, and I have a governor for each continent, and each governor sets up a hierarchy for their region, and once the full hierarchy is established we take over the world from the bottom up.

By running things in the background, there is less of a chance that one will die in the unlikely chance that a rebel hero appears. On the other hand, Grand Viziers who read their job descriptions are likely to be defeated anyway. Even if you hate the ideals Ms. Rand presented, read the first few chapters of The Fountainhead to get a good idea of the craftiness behind Peter Keating's manipulations.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 7:45 pm

good question but I don't think it's in my nature to be a dictator, I'm far to laid back. :twisted:

Rax
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Nov 2011, 9:09 pm

Stop saying all this stuff about why you cannot do it, just think around it. Social domination is NOT the only way. How about going back in time with a flash camera and claim to steal people's souls with it. Think positive people! ideas!! !

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 9:15 pm

Rax wrote:
Stop saying all this stuff about why you cannot do it, just think around it. Social domination is NOT the only way. How about going back in time with a flash camera and claim to steal people's souls with it. Think positive people! ideas!! !

Now if the w, x, y, and z axes are equivalent, all we have to do is rotate someone so that whichever axis points back is the w axis and vice versa. Then, a simple push will send the person aging forward or backward. As for the flash camera, that should not be much of a problem.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

18 Nov 2011, 10:37 pm

Nope, I'm far too libertarian to wanna rule the world.

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Nov 2011, 3:58 am

1000Knives wrote:
Nope, I'm far too libertarian to wanna rule the world.

You can rule the world AND be libertarian. No one said you had to rule with an iron fist, although authoritarianism does allow for better stories. How much conflict can one get from a place where everything is already perfect (unless u [sic] want u-topia)?

Last edited by kevinjh on 19 Nov 2011, 4:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mego
Toucan
Toucan

19 Nov 2011, 4:28 am

I will just do the opposite of what Stalin did.

readingbetweenlines
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 6:11 am

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I wanted to take over the world, but I never had any good ideals on how to do it.

Same here.

ArtemisHolmes
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Nov 2011, 10:49 am

Totally original idea!

Get a magic remote control that lets me enter the television, and go to the history channel. I then report a change of events that lead to myself becoming the evil dictator of the world. No one can question the history channel.

The end.

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 11:11 am

I agree with those who posted before me with the idea of leaving it up to the likes of Pinky and the Brain (one of my fav cartoons).

I myself couldn't have a more opposing view on the topic. Who am I to put my view on anyone else? We all live on this planet. But in the same instants... who is anyone to put their views on me?

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 3:21 pm

If I ruled the world I make spinning round and round and round and round compulsory.

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

20 Nov 2011, 8:51 pm

Some day, my army of robots and I will take not just this puny planet, but the whole GALAXY!! !
You will all grovel before me as "God Emperor"
Mwwwaaaaaa hahahahahahaha!! !!
:twisted:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNAHjsAnTd4[/youtube]

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 4:57 am

pete1061 wrote:
Some day, my army of robots and I will take not just this puny planet, but the whole GALAXY!! !

I do not know much about this subject, but on a related note, would you probably exclude the Golden Throne part?

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 7:14 am

No I would not want to rule the world.....especially as an evil dictator, I think it would be better to have a classless society then a dictatorship then everyone can contribute in a positive way. I know ridiculous, where's all the evil plans, death and gore?

pete1061
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:20 pm

kevinjh wrote:
pete1061 wrote:

I do not know much about this subject, but on a related note, would you probably exclude the Golden Throne part?

Golden Throne? huh?

I wouldn't really have a "throne". I'd merge my consciousness with a great computer and command my machine armies from cyberspace.

Diagnosed in 2005

kevinjh
Veteran
Veteran

21 Nov 2011, 6:56 pm

pete1061 wrote:
kevinjh wrote:
pete1061 wrote:

Golden Throne? huh?

I wouldn't really have a "throne". I'd merge my consciousness with a great computer and command my machine armies from cyberspace.

Why not literally become a God Emperor instead? Surely the technology required to build a computer capable of simulating consciousness can also compute the steps required for something like this.